Page 421 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 3213714114194204214224234314715219211421 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,420 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Couch in your office?
    It's her "casting couch"
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Ugh. Did anyone else just have a "first day back" that left you wiped out?
    Actually, no. I drove to Kingstree, SC and back (~350 miles round trip), including about 3 hours there, and now I can't fall asleep, which is why I'm posting at 1:13 a.m.

I still don't know what EarlJam was talking about in his latest poll.

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    It's her "casting couch"
    Honestly that's what I was thinking...

Have we reached the "Longest Thread Ever" yet??!!

Just wanted to add this to the thread.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post
    Have we reached the "Longest Thread Ever" yet??!!

Just wanted to add this to the thread.
    If not, we could start a subthread about how one pronounces "Battier."

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Ugh. Did anyone else just have a "first day back" that left you wiped out? I fell asleep on the couch in my office at work, for a mini-nap around 7PM. I mean, I was working on e-mail, listening to the radio, and next thing I know, it's 7:30.

And it's not like I haven't been getting 9-11 hours of sleep each night for the past week either. (I love vacation time for getting to sleep in!)
    I was in bed by 9:30 PM...

I've been lurking here, but haven't posted anything in a while.

ArkieDukie, awesome poem.

Sue71 and DukePA, I have Jan 17 open, can I join ya'll?

DevilAlumna, a couch in your office? Jealous! And, you got to take a nap? Really jealous! Also, I had the first day back blues. Though that was tempered by the ickly blues losing Sunday while we walked all over the Hoakies.

Speaking of the icky blues loss. I was in the heart of icky blue country teaching high school kids at church, who happen to be icky blue fans, bless their hearts. While I was reveling in the loss, ironically to a Catholic school and I'm teaching Catholic high school students, I had to work on consoling a couple of the boys as they were devastated (I'm not exaggerating) that their team will not be undefeated this year. They just didn't get it that a loss can be a good thing or that it's best for their team to lose now than in March (even though I will love it when they lose in March, twice). Oh, my ride home was sweet despite being caught up in traffic from the game, especially with all the Duke basketball paraphernalia on my car.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I've been lurking here, but haven't posted anything in a while.
    I had noticed you'd been absent. You been OK? Hope so.

9F 9F 9F

I had noticed you'd been absent. You been OK? Hope so.
    Oh yeah, I'm fine. Thank you for asking. When I pull up DBR on my home computer I'm not automatically logged in, so only post when I have something to say. Shocking I know!

Tilly - have you had your home inspection yet on the new house?

Oh yeah, I'm fine. Thank you for asking. When I pull up DBR on my home computer I'm not automatically logged in, so only post when I have something to say. Shocking I know!
    Glad you're OK, but ... you're not automatically logged in on your home computer? Why in the world not? How do you know what posts you've read? - you can't use the "new" button.

9F 9F 9F

Actually, no. I drove to Kingstree, SC and back (~350 miles round trip), including about 3 hours there, and now I can't fall asleep, which is why I'm posting at 1:13 a.m.

I still don't know what EarlJam was talking about in his latest poll.
    EJ has a new poll?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    EJ has a new poll?
    Well apparently the late night nonsense was taken down by the moderators. It was gobbledygook.

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Tilly - have you had your home inspection yet on the new house?
    Had the home inspection last Wednesday, and a structural engineer looked at the house yesterday. I'm told that overall everything looks good for a house nearly 50 y/o, though a few things do need to be done. Will be turning in the repair request by the end of the week.

Glad you're OK, but ... you're not automatically logged in on your home computer? Why in the world not? How do you know what posts you've read? - you can't use the "new" button.
    Sometimes I have to go back a page or two on the LTE to see where I left off. If I keep DBR up on the computer I can use the "new" button to read what has been posted since the last time I read a thread. If I close DBR, then I do have to go back and find where I left off.

Oh, and if I don't read or post after a period of time, I'm kicked off DBR. It only happens on my home computer, doesn't happen at work and doesn't happen on my dad's computer when I'm visiting my parents. -jk has tried to help me figure out the problem, but we never did figure it out, so I live with it. My home computer is the only computer in which I am not the only DBR member to log in, thus wonder if that could be the problem. Sometimes Moneypenny logs on. I'm kidding! My boyfriend is a DBR member and sometimes logs on when he's visiting.

DevilAlumna, a couch in your office? Jealous! And, you got to take a nap? Really jealous! Also, I had the first day back blues. Though that was tempered by the ickly blues losing Sunday while we walked all over the Hoakies.
    Okay, by 'couch,' I mean 'futon that I've had since college.' It's actually really comfortable, and I get bored sitting at my computer desk all day. And at 7PM, most normal people are home.

In my building at work, most employees have single offices, and a good half of those are decked out nearly like dorm rooms - decorations, personal carpets & furnitures, occasionally even a mini-fridge or other appliances. I think I need to invest in a space heater, as my office was so cold last night, I got a runny nose!

Good to see you back, Tilly! Way to 'help' those Tar Heel boys through their grief!

Well apparently the late night nonsense was taken down by the moderators. It was gobbledygook.
    His computer needs an ignition lock...

Yes and I'll be the one who gets blamed for it.

Sounds good. Keep 1/17 open.

No! Not then. I'll be out of town.

Couch in your office?
    I have a couch, an ottoman and a recliner in my office.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    I have a couch, an ottoman and a recliner in my office.
    In my work office, I have no couch, just basic office furniture. My home office is in one corner of the living room, so technically I have couches and chairs in my home office.