Page 47 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957971475471047 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Any chance I can petition to get the comma removed from my 4-digit post count?
    Binary solo! One oh oh One.

This is one of the more powerful fronts I've seen. I got into class and it's backed off the high of 70 to 65. I come out and it's 39 and snowing.

Going to my next class and it's 28, snowing heavier, with a north wind of 33 mph. This is really fun to watch.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Kansas City Weather

Our predicted dusting of snow created near whiteout conditions earlier. Passed numerous cars off the road and into each other returning from a client's earlier.

Does anyone else chuckle when the SUV that just blew past you in the snow ends up in the ditch? (No injuries - unless pride is taken into consideration.)

Question I don't understand

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    This is one of the more powerful fronts I've seen. I got into class and it's backed off the high of 70 to 65. I come out and it's 39 and snowing.

Going to my next class and it's 28, snowing heavier, with a north wind of 33 mph. This is really fun to watch.
    Snowing at 39 degrees? Huh? How does THAT happen?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Snowing at 39 degrees? Huh? How does THAT happen?

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Colder air aloft, where the snow is made. Snow falls down into warmer 39 degree air, retains it's snowflake characteristics long enough for humans to observe. Then it melts.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I wonder what is the longest thread in vBulletin history. At what point do we start to stretch the bounds of what the software can do?

I doubt it's possible. Thread length is probably unbounded, but I say we shoot for 1000 pages just to be sure.
    If I'm not mistaken, the longest thread ever was "Who am I?" in which various DBRers talked about (surprise) who they were in real life. It was quite entertaining and I actually learned a lot about the array of fields that folks are into on this board.

Talking Here's an idea to make this thread go REAL long...

Well, maybe not. Over on the EK forum, the GREEN thread is burning up (pun intended). If we mix one part EK climate change, one part PPB religion & evolution, one part EJam classic, I think we could hit our next target PRETTY QUICKLY.

NAHHHHH ... let's talk about yogurt, snow, and commas.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

I've seen some whack cold fronts, especially in Mississippi, which often changes almost as quickly as you get in the Midwest or West, but I've never been around for one quite this dramatic. We're going from 73 (heat index 75) at lunch to single digits (windchill -20ish) before midnight. It's a spectator sport.

The original forecast was hi 60, low 15, snow. They missed the high 13 degrees low and the low 5-10 degrees high. Dry air will do that to them.
    Last edited by throatybeard; 01-31-2008 at 01:51 PM.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the longest thread ever was "Who am I?" in which various DBRers talked about (surprise) who they were in real life. It was quite entertaining and I actually learned a lot about the array of fields that folks are into on this board.
    Yo, BB -- did this thread get archived, and if so, URL, please?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Yo, BB -- did this thread get archived, and if so, URL, please?
    Yeah, I took the service offline when I switched hosting providers (and moved from .Net to LAMP). I still have the DB and will see how best to extract in usable form.

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Does anyone else chuckle when the SUV that just blew past you in the snow ends up in the ditch? (No injuries - unless pride is taken into consideration.)
    That has happened to me before - except it was a van. They tried to pass us because we were going too slowly. They immediately skidded sideways into the ditch. We laughed and waved as we slowly drove away.

(and moved from .Net to LAMP).
    Just had to throw that in there, didn't ya??

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Just had to throw that in there, didn't ya??
    Hey, I'm not always getting a dig in -- the hosting provider just didn't have .Net as an option, and I already had a relationship with them.

BTW, I'm working on a new .Net project in my real life, and I was responsible for the decision to go that way over a Java stack. So I'm not a hater.

longest

congrats, wilson-now all ACC

longest

congrats, wilson, now Danny Ferry(you're not worthy-clap, clap, clap/clap/clap )

longest

I swear, Lavabe was Danny Ferry at 1002 and 1003(or 1,002 and 1,003). Guess he's that good.

longest

Danny Ferry, that is, not Lavabe

longest

just trying to stay ahead of Tilly

BTW, I'm working on a new .Net project in my real life, and I was responsible for the decision to go that way over a Java stack. So I'm not a hater.
    Just joshin' with ya', my techie friend.

Now, we just need to address Devildeac's serious PW'ing problem this evening...

Red face I'm not worthy ... now I'm REALLY depressed

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    just trying to stay ahead of Tilly
    WOW ... that was some serious PW'ing. 5 1-lined responses in less than 20 minutes; this isn't snrub chat, ya know. ;>)

Yeah, I was Danny Ferry for two in a row. There are about 5 named post numbers in the opening 15 or so after the M mark.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Last edited by Lavabe; 01-30-2008 at 05:32 AM. Reason: clarification