Page 393 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 2933433833913923933943954034434938931393 ... LastLast
Results 7,841 to 7,860 of 67371
    My cats and I walked around the apartment...

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    I know... I risk one of throaty's sermons about it not really being cold outside, but I just got done taking the dog out at 630AM, and it was 2 degrees outside, with -11 wind chill.

Umm... it's cold.

Brrr cheers,
    Lavabe
    I think that's pretty close to what it is her. Brrr doesn't even begin to cover it, but it's a good start.

Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Festive Festivus, ...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    My cats and I walked around the apartment...
    That's a good option on a day like today.

I know... I risk one of throaty's sermons about it not really being cold outside, but I just got done taking the dog out at 630AM, and it was 2 degrees outside, with -11 wind chill.

Umm... it's cold.

Brrr cheers,
    Lavabe
    That qualifies as being cold ... anywhere! Reminds me of being in Minneapolis last February. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Smile

The good thing about the cold weather is that it makes the morning hot beverage SO much better.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Ozzie, glad you made it back to NC safely.

I owe a huge thanks to Devildeac. He returned a call to me last night, though we talked about talking tonight, BEFORE he ate is sammich. That is a true friend for you.

THANK YOU DEVILDEAC

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Ozzie, glad you made it back to NC safely.

I owe a huge thanks to Devildeac. He returned a call to me last night, though we talked about talking tonight, BEFORE he ate is sammich. That is a true friend for you.

THANK YOU DEVILDEAC
    You are quite welcome. And a big tip of the Blue Devil cap to you too for the enclosure with your Christmas cat card!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    You are quite welcome. And a big tip of the Blue Devil cap to you too for the enclosure with your Christmas cat card!
    You are quite welcome too. Glad it will be used since I can't use it.
    Last edited by TillyGalore; 12-22-2008 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Tilly forgot her manners.

Question What's with the new thingee on the DBR?

Ooh, a new feature on the DBR boards:

The NEW thingee

Yes, a little sign saying that something new's been posted on a thread.

Seems like that might get a bit of a workout on the LTE as we hit new milestones.

The NEW thingee

Seems like that might get a bit of a workout on the LTE as we hit new milestones.
    I saw that too! I think I like it.

When are you going to post pics of Georgia?

The NEW thingee

What new thingee? If there are posts I haven't read, the thread is bolder blue than those that I have read everything, and there is a button to take me to the first unread post. It's always been that way. What's new?

9F 9F 9F

Smile

When LL downloads the images onto my computer.

In the meantime, I'll just have to live with a recently arrived image of three cats, including one named Moneypenny. Very cute, Tilly!! Thank you.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    What new thingee? If there are posts I haven't read, the thread is bolder blue than those that I have read everything, and there is a button to take me to the first unread post. It's always been that way. What's new?
    I had the bolder part, but never had the button.

Oh, this is weird!!

Yummmmmmmm. I just finished the other half of yesterday's "traveling" pastrami sandwich. I can feel the cholesterol coursing through my blood and attaching itself to my arteries! Good thing I know a good cardiologist who will understand my plight!

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but . . .

We had a foot of snow Friday thru Saturday morning. I plowed and shoveled Saturday afternoon and got everything cleaned up. Then it snowed a few more inches today and topped it off with some crusty ice. Looks like I'll be plowing again Monday morning.
    My son flew to NC from CA yesterday. He called me in the afternoon and when I asked him where he was, he said, "I'm in Misery."

"Misery?" I asked?

"Yes," he said, "St. Louis, MISERY. It's COLD."

I told him to bring warm clothes to NC, and true to form, he arrived wearing his warmest piece of clothing--a hoodie sweatshirt, a T-shirt and jeans.

When LL downloads the images onto my computer.

In the meantime, I'll just have to live with a recently arrived image of three cats, including one named Moneypenny. Very cute, Tilly!! Thank you.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I figured you would enjoy the pics, and ILJ would not have a violent allergic reaction.

Yummmmmmmm. I just finished the other half of yesterday's "traveling" pastrami sandwich. I can feel the cholesterol coursing through my blood and attaching itself to my arteries! Good thing I know a good cardiologist who will understand my plight!
    I am so craving a pastrami sammich. I'll get one in the cafe for lunch today. I have no illusions that it will be anywhere near as good as yours.

You called?

You can reach me anytime @ 1-800-468-2568 (that's 1-800-GOT-CLOT)

(jk folks with the phone # or commercial announcement)

Smile

I will post them when I find the "Dog gone it" thread.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    My son flew to NC from CA yesterday. He called me in the afternoon and when I asked him where he was, he said, "I'm in Misery."

"Misery?" I asked?

"Yes," he said, "St. Louis, MISERY. It's COLD."

I told him to bring warm clothes to NC, and true to form, he arrived wearing his warmest piece of clothing--a hoodie sweatshirt, a T-shirt and jeans.
    LOL. If left to their own devices, the young Turks would leave the house in the same clothes whether the temperature was 8 degrees or 80. Single digits this AM in PA, so they grudgingly conceded that a hat and gloves might NOT be a bad idea...

BTW, I have to admit I crank out one of those "brag-n-gag" letters, as you so artfully called them about 500 posts ago... Mine are more "mock and defrock", as I tend to emphasize the more bizarre Turk incidents of the past year. My goal (rarely achieved) is a mix of "News of the Weird" and Letterman-esque sarcasm...

(This worked better before the young Turks could read - now they think they get to edit...)