Page 433 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 3333834234314324334344354434835339331433 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,660 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I thought it jumped long before that, when they were switching out sidekicks at the store...
    I started watching GW less than a year ago, so am vaguely familiar with this story line.

FYI, I did not finish reading Ozzie's post as I have not watched GW. Must get ready for Numbers now that I'm home.

Guess that ends my PW'ing for today. Speaking of devildeac, I saw his daughter this evening. Would have said hi but she was gone before I could. She looked good though, better than some of her associates (that is so not the right word but I can't think of the right word when I have Rob Morrow on the brain).

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Guess that ends my PW'ing for today.
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Speaking of devildeac, I saw his daughter this evening. Would have said hi but she was gone before I could. She looked good though, better than some of her associates (that is so not the right word but I can't think of the right word when I have Rob Morrow on the brain).
    Claire is a "Blue Team" cheerleader for those that don't know, and they usually cheer for the women's team. The DD's were probably at the game too. She was involved in a not so minor fender bender earlier this week while returning to school from Raleigh. She is fine, just a little shaken up as we all would be. We saw her after the game Wednesday night.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    World Wide Fund for Nature or World Wildlife Fund.
    When did it become World Wildlife Federation?
    I thought it was the World Wildlife Federation as they sued the World Wrestling Federation several years ago for name infringement, or something like that. Guess it was only the WWF part that chafed them. That's why they became the WWE instead. Fits better anyway with the "entertainment" part, I guess

DD, is all ok with your daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    You noticed, too, eh?
    Wow. Picking up here after about 5 days of not reading the boards. Lots of reading and catch up to do-about 4-5 pages worth.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    NC State has one.

BTW, when I got home from the game last night, I was almost 90 posts behind in reading the LTE from when I left for the game. Good going, folks! I had to wait till this evening to have time to catch up.
    I have 260+ to read and post about now. This may take a while...

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    I went to the State Fair this year and I got a huge dish of ice cream that some Ag Club from NCSU was selling at the fair. It was good!
    They have this every year. About $4 for a HUGE bowl of dee-licious ice cream. Really is enough for 2 people, or more...

Devildeac

He's baaa-aaack!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I'm back from the game. Devildeac and I enjoyed it immensely, preceded by dinner at Tyler's Tap Room. DD will post about the beers enjoyed in the Ymm Beer thread tomorrow or Friday.
    More than likely, beer reviews tomorrow. Still have over 200 posts to peruse...

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I can't wait to see you and DD critiquing (sp?) beers next weekend in person. That ought to be a hoot!

DD, you going to make it to the AB with us on Friday?
    I don't believe we will join y'all. We will be OOT next weekend at the coast.

DD hasn't read the board in three days and says it might be Friday before he has time. He's going through withdrawal and is suffering the D-PW's
    DT=delirium tremens
    D-PWs=delirium post whore syndrome

I love grapefruit man. I really do.

-EJ

I've never snarfed pastrami!
    just corned beef...

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    I always thought "snarf" meant inhaling food, not exhaling it.

tr.v. snarfed, snarf·ing, snarfs Slang
    To eat or drink rapidly or eagerly; devour: snarfed down some cookies.

[Probably sn(ort) + (sc)arf3.]

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
    Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.

And "spew" is the reverse, e.g. "I spewed Dogfish 90-Minute IPA through my nose when I read Earljam's latest poll on nose hair."
    The DFH 90 Minute is MUCH better "inhaled" than when it is exhaled...

Actually, it is much better sipped...

You may be right. Right now I'm snarfing my can of Slim-Fast for lunch. I'd much rather be snarfing the pastrami, but having already done that the past couple of weeks, I'm now having the Slim-Fast.

Last night at Tyler's Pub (dinner with DD) they had the Dogfish 60-Minute IPA, 90-Minute IPA, and some brown ale "raisin" on special. I sampled each one and chose the brown ale. DD had a 1/2 pint of the 60-Minute and then a 1/2 pint of the brown ale. He'll review in more detail in the Ymm Beer thread. We got to keep the glasses the brews were served in.

Man does not live by Slim-Fast alone.
    I'd vote for a gathering at Tyler's Taproom after the game on 1/17. We'll join you if we are back in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    True that, but Oz, I don't think "snarfing" and "Slim-Fast" belong in the same sentence...

On the other hand, an event featuring all-you-can-eat-and-drink can be referred to a "snarf-n-barf".

Thanks for the tip re Ymm Beer - sounds like a good time. Perchance you were sampling Dogfish "Raison D'Etre"? It's one of my favorites; maybe I'll hunt down some of my own this weekend...
    Ozzie did have the Raison D'Etre. I think he kinda, sorta liked it. Remember, he is a budlite kinda guy...

I had the 60 Minute IPA and the Raison and reviews should be out tomorrow after I catch up on 5 days worth of reading here.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'd vote for a gathering at Tyler's Taproom after the game on 1/17. We'll join you if we are back in town.
    You'd vote? Who says you get a VOTE? WE already decided we're doing AB on Fri & Tyler's Taproom on Sat. You're late to the show, darlin.

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    Beer is gooood! Thank ya, sir!
    I thought you were cutting back...

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Are you insinuating that DukePA and I are cheap dates?
    I'm glad it's Ozzie getting his backside in trouble with that topic/discussion...