Page 518 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 1841846850851651751851952052856861810181518 ... LastLast
Results 10,341 to 10,360 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Can we bring grocery store beer?
    Yes, and Harris Teeter has all 3 of the Chimay ales.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Yes, and Harris Teeter has all 3 of the Chimay ales.
    That's good to know. HT is opening a store here in a week or two, and it's on my way home from work.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Pretty quiet in here tonight - no one to draft with. Then again, the next milestone seems a LONG ways off...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Pretty quiet in here tonight - no one to draft with. Then again, the next milestone seems a LONG ways off...
    I'd PW with you but I'm exhausted. I'm probably going to bed now.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I'd PW with you but I'm exhausted. I'm probably going to bed now.
    Exhausted? It's only 9:45!

I've done very little besides sit on my couch today - watched most of the Federer/Nadal match until noon; watched the tivo'd Duke game; showered, did a load of laundry; watched the Superbowl game; watched The Office, and am now on the last two sets of the Aussie Open.

I suppose I should do the dishes and take out the trash at some point. Stupid Sunday chores...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Exhausted? It's only 9:45!
    Only got about 4 hrs of sleep last night.

Well, go on crazy party girl - scoot off to bed!

I, on the other hand, got about 13 hours of sleep (cold water diving always makes me really tired) so I'm wired.

Time for bed. I'm getting up relatively early to drive to LA in the morning. Having lunch with JulesinLA in Marina del Rey! And then I'm going to the Craig Furguson (sp?) show taping later in the afternoon. That should be fun! I'll also see some of the other Hollywood tourist sites to see. Then it's down to business the rest of the week
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Can we bring grocery store beer?
    Oh heck yeah!! Beer is good! I love beer!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Congratulations on getting the packing done. All that packing messed with your PW skills. You could have easily made that post into 8 posts.
    Yeah, I know. Wanted to get all my thoughts down before I lost them.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I looked up crime stats for the area of the condo of interest. Interestingly, the overall crime rate appears better than the area of CWE where I was looking! I always hear about problems in the area around Delmar Loop. I guess the numbers don't lie, unless I looked in the wrong place.
    Woo hoo!!! Does this mean you're even more interested in the condo and will put in an offer?

Thumbs down

I'm never going to drink again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    I'm never going to drink again.
    You'll change your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    You'll change your mind.
    It's not worth it. The drinking is not so bad, it's all the junk I eat when I'm drinking. Massive quantities and calories take a lot of effort to burn off.

It's not worth it. The drinking is not so bad, it's all the junk I eat when I'm drinking. Massive quantities and calories take a lot of effort to burn off.
    It's all in the sequencing. Knowing I was going to eat a lot of crap while I was supposed to be watching the Super Bowl last night instead of writing reports, I ate a whole box of dried prunes before I went to bed. While that was a good way to reduce the calorie load, it really screwed up my electrolytes and sucked all the moisture from my brain. I've fallen down twice today. Need some Gatorade badly.

The moral? Don't mix jalapeno poppers with Delmonte dried prunes. It sets off a vicious gastrointestinal event.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    It's all in the sequencing. Knowing I was going to eat a lot of crap while I was supposed to be watching the Super Bowl last night instead of writing reports, I ate a whole box of dried prunes before I went to bed. While that was a good way to reduce the calorie load, it really screwed up my electrolytes and sucked all the moisture from my brain. I've fallen down twice today. Need some Gatorade badly.

The moral? Don't mix jalapeno poppers with Delmonte dried prunes. It sets off a vicious gastrointestinal event.
    LOL, though all I could think of while reading your post was, DUH!!! What did you expect would happen when you ate all those prunes?

Hope your electrolytes are back to normal very soon.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post

Too funny. I thought you were going to tell me the prunes flushed out all the calories.

Reminds me of a political joke that Stewart and Colbert did when they where hosting the Emmy's. Colbert sat there with a box of prunes and said he'd been eating prunes for 8 years and didn't want to change.

There are only (by my calculation) about 5000 calories in one Bacon Explosion. You can get about twenty 1/2" slices out of it. That's only 250 calories a slice. Wait a minute... for a second there I almost posted a thread that tried to convince you of the nutritional merits of the Bacon Explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Woo hoo!!! Does this mean you're even more interested in the condo and will put in an offer?
    Not yet, for a few reasons. The biggest is that I need a minimum 10% down payment to get a loan. That's a real first for me - darn economy! (So much for being helped by a really good credit score.) Secondly, public transportation isn't the best in the area around the condo. It's very close to a dicey area, and there are lots of problems at the closest Metro Link (train) station. No bus stops close by, as best I can tell. The plan for now is to look for a while longer. The realtor told me that stuff really starts hitting the market within the next month or so, which means I have plenty of time. There are lots of condos on the market and more to come.