Page 4 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 2345614541045041004 ... LastLast
    DevilBen: Awesome dog! Walter would love to hang out with him/her. Boxer?

Or is that a Saint Bernard? I really can't tell, though I love Saints too (grew up with them).

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    DevilBen: Awesome dog! Walter would love to hang out with him/her. Boxer?
    Chubbs is actually a bulldog. We got him from a breeder that claimed to breed "miniature" bulldogs, but at ~68 lbs, we have stopped claiming that he is in any way a miniature.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    I've heard about a new thundercats live-action movie that might be made. I really don't know what to think about it. If Cheetara is hot, then maybe it'd work....
    Am I wrong in thinking Patrick Swayze would be fun as Lion-O?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    We WILL get there especially if we all start doing some post enhancing substances.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    We WILL get there especially if we all start doing some post enhancing substances.
    The question is whether we will get there before the thread on Britney's sister does

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBen02 View Post
    Chubbs is actually a bulldog. We got him from a breeder that claimed to breed "miniature" bulldogs, but at ~68 lbs, we have stopped claiming that he is in any way a miniature.
    What a great lookin' dude!! Chubbs. nice.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    With regard to holiday cookies, gingerbread, sugar cookies, other? Frosting, sprinkles, other, none/all of the above?
    Yes, Yes, Yes - rum balls, jam prints or date wheels. Frosting is a must on sugar cookies, with sprinkles is better but not necessary; slight frosting on gingerbread men, no sprinkles; none on the other types.

Also a must - one of the following: fudge; caramel; peanut brittle; homemade peppermint candy or peppermint bark.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBen02 View Post
    Am I wrong in thinking Patrick Swayze would be fun as Lion-O?
    Wow, that might just be the only person who could pull Lion-O off...

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Cool Gingerbread house!

Now on to something important. Who here likes fruitcake?

Do people actually eat these things?
    I only eat my own.... wow that sounds dirty.

On the Swedish Lutheran side of my family, we make glögg, a fortified mulled wine (somewhat like the German gluhwein). It's made with port wine, vodka or grain alcohol, raisins, prunes (ahem - dried plums), almonds, oranges, lemons, cloves, cinnamon, and cardamom.

Anyway glögg rocks - it's awesome on Christmas eve when you come back from church (and frankly any other time). What we do though is after it cooks with all the fruits and spices, you strain it before you serve it. But save the fruits and spices! We use them to make a homemade - highly fortified - glögg-cake. It frickin rocks.

Oh and it also keeps you regular.

My au bon hammer is gonna bring the au bon pain.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    I only eat my own.... wow that sounds dirty.

On the Swedish Lutheran side of my family, we make glögg, a fortified mulled wine (somewhat like the German gluhwein). It's made with port wine, vodka or grain alcohol, raisins, prunes (ahem - dried plums), almonds, oranges, lemons, cloves, cinnamon, and cardamom.

Anyway glögg rocks - it's awesome on Christmas eve when you come back from church (and frankly any other time). What we do though is after it cooks with all the fruits and spices, you strain it before you serve it. But save the fruits and spices! We use them to make a homemade - highly fortified - glögg-cake. It frickin rocks.

Oh and it also keeps you regular.
    Sounds awesome!

How about Eggnog?

Anybody like it?
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Today is the Winter Solstice. Tomorrow night I'm having a Winter Solstice Dessert Open House party. I know, I'm a day off, but hey, Saturday works better for most people to come to a holiday party doesn't it? All this talk of dessert reminds me that I need to get baking.

Not so random thought of the day: (I've actually thought about this one quite often.) Jon Stewart once commented that moderates never take to the streets shouting "Be Reasonable!". I've always thought it sounded like a good idea. I'd take to the streets and shout "Be Reasonable!" if I thought it would help, well, I'd buy the t-shirt anyway.

I was going to edit my last post to add a comment but then I realized that would defeat the point of this thread.

I enjoy a good mug of eggnog about once a year. It's kind of like how I eat one, and only one, Peep each Easter.

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Sounds awesome!

How about Eggnog?

Anybody like it?
    Eggnog is fantastic. I made my own from scratch a few weeks ago and I was very happy with the final product: it was creamy, frothy, and had a great bourbon flavor (I used Jim Beam Black, which I have recently discovered and am quite fond of as a moderately-priced bourbon)

We have zoomed past Britney's sister, let's take down the steroids next!

Anybody like marzipan? I put it in the same category as Peeps, I have one or two pieces every holiday season and I'm good for another year, but I'd miss it if I didn't have the two pieces.

Egg Nog Rules!

I make egg nog from scratch for Christmas Eve. It is affectionately called a heart attack in a cup.

I use a Myer's Rum recipe - but only Southern Comfort will do to add the nog.

no egg nog for me eeew

mmmm peeps. did you know if you put them in the microwave they grow huge? (they then shrink back down to normal size.)

as for holiday cookies - anyone else have the ones that looked like little wreaths? they were made of cornflakes with some green goop on them (I think the recipe is similar to rice krispie bars) and then you laid it out in a circle and added some red hots for decoration. very yummy. and very fun.