Page 503 of 1199 FirstFirst ... 34034534935015025035045055135536031003 ... LastLast
Results 10,041 to 10,060 of 23968
  1. #10041
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greenville, NC
    Oh, and major props to Lavabe and Devildeac. THAT was fun.

  2. #10042
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    You read my mind - I was just going to ask you how the condo hunting went.

    I hope the crime stats are low there.
    I'm a big kitchen person, and this one had all-new appliances, granite countertops, and a pantry. Oh, and a nearly new Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer. 2 bed, 2 bath, wood floors, dining room, and an eat-in kitchen. I could use the dining room as an office and have a real, honest-to-goodness spare bedroom. The only thing on my list it didn't have was covered parking. It has a space in a gated lot, though.

    Skinky-D can be a bit dicey - at least, that's my impression. There have been problems on The Loop as well. However, driving down the street, there were LOTS of nice cars. Really, really nice cars. The condo is in one of the areas with Wash U buyer incentives, which probably helps.

  3. #10043
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I could watch that, oh, probably about 10,000 times.
    I watched it again and still found myself letting out a loud cheer. It never gets old.

  4. #10044
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I finally have all the documents I need to do my taxes. Here's my big dilemma: do I get TurboTax and do them myself, or do I take my stuff to a CPA? I typically go the TurboTax route, but I sold a house and moved this year. I don't know how complicated that will make things. Any advice greatly appreciated!
    Do you usually do your own return? If so, you probably can do them yourself. I believe the interview process on TurboTax will ask you the pertinent questions. You will have the sale of your home, which may or may not have a taxable gain (probably not). You will also have moving expenses and don't forget the fun of filing in two states. I don't know if the Turbo Tax for individuals will do the two states automatically or not. If any of these comments make you uncomfortable you might want to consider having someone else prepare them this time.

  5. #10045
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Oh, and major props to Lavabe and Devildeac. THAT was fun.
    Thanks. Just like Bob and Bing. Or Magic Man and El Diablo. Or Hill and Laettner...(well, perhaps I stretch the limits of believability there)

  6. #10046
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Do you usually do your own return? If so, you probably can do them yourself. I believe the interview process on TurboTax will ask you the pertinent questions. You will have the sale of your home, which may or may not have a taxable gain (probably not). You will also have moving expenses and don't forget the fun of filing in two states. I don't know if the Turbo Tax for individuals will do the two states automatically or not. If any of these comments make you uncomfortable you might want to consider having someone else prepare them this time.
    Thanks! I have always found TurboTax to be quite helpful. I'm sure the two state thing will be a pain, but probably not impossible. My big hope is that I'll get a big refund this year so I'll have more money for the condo fund.

  7. #10047
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Incredibly well. Sheesh, I take an hour off the boards and I'm 5 pages behind on the LTE.
    Sheesh, I take a day off, and I'm over 400 posts behind! You guys went nuts today!

    (I went diving. )

  8. #10048
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Sheesh, I take a day off, and I'm over 400 posts behind! You guys went nuts today!

    (I went diving. )
    That sounds like fun! I've never been diving. Where do you go? What kind of stuff do you look at? In AR I believe it's a big deal to dive in the man-made lakes and look at some of the old towns that are now under water.

  9. #10049
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    My fun for the evening was ice skating. A co-worker and I braved the pre-teen set at Steinberg (the outdoor rink in Forest Park). I only fell twice. I'm getting much better at falling. That may sound funny, but it's definitely an art. No bruised knees or messed-up shoulders this time.

  10. #10050
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Pitino isn't guarding Hill!!

    Fire him.

    There's the pass to Laettner!!

    OMG!!

    LGD!!
    I just read that for the first time, I'm still laughing. 5 minutes later.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  11. #10051
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Emerald Isle, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    That would be beer-sipping...
    we know that! I was in dramatic mood, so "swilling" had a rather "poetic" sound to it!

  12. #10052
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Perhaps a bottle of wine for us to split at DBR Girls at the Beach?
    That sounds like a great plan!

  13. #10053
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Pitino isn't guarding Hill!!

    Fire him.

    There's the pass to Laettner!!

    OMG!!

    LGD!!
    Can someone help me out here? What is LGD?

    I'll disagree on one point: I don't think Pitino should be fired for not guarding Hill.

  14. #10054
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Time to take a break for a nice cup of hot cocoa with Kahlua. Ymmm ... Kahlua.

  15. #10055
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Can someone help me out here? What is LGD?

    I'll disagree on one point: I don't think Pitino should be fired for not guarding Hill.
    Let's go, Duke!

  16. #10056
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Let's go, Duke!
    geeez, no enthusiasm.

    Let's Go Duke!!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  17. #10057
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I was appreciative of both congrats. I just don't know how to include two posts/quotes in my reply. Profuse apologies.
    In the bottom right corner, there are three icons - one that says "quote," one that has a quote and a +, and then a third for "quick reply." The middle one is for multi-post quoting. Click on the icon, and it turns orange, indicating it's on the list to be quoted. Then, at the bottom of a page, click the "reply" button, and all the posts will be in the editing pane. The quotes get inserted in the order that you click the "multi-quote" buttons.

    Note - this really hurts one's PWing efforts.

    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    That sounds like fun! I've never been diving. Where do you go? What kind of stuff do you look at? In AR I believe it's a big deal to dive in the man-made lakes and look at some of the old towns that are now under water.
    I do most of my diving in the puget sound area, or San Juan islands just to the north. We've got several easy shore dives just within a half-hour of our house, so that's convenient. Today was a gear tune-up, as Mr. DA got some new stuff, and I've just not been wet for a couple months. Next week, we'll be diving a couple of wrecks (sunken boats). As for what I see, my dive buddy captures a lot of it here: http://www.joeschmoe.com/

    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Can someone help me out here? What is LGD?
    Let's Go, Duke!

  18. #10058
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Let's go, Duke!
    DUH! (Or, maybe, D'oh!) What can I say; I'm a bit slow sometimes!

  19. #10059
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I do most of my diving in the puget sound area, or San Juan islands just to the north. We've got several easy shore dives just within a half-hour of our house, so that's convenient. Today was a gear tune-up, as Mr. DA got some new stuff, and I've just not been wet for a couple months. Next week, we'll be diving a couple of wrecks (sunken boats). As for what I see, my dive buddy captures a lot of it here: http://www.joeschmoe.com/



    Let's Go, Duke!
    I've always been fascinated with the programs that show wrecks. You must see some really interesting things. IIRC you've also mentioned dives that you've taken on vacations, right? What's the coolest dive you've ever been on?

  20. #10060
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post

    I do most of my diving in the puget sound area, or San Juan islands just to the north. We've got several easy shore dives just within a half-hour of our house, so that's convenient.
    Ever find any feet?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-25-2007, 10:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •