Page 398 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 2983483883963973983994004084484988981398 ... LastLast
Results 7,941 to 7,960 of 67397
    Haha, you had a run going...

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post

However, I want more details about Ozzie's trip to Harold's.
    What more details could you possibly want? We went, we ate, and we left stuffed!

Oh, the Brian in the picture is BDBD.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    What more details could you possibly want? We went, we ate, and we left stuffed!

Oh, the Brian in the picture is BDBD.
    I think he wanted to read we ate, and ate, and ate, and...

What more details could you possibly want? We went, we ate, and we left stuffed!.
    How were the matzah balls?

How were the matzah balls?
    I didn't have them. I concentrated on the pastrami. Someone else ordered the soup.

9F 9F 9F

Wow, a posting frenzy at the devildeac household this evening. Now, if only we could get ILJ involved and my wife and children...

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Yes, Chloe is flying.

It should be a low key trip, which is fine w/ me. But it's supposed to snow.
    Heh quoting myself again...

Anyway... low key, yeah right. Not so much. What a freaking day.

Lots fo snow? Or intra-family drama? Chicago apparently had a pretty rough ice storm last night...a long way from Vegas but.

Lavabe's still asleep. Must have been a rough night with the puppy. Hope I don't awaken him with my heavy breathing, err, posting...

Or perhaps it was all the extra hops he had last evening...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Lavabe's still asleep. Must have been a rough night with the puppy. Hope I don't awaken him with my heavy breathing, err, posting...

Or perhaps it was all the extra hops he had last evening...
    An Avery Quadrupel followed by an Avery Maharaja...

... that would explain everything.

PWWI... it's a disease.

Smile

I didn't have them. I concentrated on the pastrami. Someone else ordered the soup.
    Harold's is known for it's Jewish fare OTHER than its pastrami. Kasha, yes. Brisket, yes. Knish, yes. Health salad, yes. Breads, yes.

Harold's is known for it's Jewish fare OTHER than its pastrami. Kasha, yes. Brisket, yes. Knish, yes. Health salad, yes. Breads, yes.
    Poor me. I'd never heard of it before going there. I didn't know.

9F 9F 9F

Poor me. I'd never heard of it before going there. I didn't know.
    IIRC, I could swear I saw a FoodNetwork show in which they showed that Carnegie's pastrami sandwich.

Don't look now, but Ymo has nearly 1000 posts-just on this thread. Impressive. Now his challenge will be what to do for #1000 here.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Lots fo snow? Or intra-family drama? Chicago apparently had a pretty rough ice storm last night...a long way from Vegas but.
    Ok here's my whiny story:

Took the cat w/ me to Vegas. Packed up and drove to Long Beach airport around 10:45am.

Got to the gate around 11:45am. Flight was supposed to be at 1:21pm.

We start boarding around 1:40. Push back & taxi out. Stop on a runway (not taking off but still taxiing). Missed our window, have to wait an hour & 20 min. Wait 25 min or so. Go to move out of the way and one of the engines redlines. Now we have a maintenance problem.

Back to the gate area where we sit for 30 min while they look @ it. Get a non-update update. Wait 45 more minutes. Get a lovely call from Jet Blue's automated service saying we took off on time. Really? 5 min later find out we're changing planes.

Go into the terminal and wait for 20 min. Get another automated call that we've landed. Really? Get on a new plane. Taxi out. Shut engines down. Missed our window AGAIN. Wait was supposed to be 1 hr 20 min again but got it reduced to 44 min. After about 25 min we find out there's a nasty thunderstorm w/ 40 mph winds that shut McCarran down. Sit for another hour.

Finally take off. HORRIBLE flight. People getting sick (not me but close). Cat starting to freak out.

Finally land. Took 5 min to get my bag (thank goodness something went ok).

Glad to have finally landed, especially considering all the flight cancellations over the past week. Now I'm in Vegas, had latkes and matzo ball soup last night, and Chloe is hissing at my parents. All is well.

Ok here's my whiny story:

Took the cat w/ me to Vegas. Cat starting to freak out.
    Sue, did you have the cat with you in the passenger cabin? I certainly hope not - I'm extremely allergic to cats (I don't hate them, I just can't be around them) and I'd hate to think an airline would allow one to travel in the passenger cabin, where cat dander will linger forever.

Glad you made it safely to Vegas. Have an adventure you won't tell anyone (but us!) about

9F 9F 9F

Wow, that is rough trip...my cats have never traveled. Not sure how they would do.

Jet Blue
    You are one brave woman. There are some airlines I won't fly. This is one of them.

I will pray for your safe return.

Sue, did you have the cat with you in the passenger cabin? I certainly hope not - I'm extremely allergic to cats (I don't hate them, I just can't be around them) and I'd hate to think an airline would allow one to travel in the passenger cabin, where cat dander will linger forever.

Glad you made it safely to Vegas. Have an adventure you won't tell anyone (but us!) about
    Yes. I paid for her to travel. She stays in her case and occasionally will pop her head out but that's it. She goes under the seat in front or between my feet.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Wow, that is rough trip...my cats have never traveled. Not sure how they would do.
    She normally travels very well. The first few trips I drugged her- the vet said he could prescribe something or just get plain old Benadryl and give her the equivalent mg to her size (ie 7 lbs gets 7 mgs, etc). I found that to be a bit much (through experience w/ her) so I'd whittled it down to about a 1/4 pill. Getting her to take it was NOT fun. More like force her mouth open and drop it down her throat and hope she keep it down. Then it takes a day or two to completely wear off.

Last few trips I haven't drugged her. This trip, hindsight being what it is, I probably should have. She did really, really well, considering everything. Now she just hates me.