Page 374 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 2743243643723733743753763844244748741374 ... LastLast
Results 7,461 to 7,480 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    Adding my safe travel wishes and good vibes for a win over Xavier. My parents and nephew are joining Ozzie at the game. Wish I could be there, but I just can't get away from work. Dang it to hell.

I spoke with my nephew last night (11 years old) and he wasn't sure he would be able to sleep last night because he's so psyched for the game and his first NY trip.
    GO DUKE!!!
    I'm hoping to bring the young Turks on the train ride to Cameron Square Garden for the St John's game.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Well folks, I'm on may to Charlotte through Chicago O'Hare. Wish me luck! I'll be online every now and then, but the times I'm not, I'll miss y'all. Have a Merry Christmas, Happy Channukah, Holidays and all that good stuff.
    "I do not envy you the headache you will have when you wake up. But until then, sleep soundly and dream of large women..."

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Moment of Mom brilliance. I was watching SportsCenter with the boys, well, some of them, and they show the last second shot by Cleveland State to beat Syracuse. I said, "Cleveland State, they were a March Madness Cinderella team sometime in the '80s, they made the Sweet Sixteen." Next highlights shown by ESPN? Cleveland State from the 1986 tournament, the first 14 seed to make the Sweet Sixteen. Yes, they were properly impressed.
    That's great! Moms know everything, and they have eyes in the back of their heads. Kids must never forget that...

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Is it in Bergen County?

Crap. Everything about this day reminds me of my ex-husband.
    Sorry to hear that, CCA. Find some palmetto bugs and take it out on them. Be especially vicious as you grind them into the pavement with your heel...

Wasn't there a song called "Everything Reminds Me of My Dog?" Lavabe might be interested in it...

OK, I'm starting to run out of replies or things to say and I need to pass the baton. I can't in good conscience post a word at a time, sorry folks...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    He did make it, with no major travel issues - I probably worried too much, but what else could I do but worry?

Send some of that warm air a couple hours north, please! You can keep the arctic cold, tho....
    Glad to hear he arrived safely.

I think you are sending the arctic cold south to us - can't you send it back to the north whence it came?

Oh one other thought - any of the vball players stay up to watch the women's final four last night? Penn State vs Stanford on Saturday in the finals.

Penn St almost pulled a 1991 UNLV - they were undefeated. They went up 2-0 on Nebraska. Nebraska won the next two games to even the match and took a lead in the 5th game before Penn State stepped it up a notch.

Mrs Turk stayed up late to watch it and was in a foul mood when the alarm went off this AM...

Well, looks like I got 7 posts in a row before DIK terminated my streak with extreme prejudice with a post about the WEATHER... (yawn...)

"Thank you very much. Why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?!?"

I hope she is not trying to become my arch-nemesis. I have enough of those as it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Sorry to hear that, CCA. Find some palmetto bugs and take it out on them. Be especially vicious as you grind them into the pavement with your heel...

Wasn't there a song called "Everything Reminds Me of My Dog?" Lavabe might be interested in it...
    Thank you, Turk.

It's my (failed) wedding anniversary. It's also the anniversary of my dad's death.

Just sort of a crappy day all around. . .

Well, looks like I got 7 posts in a row before DIK terminated my streak with extreme prejudice with a post about the WEATHER... (yawn...)

"Thank you very much. Why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?!?"

I hope she is not trying to become my arch-nemesis. I have enough of those as it is...
    I'm not sure how to be an arch-nemesis. Can I take lessons somewhere?

Thank you, Turk.

It's my (failed) wedding anniversary. It's also the anniversary of my dad's death.

I'm sorry to hear you are having a crappy day. Find a piece of obnoxious light blue - you know the color I'm talking about - and rip it into shreds. It might help.

Thank you, Turk.

I'm sorry you're having a crappy day. I can say all kinds of things hoping you'll feel better, but you probably won't. So, if you want to chat, call me!

Red face

Is it in Bergen County?

Crap. Everything about this day reminds me of my ex-husband.
    East Rutherford = Bergen County
    Secaucus <> Bergen County

Sorry for the reminder; on the other hand, it is MY native county.

In an attempt to find good things that happened today, I found this on infoplease.com:

December 19

1732: Benjamin Franklin began publishing Poor Richard's Almanac.

1776: Thomas Paine published his first American Crisis essay, in which he wrote, "These are the times that try men's souls."

1843: Charles Dickens published "A Christmas Carol."

1946: War broke out in Indochina when Ho Chi Minh attacked the French.

1972: Apollo 17 splashed down in the Pacific, ending the Apollo program of manned lunar landings.

1984: Britain and China signed an accord returning Hong Kong to Chinese sovereignty on July 1, 1997.

1998: President Bill Clinton impeached on two counts by the House of Representatives.

2003: Muammar al-Qaddafi of Libya announced that his country would discontinue development of weapons of mass destruction.

Hmmm... mixed bag there. Funny enough, here was today's word quiz:

Young Turk

"Those kids are a bunch of Young Turks," grumbled the teacher. He was referring to students who were

a.) annoying little ankle biters who refused to settle down.

b.) impatient reformists who expected their old curmudgeon of a teacher adopt new ways, and to do it NOW.

c.) unfamiliar with study habits and research methods.

Wait a minute, I have to choose ONE?!? Where is "d.) All of the Above" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    East Rutherford = Bergen County
    Secaucus <> Bergen County

Sorry for the reminder; on the other hand, it is MY native county.
    My ex is from Ridgewood. What's your hometown?

I've driven through New Jersey...

I dated a nice Jewish boy from Bergen County. He, BTW, is the former boyfriend who was a Hole. Thus, the first time we broke up, I became a Duke fan.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I've driven through New Jersey...
    Droll little John Gorka song: "I'm From New Jersey"

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm not sure how to be an arch-nemesis. Can I take lessons somewhere?
    You have to watch lots of re-runs of Batman and Speed Racer.

Droll little John Gorka song: "I'm From New Jersey"

Hmmm...I'm from Hawaii