Page 50 of 2289 FirstFirst ... 404849505152601001505501050 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 45779
  1. #981
    Yes another post closer to 1000. But then I have already posted here over 120 times...

  2. #982
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Talking Are we there yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Yes another post closer to 1000. But then I have already posted here over 120 times...
    10% of all of your posts have been on this thread? Now THAT'S dedication. And it's not like your PWing over on the PPB.

    Congrats,
    Lavabe

  3. #983
    Well, a little bit was, just not in the Huck Finn wants to hand out Bibles thread.

  4. #984
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Well, a little bit was, just not in the Huck Finn wants to hand out Bibles thread.
    I confess, I got behind on that thread, back when it was on page 2 or 3, and now I'm afraid to go back in. Should I just way for it to scroll away unread?

  5. #985
    Not sure I never got involved...religion okay, politics okay, religion and politics no way.

  6. #986
    1000 or bust. BTW, unless EarlJam finds a computer quickly, I'm taking him out on Friday.

  7. #987
    Did we celebrate this thread's birthday on the 20th? Longevity is another good record for thread length that we should aspire to own.

    The Patrick Patterson thread began on 3/22/2007 and was locked on 5/21/2007. By my count, we have about 20 more days before we equal it.

  8. #988
    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Did we celebrate this thread's birthday on the 20th? Longevity is another good record for thread length that we should aspire to own.

    The Patrick Patterson thread began on 3/22/2007 and was locked on 5/21/2007. By my count, we have about 20 more days before we equal it.
    Oh no, hoist by my own petard. My 'Two Posts Away' thread was started on 6/6/2007. It was still active as of yesterday, and will continue to be active due to my own incessant PWing.

  9. #989
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA

    TripIt

    http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/...20&postcount=4

    Not that I've figured out what BillyBreen was doing on the PPB board with a blog post recommending a trip-planning service, but man, that sounds like a cool service.

    I want to plan to go somewhere, just to try it out.

    And in a totally random "whoa" moment, I'm currently reading a Joel Spolsky book (on UI design) for work.

  10. #990
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/...20&postcount=4

    Not that I've figured out what BillyBreen was doing on the PPB board with a blog post recommending a trip-planning service, but man, that sounds like a cool service.

    I want to plan to go somewhere, just to try it out.

    And in a totally random "whoa" moment, I'm currently reading a Joel Spolsky book (on UI design) for work.
    Joel is a former Microsofty, of course you are

    There's an Obama button in the sidebar. That's why I posted it in the 'endorsements' thread. Definitely a cool service, though.

  11. #991
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    10% of all of your posts have been on this thread? Now THAT'S dedication. And it's not like your PWing over on the PPB.

    Congrats,
    Lavabe
    Not to take anything away from the PWing of all of you loquacious members, but this thread accounts for well over half of my post totals. That's not saying much, but this goal of posting for the sake of posting has encouraged me to stop lurking and actually contribute (even if I never contribute anything worthwhile).
    Pratt '02, Law '06

  12. #992
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Wink This thread has gone to the dogs!

    Post totals aside, this thread has more dog avatars than any other thread!

    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Last edited by Lavabe; 02-01-2008 at 11:12 AM. Reason: wrong word

  13. #993
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Lavabe, I was just going to say that sometimes this thread makes me think about getting a dog. Great minds, perhaps?

    There, we have a name for the thread, Rover.

  14. #994
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    We're over 10,000 views! Good job, Rover.

    Now, who was that wanted post 1000 or 1,000?

  15. #995
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Talking Rover

    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Lavabe, I was just going to say that sometimes this thread makes me think about getting a dog. Great minds, perhaps?

    There, we have a name for the thread, Rover.
    Funny you should say that. It actually creeped into dinner table conversation last night.

    My brother used to be a breeder of boxers. Sorry, but they're not my kind of dog. And I'll avoid small dogs (BB's avatar is sort of like an earworm ... I can't get it out of my brain) and bulldogs (UGA slobbers too much). Any word on Samoyeds?

    Woof!
    Lavabe

  16. #996
    Almost there!

  17. #997
    Doing my part to bring this thread to 1,000, and surpass Devildeac. The challenge isn't over my friend.

  18. #998
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Almost there!
    Are we there yet?

  19. #999
    Just need one more!

  20. #1000
    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Just need one more!
    We are there. Post #1000. Commas are lame.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •