Page 45 of 2275 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755951455451045 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 45483
  1. #881
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Augustine, FL
    We have powerball and lotto in CT. Each draws twice a week. I buy tickets for both, all the time, and play the same numbers. I can buy them for 3 months at a time, so it's not too much effort.

    But I live in fear that I will forget to get the tickets, and my numbers will come in. My friends parents did that - one time they didn't have their tickets, their numbers won. My wife's friend won the CT lotto a few years ago, about 50k per year for 26(?) years. A former co-worker's parents won in MA, but the numbers were all very low (single digits, I think) and about 100 people won, so their share was pretty small.

    Being surrounded by winners, does that make my chances of winning better, worse, or the same? Mathematically, it should make no difference. But karma is a funny thing.

  2. #882
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh

    longest

    Watch out for some serious PW'ing by Lavabe today as he approaches the 4 figure total with his posting...

  3. #883
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Talking Are you insinuating something, devildeac?

    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Watch out for some serious PW'ing by Lavabe today as he approaches the 4 figure total with his posting...
    NAHHHHH...

    If I'd really want to PW, I'd join the PPB discussion about Harlan Huckelby/Huckleberry Hound/Huckabee and his attempts to change the Constitution. I'm finding myself in that strange territory of supporting tecumseh again. I figure one discussion about evolution over there would do the trick.

    Remember ... the PPB is THE TWILIGHT ZONE. It's the Bermuda Triangle of the DBR.

    Cheers and beers,
    Lavabe

  4. #884
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Remember ... the PPB is THE TWILIGHT ZONE. It's the Bermuda Triangle of the DBR.

    Cheers and beers,
    Lavabe
    Yeah, I get "lost" over there every once in awhile...fortunately, it doesn't seem to have had a permanent effect on my blood pressure.

  5. #885
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Yeah, I get "lost" over there every once in awhile...fortunately, it doesn't seem to have had a permanent effect on my blood pressure.
    I've done a pretty good job staying away. There are some intelligent comments being bandied about over there, but too much of it consists of (alternately) chest-pounding alongside those with whom one agrees and admonishing those who disagree for being wrong.

  6. #886
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA

    Question

    This one's perfect for this thread:

    When writing 4-digit numbers, do you go for the comma or no comma? That is to say, is it 1000 or 1,000?

    For me, it's 1000.

  7. #887
    1,000 for me...I look at a lot of numbers every day and I find the placeholders useful.

  8. #888
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Talking Mille

    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    This one's perfect for this thread:

    When writing 4-digit numbers, do you go for the comma or no comma? That is to say, is it 1000 or 1,000?

    For me, it's 1000.
    As for me, I prefer the Roman style:

    M...

    ... as in Bond's boss.

    But that comma sure looks nice. IIRC, "Ask a Ninja" recently did a routine on comma splices.

    1,000 Cheers,
    Lavabe

  9. #889
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    As for me, I prefer the Roman style:

    M...

    ... as in Bond's boss.

    But that comma sure looks nice. IIRC, "Ask a Ninja" recently did a routine on comma splices.

    1,000 Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Congrats on M!

    Now that you've reached 1,000 posts, what are you going to do Lavabe?

  10. #890
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh

    longest

    Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Congrats on M!

    Now that you've reached 1,000 posts, what are you going to do Lavabe?
    The answer to that should be fairly obvious-he is going to enjoy a Sweetwater Ale, his choice, and then post a review on the 'ymmm, beer' thread. Right, ole pal?

  11. #891
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Talking Bond ... James Bond

    Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Congrats on M!

    Now that you've reached 1,000 posts, what are you going to do Lavabe?
    In the spirit of this thread, I am NOT going to Disney World.

    NOTE TO DEVILDEAC: My wife is the one who is allergic to cats.

    A Schlafly, some Bond, and some podcasting.

    Which Bond should I watch tonight, Tilly?

    I'm also going to need some rest before Wilson goes on a roll tomorrow.

    Goldfinger Cheers,
    Lavabe

  12. #892
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    In the spirit of this thread, I am NOT going to Disney World.

    NOTE TO DEVILDEAC: My wife is the one who is allergic to cats.

    A Schlafly, some Bond, and some podcasting.

    Which Bond should I watch tonight, Tilly?

    I'm also going to need some rest before Wilson goes on a roll tomorrow.

    Goldfinger Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Which Bond? I'm going to be settling in with Casino Royale in a little while to answer my own question from the Bond thread. Plus I just can't get enough of Daniel Craig's Bond. 9 months and some days until the new one.

    My old stand by is From Russia With Love. If I wasn't trying to figure something out from CR I'd watch FRWL tonight.

    The question now is, which brew do you enjoy with a Bond movie?

  13. #893
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Two miles south of Cameron
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Ow, rotator cuff injuries always sounds painful!

    But if it's not that bad, I'm sure EJ would also be happy to take the extra vicodin or percocet off your hands.
    The pain isn't/wasn't too bad. What's getting old is the inconvenience of only being able to move one arm. I am better at left handed typing than I was a week ago but that's not saying much.

    As for meds...oxycodone...totally over rated.

  14. #894
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh

    longest

    Quote Originally Posted by merry View Post
    The pain isn't/wasn't too bad. What's getting old is the inconvenience of only being able to move one arm. I am better at left handed typing than I was a week ago but that's not saying much.

    As for meds...oxycodone...totally over rated.
    glad to hear you are recovering. WRT pain meds, perhaps you need to contact EarlJam...

  15. #895
    No posts in the OT board for over two hours? I wonder what everyone was doing, watching basketball?

  16. #896
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
    Quote Originally Posted by merry View Post
    The pain isn't/wasn't too bad. What's getting old is the inconvenience of only being able to move one arm. I am better at left handed typing than I was a week ago but that's not saying much.

    As for meds...oxycodone...totally over rated.
    Totally agreed. Hey, look, just send them to me and I'll flush them for you. Just PM me and I'll give my address. It's really no problem at all and I'm happy to help.

    -EarlJam

  17. #897
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    No posts in the OT board for over two hours? I wonder what everyone was doing, watching basketball?
    Actually two of my friends and I were watching PPV 'wrasslin! ha ha ha, just for kicks, pure entertainment value!
    All the right guys won

  18. #898

    Happy Monday

    Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Monday.

  19. #899
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    wilson mentioned in another thread that he'd like to know how many topics have been covered so far in this thread. Am I going back and counting them all? Uhm, no, but I will start by listing everyone one I can remember.

    PopTarts, Michael Bolton, scarves, pet pictures, humorous pet stories, the Trinity club, THIS or THAT, insults, sledding/winter/snow, pain medications, and of course, how awesome this thread is (this bit includes self referential stuff like, look we're at 900!)

    That's 11 for a start, unless you want to combine pet pictures with humorous pet stories.

  20. #900
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Look, we're at 900!

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •