Page 53 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455631031535531053 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 67385
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Barely brilliant, Billybreen. Basically biting, but a bit boring.
    Board bully!

Cool Today's theme

The alliteration thread is just too lame, and will cut down on the frequency of posts here. Here is my suggestion for today's theme:

For today, this thread can become a metathread.

That's right, a thread about other threads. This would stay close to the thread's overall goal of being a thread about nothing. It would also give us a logical edge over ANY thread that wished to surpass this one for number of posts. As soon as another thread receives a post, we post about that thread.

If worse comes to worse, we can talk about dogs or cats (or lizards ... sorry EarlJam).

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Talking about other threads

On that theme - I can't believe how much discussion there was on Green Shirts in Cameron and Banning Patrick Yates. I would never have thought either subject would promote so much discussion.

I like green - especially when it folds and spends.

What WAS the deal with the Yates thread?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    On that theme - I can't believe how much discussion there was on Green Shirts in Cameron and Banning Patrick Yates. I would never have thought either subject would promote so much discussion.

What's the deal with the Yates thread? Guy gets banned, explanation given. WHY 5 pages on that?

Thanks DukieInKansas ... I thought it was just me with the Yates thread.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Love the avatar, DukieinKansas. Reminds me of Ole Roy's first game in Cameron as the UNC coach.

I am enjoying the limerick thread. Props to EarlJam for coming up with the idea. The Burma Shav thread (from several years ago) made me join the boards at DBR, so the limerick writing is really my cup of tea. Alliteration could work, too, but I'm not feeling inspired at the moment.

For some reason I didn't discover the Off Topic board until recently. It's more fun than the Main Board.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    ...For some reason I didn't discover the Off Topic board until recently. It's more fun than the Main Board.
    No doubt about it. I cruise the main board regularly and post there too, but I definitely post here much more often. I have stated before that I believe there to be a distinct breakdown as to who posts more often on which board. I am firmly convinced that the Off-Topic Boarders could beat up the Main Boarders.
    And I don't even care to discuss the wackos on the PPB.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    What's the deal with the Yates thread? Guy gets banned, explanation given. WHY 5 pages on that?

Thanks DukieInKansas ... I thought it was just me with the Yates thread.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

I agree with both these posts on so many things - folding and spending green, DukeieInKansas's avatar, and the Yates thread.

I could have done a Devildeac and posted in spread posts, but I'm in a generous mood this morning (and I'm at work!). heh heh heh

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I agree with both these posts on so many things - folding and spending green, DukeieInKansas's avatar, and the Yates thread.

I could have done a Devildeac and posted in spread posts, but I'm in a generous mood this morning (and I'm at work!). heh heh heh
    At work on Saturday morning, and in a generous mood? You're a better person than I.

Smile A thread about threads

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I am firmly convinced that the Off-Topic Boarders could beat up the Main Boarders.
    And I don't even care to discuss the wackos on the PPB.
    We don't beat up on the OTB.

As for the wackos on the PPB, I won't cough [billybreen] mention any of the PW's who go both ways on the OTB and PPB.

But yes, ditto what Wilson said. The OTB has remained close to the spirit of the neighborhood pub.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    At work on Saturday morning, and in a generous mood? You're a better person than I.
    I'm also leaving soon.

Working Saturdays is definitely no fun - but only 10 more to go!

Yes, but...

Working Saturdays is definitely no fun - but only 10 more to go!
    in comparison to being at work, (tapping heels together thrice) there's no place like home ... there's no place like home ... there's no place like home ...

The alliteration thread is just too lame, and will cut down on the frequency of posts here.
    Laugh long, loser.

Smile OOOOH ... going meta-alliteration

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post

Wow, I think we have a new idiom: "done a Devildeac."

How about combining the alliteration idea and the metathread idea? If you look at the Huck thread, one could see plenty of evidence of "going Gary."

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Wow, I think we have a new idiom: "done a Devildeac."

How about combining the alliteration idea and the metathread idea? If you look at the Huck thread, one could see plenty of evidence of "going Gary."

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Don't you mean metamread?

longest

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    It was getting redundant. And repetitive. And redundant. And repetitive.

(Blatantly lifted from one of my favorite shows ever, "Gilmore Girls.")
    that is close to one of my favorite expressions over the years: repetitively redundant

A question

I had a question, thought about starting a new thread, then thought, why not ask it here?

Do you think it would be a good idea to have an "introductions" thread, you know, a thread where people would just introduce themselves a little? The other boards I frequent have these and it's a nice way for people to get to know each other, newbies and old-timers alike. If y'all think it's a good idea, I can start one or someone else can!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthgateWindsor View Post
    I had a question, thought about starting a new thread, then thought, why not ask it here?

Do you think it would be a good idea to have an "introductions" thread, you know, a thread where people would just introduce themselves a little? The other boards I frequent have these and it's a nice way for people to get to know each other, newbies and old-timers alike. If y'all think it's a good idea, I can start one or someone else can!
    We've done that before, but I suspect folks would be amenable to doing it again. I would.

Well, if someone gets us started...

I have the old archive from the previous incarnation of this board. I can repost that to get us started.