Page 449 of 2386 FirstFirst ... 3493994394474484494504514594995499491449 ... LastLast
Results 8,961 to 8,980 of 47720
  1. #8961
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Anybody else have trouble sleeping during a full moon?
    Nope, I sure didn't.

  2. #8962
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Anybody else have trouble sleeping during a full moon?
    Maybe THAT'S my problem.

    I do have sharp canines.

    Is that a sign I'm a werewolf or a vampire?

    Cheers,
    Lavabe

    P.S. My daughter's voraciously reading the Twilight series. Lots of talk about vampires here.

  3. #8963
    I had trouble sleeping this weekend but attributed it to work related issues...

  4. #8964
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Maybe THAT'S my problem.

    I do have sharp canines.

    Is that a sign I'm a werewolf or a vampire?

    Cheers,
    Lavabe

    P.S. My daughter's voraciously reading the Twilight series. Lots of talk about vampires here.
    How old is your daughter? Be prepared to have a talk with her after she reads the last one. I don't know if you read my posts on that series before but I find the last one irresponsible storytelling in a novel aimed at young adults which in book speak means 14 year olds.

  5. #8965
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Back in Vegas... again.
    Hi all. What's new?

  6. #8966
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    P.S. My daughter's voraciously reading the Twilight series. Lots of talk about vampires here.
    Will you be reading it as well? Just curious. I haven't gotten into them, but a couple "girlfriends" at work have torn through the series and recommend. I don't know of any straight guys who've read them. (then again, I don't hang around much with a teenage crowd either...)

  7. #8967
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Hi all. What's new?
    Nice airplane avatar. Getting psyched for your trip?!

  8. #8968
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Back in Vegas... again.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Nice airplane avatar. Getting psyched for your trip?!
    Nooooooooooo... what makes you say that?

  9. #8969
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Even if you'll be leaving behind your 80&sunny weather?

  10. #8970
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Back in Vegas... again.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Even if you'll be leaving behind your 80&sunny weather?
    Shhhhhh.

  11. #8971
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Watching carolina Go To HELL!
    sue71

    She's leaving, on a jet plane, don't know when she'll be back again....
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

    Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    http://www.EGLEW.com


  12. #8972
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    How old is your daughter? Be prepared to have a talk with her after she reads the last one. I don't know if you read my posts on that series before but I find the last one irresponsible storytelling in a novel aimed at young adults which in book speak means 14 year olds.
    Will PM you about it...

    which one is the last one? She mentioned another one written from the perspective of Edward. Is it that one, or the one before that?

    Thanks,
    Lavabe

  13. #8973
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO

    1000th Post!

    Was going to summarize the entire thread but could only make it about 50 pages (just over 1000 posts). Besides, I started worrying about going over the word limit. It's pretty amusing to try summarizing this thread in short phrases. Amazingly, the topics roughly lend themselves to this format. The last 4 lines are random extended topics that stuck with me from later in the thread. Here's to the LTE and all its posters!

    In the spirit of earworms, think "We Didn't Start the Fire"

    Pop Tarts, Pitt game
    Bush can’t say “Battier”

    Random thoughts, gingerbread,
    This thread will never grow.

    Egg nog, marzipan
    EarlJam is a doodyhead,

    Black-eyed peas, collard greens
    Polls on campus buildings.

    Ice cream, milkshakes
    Merry Christmas everyone.

    Tea vs coffee
    Road signs from everywhere.

    Refrain:
    BD had a vision
    Now the thread is growing
    When the daylight’s burning.
    BD had a vision
    Drafting onward, upward
    In a posting frenzy.

    Dogs, cats, Christmas gifts.
    Many more random polls.

    Cow bells, car brands,
    1990 summer.

    Bowl games, chocolate,
    Happy New Year.

    MLK Day, movies,
    Ice cream’s back

    Bugs Bunny, PP board
    What the heck is Blu-Ray?

    Pro football, Utz chips,
    BostonDevil knits a scarf.

    Refrain

    EarlJam’s avatar, moderators posting,
    Patrick Davidson, animals in sweaters.

