Page 41 of 2275 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351911415411041 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 820 of 45483
  1. #801
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO

    Michael Bolton

    EarlJam,
    I have noticed that your little buddy has kept the same look for a while now. I am a great admirer, of course, but I have tried to come up with ideas for how to improve his look. A tiara, maybe? Other ideas, anyone?

    (Shamelessly PWing and simultaneously coming up with a potential topic of discussion...)

  2. #802
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Augustine, FL
    I go for a run in the morning and toss my clothes on the floor before showing. (Don't worry, I pick them up afterwards.)

    While I shower, my beagle likes to play "hide the socks". She steals my socks and hides them somewhere. Luckily, she's not very good at hiding, usually under the bed. But one time she put them inside the pillow case. That took a while to find.

  3. #803
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Shameless PW! Go back to your Bickering Board.
    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Yeah, Wilson was PWing today like it's his job.
    Hey, I gotta make up for my holiday-related time away from the boards somehow! Plus, I had 3 1/2 hours between classes and it was too early in the semester to have much to fill my time with.
    And Fleetwood Mac still sucks.

  4. #804
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brevard

    Idea

    I have always wanted to write a book with multiple authors where each participant writes a line or three based on what the previous person(s) wrote, etc. If nothing else it could finish out this thread!

    Wanna try it?

    Here's a line.

    "Dejuan Jones looked at his watch and realized that he was late, real late. He needed to hitch a ride somehow."

  5. #805
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Smile Tag

    Quote Originally Posted by dukepsy1963 View Post
    I have always wanted to write a book with multiple authors where each participant writes a line or three based on what the previous person(s) wrote, etc. If nothing else it could finish out this thread!

    Wanna try it?

    Here's a line.

    "Dejuan Jones looked at his watch and realized that he was late, real late. He needed to hitch a ride somehow."
    But then again, Dejuan was used to life's disappointment. Being late was just part of life for him. After all, he lived in Atlanta.

    "I have to change my life," he thought.

  6. #806
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    But then again, Dejuan was used to life's disappointment. Being late was just part of life for him. After all, he lived in Atlanta.

    "I have to change my life," he thought.
    "Should I change move to another town, with less traffic? Maybe I should take a poll," he thought.

  7. #807
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    "Should I change move to another town, with less traffic? Maybe I should take a poll," he thought.
    "No. This town is perfect," he immediately convinced himself. "Besides, who cares if I'm late...after all, they know I'll be late. In fact, they're COUNTING on it."

  8. #808
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Dejuan shrugged and stuck his thumb out at a passing car. The Honda Civic pulled over immediately. As he approached the car he noticed Cheryl in the driver's seat, "I knew you'd be late."

  9. #809
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    EarlJam,
    I have noticed that your little buddy has kept the same look for a while now. I am a great admirer, of course, but I have tried to come up with ideas for how to improve his look. A tiara, maybe? Other ideas, anyone?

    (Shamelessly PWing and simultaneously coming up with a potential topic of discussion...)
    I am on the case!

  10. #810
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Dejuan shrugged and stuck his thumb out at a passing car. The Honda Civic pulled over immediately. As he approached the car he noticed Cheryl in the driver's seat, "I knew you'd be late."
    "But there's something more I should tell you," Cheryl purred. "I'm late too."

  11. #811
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    "But there's something more I should tell you," Cheryl purred. "I'm late too."
    Dejuan, his face betraying his attempt to hide his sinister joy replied, "Have you informed the folks at the dolphin lab? Not sure if the world's ready for a real mermaid yet you know."

  12. #812
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Dejuan, his face betraying his attempt to hide his sinister joy replied, "Have you informed the folks at the dolphin lab? Not sure if the world's ready for a real mermaid yet you know."
    "Well I dunno about the world," Cheryl replied. "But I know this Atlanta's not the place to raise a mermaid. Droughts and mythical aquatic creatures do not mix. And I'll be darned if I'm trusting the folks at the aquarium. Say, what did you end up doing when you fathered that centaur back in '98?"

