Page 524 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 2442447451452252352452552653457462410241524 ... LastLast
Results 10,461 to 10,480 of 67238
    My italian team NGC Cantù just won an important away game versus Avellino... let's go Cantù!

Quote Originally Posted by guybrush View Post
    My italian team NGC Cantù just won an important away game versus Avellino... let's go Cantù!
    Welcome Guybrush to the LTE, and the DBR in general! Where in Italy do you live?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I bought 4 tickets to Duke at BC on StubHub yesterday so I'm going to the game next Sunday!!!!! (They weren't that expensive. Wonder what gives? Maybe it's BC's less than stellar season, but c'mon, it's Duke!)
    How exciting! Have fun, Bostondevil! Please remember that you'll also be cheering for those who watch from afar. No pressure, though.

BTW, how's the training coming?

I looked at condos this afternoon and found another cool one - very large, all original hardwood floors, a fairly recently remodeled kitchen. Lots of charm and in a very quiet area. It's currently priced at $15K under what the owners paid when they bought it. It's not quite as nice as the one I really liked last week, but it's cheaper and in a better neighborhood. And it's bigger. Could be a very good investment. The furnace was VERY loud, though. I'd be on the same street as Throaty - is that a plus or minus?

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I looked at condos this afternoon and found another cool one The furnace was VERY loud, though. I'd be on the same street as Throaty - is that a plus or minus?
    First, the furnace. Find out why it's loud and have them fix it, or replace it, BEFORE you buy the condo.

Living on the same street as Throaty? Well, it depends on whether or not you were an English major... And it would help to become an expert on the HPR codes

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    First, the furnace. Find out why it's loud and have them fix it, or replace it, BEFORE you buy the condo.

Living on the same street as Throaty? Well, it depends on whether or not you were an English major... And it would help to become an expert on the HPR codes
    Good advice, Ozzie. Thanks! I hadn't even thought about the furnace needing repair. That would be something to find out. The condo has been on the market since May, which means the owners are very ready to sell. My realtor told me that the husband had accepted a job elsewhere so they bought a new house and moved. The husband was recently laid off from the new job. So, basically, I could probably get a really good deal. As an aside, the condo is bigger than both of the houses I have owned!

I wasn't an English major (chemistry, actually), but my just-for-fun classes in college were literature and foreign languages. I love the HPR, but the only code I remember well is 9F!

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Good advice, Ozzie. Thanks! I hadn't even thought about the furnace needing repair. That would be something to find out. The condo has been on the market since May, which means the owners are very ready to sell. My realtor told me that the husband had accepted a job elsewhere so they bought a new house and moved. The husband was recently laid off from the new job. So, basically, I could probably get a really good deal. As an aside, the condo is bigger than both of the houses I have owned!

I wasn't an English major (chemistry, actually), but my just-for-fun classes in college were literature and foreign languages. I love the HPR, but the only code I remember well is 9F!
    You're welcome on the furnace.

The English major reference is, of course, a reference to Throaty's going off on Deslok in a chat a few games ago. If you weren't there, you wouldn't know about it.

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I've thought about going to the game...some friends from B-school who went to BC may come up for it. But I would put the odds at less than 50-50.
    You had better attend and cheer for the good guys!

You're welcome on the furnace.

The English major reference is, of course, a reference to Throaty's going off on Deslok in a chat a few games ago. If you weren't there, you wouldn't know about it.
    Sorry I missed that! It must have been very entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    You had better attend and cheer for the good guys!

We'll see...

We'll see...
    Go, Ymo, go!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    We'll see...
    A chance to see Duke and you don't even have to make a long road trip for it? And less than 50% odds of you going? Booooooooooooooo! GO GO GO GO
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I bought 4 tickets to Duke at BC on StubHub yesterday so I'm going to the game next Sunday!!!!! (They weren't that expensive. Wonder what gives? Maybe it's BC's less than stellar season, but c'mon, it's Duke!)
    Awesome to hear and have a blast. Regardless of less than stellar season, it's the ACC, it's Duke, and ANYTHING can happen. I personally hope "anything" doesn't happen, but you should be in for a good time.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

If you live on the same street as Throaty, could you become a moderator?

Welcome Guybrush to the LTE, and the DBR in general! Where in Italy do you live?
    I live near the Como lake, where George Clooney lives, 50 km north from Milan close to the swiss border.

I'm home. And sad.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I'm home. And sad.
    Understandable. Looks (and reads) like you had a great time with the gang! Frankly, I'm a bit jealous you got to hang out with the crowd not once, but twice. Did you also make it to the Duke game again as well? If so, you may be a bit of a good luck charm!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Understandable. Looks (and reads) like you had a great time with the gang! Frankly, I'm a bit jealous you got to hang out with the crowd not once, but twice. Did you also make it to the Duke game again as well? If so, you may be a bit of a good luck charm!
    Uh, yes.

I cannot discuss Wednesday night. At all. I may throw up.

Go ask Tilly.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Uh, yes.

I cannot discuss Wednesday night. At all. I may throw up.

Go ask Tilly.
    Hmmm. Paging Miss Galore, Miss Tilly Galore... your assistance is needed in the LTE STAT.

This is your 5 hour and 14 minutes without a post reminder.