Page 497 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 3974474874954964974984995075475979971497 ... LastLast
Results 9,921 to 9,940 of 67238

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Is it smiley or smilie?
    According to the DBR options on every post, you can disable the latter in text.:D

Maybe by the next Sunday?
    Quite possibly...

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Puppy Bowl 5? I know several who will watch this over any other games going on that day. My day will be done by 4 PM unless there is overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Quite possibly...
    But it will take some effort...

I think we made a mistake at 9,314...

I think the commercials have been a bit disappointing the last few years. On the bright side, the games have been better.
    I agree - last year's commercials were pretty weak overall.

In Western KY, my parents just got power today, as they are on a grid with a hospital. My brother (the Vasquez fan) probably won't get power for a week, at the earliest. LOADS of tree falls blocking roads and taking down power lines.

Here in easternish Kentucky, about 25,000 people (as of 6PM tonight) are without power in Lexington alone. Loads of issues throughout eastern Kentucky. In Richmond, KY, water and power were out for the last few days. UK and EKU were out most of the week. Lots of towns with electricity issues.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Vibes to you and your family! Hope everyone stays safe, warm, and fed.

We had an ice storm in January '77 (I think) that left us without electricity for 4 days. At that time we heated our house with a wood stove, which meant that we had heat and could cook. Others weren't so lucky. This time around my parents still don't have phone service, and they just got cell phone service back yesterday. Fiber optic cables are out as well. They got electricity back the day after the storm, but most people in the area are still out. Branson is shut down, which is a pretty good indication of how bad it is.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    We play ewe-vee-eh at 2PM on Sunday so there will be a bunch of chatters. We'll be watching live. A few of us may gather before/during the game at CIS to see if any of us really exist.
    I really do exist, but only in a computer. Have a great time at the game, and get in a few extra yells for me!

I wasn't able to get a meeting scheduled on Sunday, so I'll actually get to watch the game live for a change. That makes me happy!
    Good job! I used to have meetings on most Sunday afternoons, but not any more. That all-important basketball viewing time is open!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I'm starting to burn all my CDs onto digital storage. Anyone have any suggestions for how to make the process easier/less tedious?

Still haven't decided whether to keep the physical media or ditch it. Thinking I'll keep for now.

As it is, I haven't listened to most of this music since I started downloading stuff in 2001. I'm getting nostalgic for HS/College days (since that's when most of these CDs were purchased!)
    I did that last year. You are correct; it is a very slow, tedious process. On the up side, it's great fun to listen to songs in a random mix and have something pop up that you haven't listened to in years.

Hur-ley! Hur-ley! I may have to break for a while now.
    Last edited by ArkieDukie; 01-31-2009 at 08:11 AM. Reason: status!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I have to run 10 miles on Sunday, I'm trying to decide when to fit it in. I should run 12 but I can't without busting the knees so I'm doing 2 hours on the bike today. My longest training run will be 15 miles in 3 weeks or so. After that it's time on the bike plus lots and lots of 3-6 mile runs.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    9:00 AM EST. A bit too early for me to prepare the bacon explosion.
    9:00 AM EST? Really?

If each of us posts once for every hour of coverage, we'll hit 10,000 in no time.
    In theory...

Do we play them up at the John later this year?
    Negative.

I propose we do it right at 10,000. Who will be up for replaying the dagger in the heart of every UK fan?
    I'll give it another "shot."

Oops, that would be my bad. Sorry. Too busy dissing the terps...

Imaginary PA here flexing her PW muscles!

I'll have to remember that on the next thread that reaches 9,314. Hmm, that would be the "ymm, beer" thread if the trend continues...

I don't think DBR made me wait 30 secondes between posts. But then again, I can't count

We all righty then DD, it's on! I tried to post 2 in a row, hmmph!