  13. #813
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Wink Plagiarism

    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    "Well I dunno about the world," Cheryl replied. "But I know this Atlanta's not the place to raise a mermaid. Droughts and mythical aquatic creatures do not mix. And I'll be darned if I'm trusting the folks at the aquarium. Say, what did you end up doing when you fathered that centaur back in '98?"
    Suddenly, DeJuan woke from his dream.

    "Honey," he said. "I had this crazy dream."
    Suzanne stirred a little, then managed to utter, What did you wake me up for?"

    DeJuan then retold the story about Cheryl. After which, Suzanne replied, "Well this makes as much sense at that silly dream of yours in which you were a hotel keep in a quaint little New England town."

  14. #814
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Suddenly, DeJuan woke from his dream.

    "Honey," he said. "I had this crazy dream."
    Suzanne stirred a little, then managed to utter, What did you wake me up for?"

    DeJuan then retold the story about Cheryl. After which, Suzanne replied, "Well this makes as much sense at that silly dream of yours in which you were a hotel keep in a quaint little New England town."
    "Ah well, I guess I'll just chalk up another one," DeJuan said, unenthusiastically slinking out of bed. "But now, it's time to make the donuts."

  15. #815
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    "Ah well, I guess I'll just chalk up another one," DeJuan said, unenthusiastically slinking out of bed. "But now, it's time to make the donuts."
    "Okay honey," Suzanne replied sheepishly, "But don't be late getting home. We're going to the aquarium, remember? And I have a little annoucement to make! Hee Hee."

    DeJuan defecated and dropped his Lectric Shave to the floor. Suddenly the dream in all its haunting clarity came rushing back to greet his memory. He bent over, ripped off the bed sheet to find, not the two shapely, smooth legs he'd become accustomed to kissing over the course of their 14-year marriage, rather...what was this? Scales. A........fin?

    "What the HELL!?"

  16. #816
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brevard
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    "Okay honey," Suzanne replied sheepishly, "But don't be late getting home. We're going to the aquarium, remember? And I have a little annoucement to make! Hee Hee."

    DeJuan defecated and dropped his Lectric Shave to the floor. Suddenly the dream in all its haunting clarity came rushing back to greet his memory. He bent over, ripped off the bed sheet to find, not the two shapely, smooth legs he'd become accustomed to kissing over the course of their 14-year marriage, rather...what was this? Scales. A........fin?

    "What the HELL!?"
    ---
    ---
    "Tell me more about these latest dreams. They seem to bother you more than the other ones you used to have? Am I right?" Dr. Bendral looked over at DeJuan who was chewing on his lower lip and staring at the floor. "You said that there are dreams within dreams?"

    DeJuan looked up and nodded. "Yeah, I might be having one now they're so real."

  17. #817
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Argh! There's nothing worse than . . . and then he woke up. The first rule of improv is 'never say no'. Making it all a dream is the fiction writing version of saying no. Our little story has gone straight down the toilet, scaly fins and all, into the ocean, where it drowned and never got the chance to rescue Tom Hanks. Sigh.


    Here, let's try again.

    It's funny how little things can change your life. I only wanted to rent This is Spinal Tap but the BlockBuster didn't have it in stock.

  18. #818
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    It's funny how little things can change your life. I only wanted to rent This is Spinal Tap but the BlockBuster didn't have it in stock.
    "Well, it serves me right," said a little voice in my head. "1992 called and it wants its movie rental paradigm back." I drove home to add Spinal Tap to my Netflix queue.

  19. #819
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    "Well, it serves me right," said a little voice in my head. "1992 called and it wants its movie rental paradigm back." I drove home to add Spinal Tap to my Netflix queue.
    I continued home thinking "I really want to watch it tonight!" Just then a flash of light blinded me. My mother always told me that impatience would be my downfall. I hate it when it turns out she was right.

  20. #820
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    "Well, it serves me right," said a little voice in my head. "1992 called and it wants its movie rental paradigm back." I drove home to add Spinal Tap to my Netflix queue.
    And just when I realized I was about to experience Spinal Tap in way so much more powerful than a Blockbuster rental, there he stood at my door. Nigel. Yes, Nigel, the very man that led me fretboard-first down this rags to riches and back to rags story.

    "Hello Niles," I calmly introduced myself.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •