Page 5 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 3456715551055051005 ... LastLast
    alotta eggnog, even more Khalua!!

Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    as for holiday cookies - anyone else have the ones that looked like little wreaths? they were made of cornflakes with some green goop on them (I think the recipe is similar to rice krispie bars) and then you laid it out in a circle and added some red hots for decoration. very yummy. and very fun.
    agreed yum

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    We have zoomed past Britney's sister, let's take down the steroids next!

Anybody like marzipan?
    Yeah!!! But it's hard to find sometimes. Over in the Mother Country one can find it anywhere, even at the corner "convenience shop." I wonder why it's not as popular here in the States.

no thank you on the egg nog

I have to admit I am not a fan... They're are plenty of excellent rum drinks out there: mojito, daiquiri, blue hawaiian, long islands, mai tais... It has always confused me why you put a tropical booze in a winter drink. If you're going tropical, go all out.

I have always wondered...

what on earth is marzipan?

what on earth is marzipan?
    Marzipan is yummy

Yum

I have an idea.

It seems like all the longer threads involve some sort of sniping, trivial little fight.

I think we need that here, to keep this going beyond the holidays. Maybe a bout of totally immature namecalling.

So in that spirit, and summoning up all the little-sister-ness I can muster,

"Earljam is a doodyhead."

Merry Christmas!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post

a
    How can you say that? I have a lot of evidence which I'm too busy to go into right now that proves EarlJam is a poopyhead. I don't know where all this doodyhead nonsense comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I have an idea.
    Nuh-unh.... you totally didn't go there did you?

I contend that the theory of EarlJam's doodyheadedness is just a theory! There's no consensus! I swear there's like three guys I know that think that theory is a total crock! And it's utterly ridiculous that the the Theory of EarlJam's Doodyheadness is being forced down our children's throats without alternative viewpoints!

a
    How can you say that? I have a lot of evidence which I'm too busy to go into right now that proves EarlJam is a poopyhead. I don't know where all this doodyhead nonsense comes from.
    See! It's all a conspiracy!

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    Marzipan is yummy

Yum
    cool...

What was life like before wikipedia? I can't seem to recall... perhaps I should look it up?

life before wikipedia

there apparently isn't an entry...

a
    Hey! No making fun of those of us that haunt the public policy boards! Especially me - I will get very sad...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Leaving EarlJam's poopyheadedness aside for a moment, does anyone else eat black-eyed peas on New Year's Day?

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    Nuh-unh.... you totally didn't go there did you?

I contend that the theory of EarlJam's doodyheadedness is just a theory! There's no consensus! I swear there's like three guys I know that think that theory is a total crock! And it's utterly ridiculous that the the Theory of EarlJam's Doodyheadness is being forced down our children's throats without alternative viewpoints!
    Consensus on whether Earljam is a doodyhead is a strawman. Nice try.

As for doody- vs. poopy- heads, well, I think they're close, but BostonDevil clearly misses that. For that, I will unabashedly misconstrue her positions, ask for a ridiculous amount of research to be done to support her position (you'll note, she didn't include any links, therefore her position is highly suspect), and call her names as well.

BostonDevil is now a "dorkus."

This or That

Have y'all ever done a "this or that" thread? Like someone posts, "Southgate or G-A?" and someone answers, "Southgate," then posts another question, like, "Oak Room or CI?" Then someone answers and posts a question, and so on. Those get really long.

And no one gets called any names.

I have to admit I am not a fan... They're are plenty of excellent rum drinks out there: mojito, daiquiri, blue hawaiian, long islands, mai tais... It has always confused me why you put a tropical booze in a winter drink. If you're going tropical, go all out.
    Proper egg nog is made with brandy or bourbon, not rum. And I'm sorry, but none of you have actually had egg nog, because you haven't done so until you've sampled my mother's rendition.

Leaving EarlJam's poopyheadedness aside for a moment, does anyone else eat black-eyed peas on New Year's Day?
    Nope. Clam chowder and peach juice. (I have no idea where my mother got that one!)

My mother is a zealot for black-eyed peas and collards on NYD. I used to hate this, but now I actually rather like it, especially with the homemade cornbread.

If we're going to have proper holiday spirit and some namecalling, then EarlJam must be a cottonheaded ninnymuggins.