Page 541 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 4144149153153954054154254355159164110411541 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,820 of 67398
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    That's horrible. Go buy him candy and give him a teddy bear. Or else.

Cupid.
    His birthday is Feb. 9th and I already did something special for him this week. We decided early on in our relationship that 2 'events' in the same week wasn't necessary. I am taking him to the ballet with me tonight. I'm not sure he looks at it as a present though. To be fair, I only drag him with me once every 3 years or so (I'm a longtime subscriber to the Boston Ballet.)

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Heard that before. Promises.
    Told you so.

Now, I'm off to the golf course. And that is a promise I will also keep!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Told you so.

Now, I'm off to the golf course. And that is a promise I will also keep!
    Golf, eew!!! (Although I'm getting better at Wii golf. Maybe I should hit the links? )

I watched 'Mamma Mia' last night. There's an Australian girl who plays one of the bridesmaids who spends the first half of the movie in a Duke t-shirt! It's an artfully ripped (Flashdance style) t-shirt, but still, great big grinning Blue Devil on her belly and DUKE clearly visible. It does make me wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I watched 'Mamma Mia' last night. There's an Australian girl who plays one of the bridesmaids who spends the first half of the movie in a Duke t-shirt! It's an artfully ripped (Flashdance style) t-shirt, but still, great big grinning Blue Devil on her belly and DUKE clearly visible. It does make me wonder why.
    Cool! Was this the movie or the live version? I haven't seen either.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Cool! Was this the movie or the live version? I haven't seen either.
    I'm hoping that we watch the movie at the next Girls Night. The t-shirt is in the movie. I've seen the touring company twice. The second times was great - we actually had our own row of dancing queens* in front of us. At the end of the stage play, they come out and sing and the audience dances along. The row in front of us had all the moves down for Dancing Queen.

*Can I say this?

ArkieDukie - good luck with the condo hunting.

Sue and Ozzie - very impressive job last night!

How's it going, DD?
    I'm working this weekend-mixed blessings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    His birthday is Feb. 9th and I already did something special for him this week. We decided early on in our relationship that 2 'events' in the same week wasn't necessary. I am taking him to the ballet with me tonight. I'm not sure he looks at it as a present though. To be fair, I only drag him with me once every 3 years or so (I'm a longtime subscriber to the Boston Ballet.)
    Swan Lake?

Wang Center?

The only ballet I've seen outside of the Nutcracker.

Phenomenal performance in a fabulous theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    ArkieDukie - good luck with the condo hunting.
    Thanks! I'll be prepared this time: I have a tape measure to see if my living room furniture will fit in the appropriate space.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Swan Lake?

Wang Center?

The only ballet I've seen outside of the Nutcracker.

Phenomenal performance in a fabulous theatre.
    Wang Center - yes, Swan Lake - no. He hates the story ballets. These are some shorter more recently choreographed pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'm working this weekend-mixed blessings.
    These days, having a job is indeed a blessing. I keep repeating that to myself as I spend my weekend getting caught up on work! Hope your weekend isn't too busy, DD.

We have a winner!

Thanks! I'll be prepared this time: I have a tape measure to see if my living room furniture will fit in the appropriate space.
    I have found the place I'm going to make an offer on. It wasn't the place I liked the most last week. After looking again, I saw signs of water damage (bad for someone with mold allergies) and some other maintenance issues. The place I decided on is newly remodeled and has lots of closets. It also has a bonus room that can be used as an office. The only down side is a smallish kitchen, but it's still bigger than my current kitchen. Ironically, it was also the cheapest of my finalists! Now I just have to get the ball rolling - here's hoping I can get a good deal on a loan!

I have found the place I'm going to make an offer on. It wasn't the place I liked the most last week. After looking again, I saw signs of water damage (bad for someone with mold allergies) and some other maintenance issues. The place I decided on is newly remodeled and has lots of closets. It also has a bonus room that can be used as an office. The only down side is a smallish kitchen, but it's still bigger than my current kitchen. Ironically, it was also the cheapest of my finalists! Now I just have to get the ball rolling - here's hoping I can get a good deal on a loan!
    Congratulations! Good luck on the next phase.

Sending good new home vibes to ArkieDukie!

Congrats & good luck! Keep us updated! And early vibes to you.

I'm awake.

With a headache.

Ok VERY not funny. Now it's making me wait 60 sec instead of 30? Mod? Mod?

I woke up with a headache.

This 60 sec. thing is not helping. Ozzie! This is YOUR fault!