Page 49 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159991495491049 ... LastLast
    Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    ... and the PPB "Huck turning around the Constitution" thread folks are trying to catch up to this thread.

I think we need a pep talk from our thread starter.

While the Hucksters are jumping the shark (not unlike some presidential candidates), we are set for a massive PW attack. No amount of religion/politics/science bickering can rival the PW express of this thread.
    Throwing down the gauntlet are we?

ETA: Page #49 started!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dukepsy1963 View Post
    To help finish out the thread......maybe you can give me some ideas.

Since retiring I have been doing photography (musicians mainly, CDs, live concerts, etc) and illustration.

I am currently thinking about doing some Duke t-shirts. (actually working on a few now)
    I have some ideas but would appreciate any you might want to share or throw out as a possibility.

Any t-shirt/sweatshirt, etc. that you would like to have in particular? (While I prefer working on Duke stuff, other sports/teams, etc. would be fine too.)
    I'm sure the idea of a picture of The Shot has already occurred to you. A K-Ville scene could be cool too. Also perhaps the national championship banners, perhaps something with the retired jerseys, something to do with cutting down nets?
    There are myriad possibilities here.

On a side note, who said anything about "finishing out the thread"? BLASPHEMY!

And by the way, the PPB folks remain 447 posts behind us. All we gotta do is hold serve. If we need to just keep chuggin' until election-related stuff is no longer relevant, then I say so be it. If we hold to our current pace and keep this thread on the front page until November, that'd put us somewhere around 7000 posts.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    And by the way, the PPB folks remain 447 posts behind us. All we gotta do is hold serve. If we need to just keep chuggin' until election-related stuff is no longer relevant, then I say so be it. If we hold to our current pace and keep this thread on the front page until November, that'd put us somewhere around 7000 posts.
    Alright, I'm going back over there and insulting someone's mother. That should get us going again.

Smile Dimino

OK, here goes.
    Last Saturday, my best friend's fiancee's sister had a friend get married to Kelly Johnson, the Braves' second baseman (got all that?). She and her friends who were invited originally intended to attend as a group, sans dates. Then, they decided to change their strategy; each of them would bring the biggest Braves fan they know.
    Well, I made the cut. The wedding was more or less your standard affair: good food, good booze, good music, etc. The main distinguishing characteristic was that this one had about 10 current and former Atlanta Braves standing around.
    It took me a while to work up the requisite (liquid) courage, but eventually, I just sauntered up to each of the Braves, one by one (a few of them were standing in groups), and introduced myself.
    Nearly all of them were incredibly nice. The main exception was Jeff Francoeur. He and his wife projected the vibe of, "Wow, how great are we?" all night. When I talked to him, he was cordial enough, but basically scanning the room for something better.
    The one I was most excited about talking to was Brian McCann, who is basically my favorite player (but I refrained from telling him that). He was as personable as he possibly could have been, and I stood and held a good conversation with him for about half an hour. When we first started talking, he asked me where I was from. After I told him I was an Atlanta native, he asked if I was a Braves fan, and I nearly laughed in his face. Uh, I guess you could say that...
    It was really nice for my favorite player to be so cordial to me, and I am now as big a Brian McCann fan as ever. You should be, too.
    Pete Orr (who has actually been traded) was also really nice; I talked to him for quite a while too. He and I spent quite a while talking to Chris Dimino of 790 The Zone (for any of you who listen to Atlanta sports talk radio). Dimino is really nice too, but let me tell you...he's got the perfect face for radio.
    All in all, it was a great time. As we all know, weddings are great, but weddings with the Braves are better.
    Apparently Dimino grew up a few towns away from me in Bergen County. Nice guy... and yeah, the perfect face for radio!

But did y'all do the chop as they walked down the aisle?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Alright, I'm going back over there and insulting someone's mother. That should get us going again.
    colchar, are you rooting for 'the other team'? It sounds like you want a PPB thread to challenge this one. Just try it, I dare you, I triple dog dare you, heck maybe I'll even post once in that thread to taunt you, but remember the LTE (longest thread ever) CANNOT be defeated!

Should we give the thread a nickname? LTE brings Lute to mind but no. Lettie? Luke? Bob Beamon? The Nile? We could start calling it LTE but I think I'd prefer something that's not just an acronym.

Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Should we give the thread a nickname? LTE brings Lute to mind but no. Lettie? Luke? Bob Beamon? The Nile? We could start calling it LTE but I think I'd prefer something that's not just an acronym.

Discuss.
    Anaconda or Asiatic Reticulated Python (Python reticulatus)?

colchar, are you rooting for 'the other team'? It sounds like you want a PPB thread to challenge this one. Just try it, I dare you, I triple dog dare you, heck maybe I'll even post once in that thread to taunt you, but remember the LTE (longest thread ever) CANNOT be defeated!

Discuss.
    Ron Jeremy?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post

But did y'all do the chop as they walked down the aisle?

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    No chopping in the church, but there was some at the reception.

Ron Jeremy?
    That's a bit too direct. How about "The Hedgehog?"

Boys!

longest

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Why the hell not?!?
    Well, scolding by DevilAlumna, Lavabe, Wilson and Tilly made me feel quite guilty so I engaged in some personal psychoanalysis, deeply reflecting on my recent behavior and became resolute I would NOT allow myself to engage in another evening of shameless PWing with stealthy, rapid-fire one-liners and challenging other posters' man/womanhood and posting practices. It worked. Briefly. Then I had a Schlafly ESB and a Breckenridge Oatmeal Stout and the resistance crumbled and the padding began anew last evening and here I am again today .

PWing? Bah. I don't care if you post 27 times in a row. The PPB folks are gaining on us. Modest gains, and they're still way behind us, but gaining nonetheless.

Hey, I just thought of something, how did my one word post get through? It's only 5 characters.

Hey, I just thought of something, how did my one word post get through? It's only 5 characters.
    Perhaps the server recognized the seriousness of your need to admonish bb and me.

I think the admins reduced the requirement to 3 characters.

Four

I want to be post #1000. We're also approaching 10,000 views.

Exclamation Hold on thar'!!

I want to be post #1000. We're also approaching 10,000 views.
    Wait a minute ... you use the comma for the 10,000, but not for the 1,000?

You hypocrite!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

P.S. WHEW... we're back to discussions about commas!

Smile Lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Well, scolding by DevilAlumna, Lavabe, Wilson and Tilly made me feel quite guilty so I engaged in some personal psychoanalysis, deeply reflecting on my recent behavior and became resolute I would NOT allow myself to engage in another evening of shameless PWing with stealthy, rapid-fire one-liners and challenging other posters' man/womanhood and posting practices. It worked. Briefly. Then I had a Schlafly ESB and a Breckenridge Oatmeal Stout and the resistance crumbled and the padding began anew last evening and here I am again today .
    On the other hand, you have single-handedly had the POTY on the Wilbon thread ... w/a little help from Ozzie.

ROTFLMAO!!

FWIW, I'm neither a cardiologist, nor a BME who makes pacemakers, nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Cheers,
    Lavabe