    ArkieDukie wins the scarf,
    Why 589?

    NFL predictions,
    Snowfall in Boston,

    Yogurt, Chuck Norris,
    Lavabe and the Maasai.

    Phrases we all hate,
    Good karma all around.

    Evil, plotting birds,
    Snowfall in the South.

    Refrain

    Showering habits,
    Wilson hates Fleetwood Mac.

    We wrote a novel
    One line at a time.

    Broomball, sick dogs,
    This thread will never die,

    Winning the lottery,
    Posting milestones,

    All of us need good vibes
    New jobs all around

    Earl Jam’s banned again
    Billybreen’s locked away.

  14. #8974
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Back in Vegas... again.
    AD, that's great! Color me impressed!

  15. #8975
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Wow, billybreen has been locked away for a long time!

    Great post.

    Happy 1000th!

  16. #8976
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Thumbs up Arkie = Cool 1,000th post

    Wow Arkie ... I mean POTY!!

    And I vaguely recall the Maasai discussion.

    I better try again to go to sleep. I have 3 back-to-back classes TuTh starting at 8AM, and they're predicting a messy winter weather advisory for "rush" hour. Luckily, I have almost a two hour break before my 4th class.


    All I have to do is start humming that Billy Joel tune.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

  17. #8977
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    AD - POTM! Nice! Now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head...

  18. #8978
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Woot, this post comes courtesy of Windows7 and IE8.

    Install and transfer of settings was the easiest install I've ever done.

  19. #8979
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Was going to summarize the entire thread but could only make it about 50 pages (just over 1000 posts). Besides, I started worrying about going over the word limit. It's pretty amusing to try summarizing this thread in short phrases. Amazingly, the topics roughly lend themselves to this format. The last 4 lines are random extended topics that stuck with me from later in the thread. Here's to the LTE and all its posters!

    In the spirit of earworms, think "We Didn't Start the Fire"

    Pop Tarts, Pitt game
    Bush can’t say “Battier”

    Random thoughts, gingerbread,
    This thread will never grow.

    Egg nog, marzipan
    EarlJam is a doodyhead,

    Black-eyed peas, collard greens
    Polls on campus buildings.

    Ice cream, milkshakes
    Merry Christmas everyone.

    Tea vs coffee
    Road signs from everywhere.

    Refrain:
    BD had a vision
    Now the thread is growing
    When the daylight’s burning.
    BD had a vision
    Drafting onward, upward
    In a posting frenzy.

    Dogs, cats, Christmas gifts.
    Many more random polls.

    Cow bells, car brands,
    1990 summer.

    Bowl games, chocolate,
    Happy New Year.

    MLK Day, movies,
    Ice cream’s back

    Bugs Bunny, PP board
    What the heck is Blu-Ray?

    Pro football, Utz chips,
    BostonDevil knits a scarf.

    Refrain

    EarlJam’s avatar, moderators posting,
    Patrick Davidson, animals in sweaters.

    ArkieDukie wins the scarf,
    Why 589?

    NFL predictions,
    Snowfall in Boston,

    Yogurt, Chuck Norris,
    Lavabe and the Maasai.

    Phrases we all hate,
    Good karma all around.

    Evil, plotting birds,
    Snowfall in the South.

    Refrain

    Showering habits,
    Wilson hates Fleetwood Mac.

    We wrote a novel
    One line at a time.

    Broomball, sick dogs,
    This thread will never die,

    Winning the lottery,
    Posting milestones,

    All of us need good vibes
    New jobs all around

    Earl Jam’s banned again
    Billybreen’s locked away.
    Very impressived, ArkieDukie.

    I do have to disagree with one line - EarlJam is not a doodyhead.

    I could hear the cowbell in my mind - although you can always use more cowbell.

  20. #8980
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Wow, billybreen has been locked away for a long time!

    Great post.

    Happy 1000th!
    Thanks! As I was drifting off to sleep last night I thought of one more I could've/should've added: "BD ran a marathon."

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •