Page 3405 of 3418 FirstFirst ... 24052905330533553395340334043405340634073415 ... LastLast
Results 68,081 to 68,100 of 68345
  1. #68081
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I saw them quite a bit growing up in Surry County. But my girlfriend was flabbergasted at seeing a flock when I was living there.
    And So your love affair with turkey began...

  2. #68082
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Driving home after three days in Charlottesville.

  3. #68083
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Big hike yesterday.

    Brisket on the smoker now, jalapeño poppers made and ready. Son coming home for a day or two.

    Life is good.

  4. #68084
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    great six mile walk, but it's black fly week. Ouch.

  5. #68085
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    great six mile walk, but it's black fly week. Ouch.
    At least you got out! Six miles is a good morning.

  6. #68086
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Driving home after three days in Charlottesville.
    There are good people on both sides there.

  7. #68087
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    There are good people on both sides there.
    good one. Maybe the best one ever, that's what people say...

  8. #68088
    College baseball afternoon.

  9. #68089
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    College baseball afternoon.
    I went and played basketball again. Watching Duke now. LSU after.

  10. #68090
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    LSU after.
    Hoping they beat the Chuggers who edged Vandy last night, 6-4.

  11. #68091
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    There are good people on both sides there.
    Those are my in-laws you’re talking about!

  12. #68092
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Those are my in-laws you’re talking about!
    My in-laws are outlaws too.

  13. #68093
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Santa Cruz CA
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    My in-laws are outlaws too.
    We do not speak of my in-laws (i.e. the wifes brothers) , unless we have been drinking a lot.
    My future DIL has a brother that she will not name in our presence. Fortunately, she is a wonderful human being.

  14. #68094
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    We do not speak of my in-laws (i.e. the wifes brothers) , unless we have been drinking a lot.
    My future DIL has a brother that she will not name in our presence. Fortunately, she is a wonderful human being.
    As my mother so eloquently stated a few years ago: "Unfortunately, we've all got family."

  15. #68095
    Memorial Day 2024 will be mulch, cleaning parts of the house, and a steak and drink in honor of a fallen soldier.

  16. #68096
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont

    war against truck driver stupidity

    https://vtdigger.org/2024/05/26/barr...ed-right-away/

    The battle continues. No matter how many signs are erected in however many languages, truck drivers continue to drive to a place where they can't fit...they've now blocked off the left lane in (another) effort to make this work

  17. #68097
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Bad weather Memorial Day a comin’ for the mid-Atlantic.

  18. #68098
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Bad weather Memorial Day a comin’ for the mid-Atlantic.
    Middle Tennessee was braced for it yesterday (high risk of tornados), and the storm did cause significant flooding in the north part of the state ... but in our neck of the woods, it was blessedly less than advertised. The weather dude attributed it to the storm creating its own "mini cold front" (or something like that), which helped cool the air ahead of the storm just enough to limit the violence of the storm. I'm sure I don't have that quite right, but close enough. I hope the coastal regions come through it OK today.

  19. #68099
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    https://vtdigger.org/2024/05/26/barr...ed-right-away/

    The battle continues. No matter how many signs are erected in however many languages, truck drivers continue to drive to a place where they can't fit...they've now blocked off the left lane in (another) effort to make this work
    In Boston, to storrow is verb. Last September's move in season produced two trucks storrowing in one hour. A big part of the problem in Boston though is people driving rented moving vans/trucks that forget they aren't in a car as they drive under the CARS ONLY sign only to hit the underside of the bridge a few minutes later.

  20. #68100
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    IA big part of the problem in Boston though is people driving rented moving vans/trucks that forget they aren't in a car as they drive under the CARS ONLY sign only to hit the underside of the bridge a few minutes later.
    I wish I had saved the link to the video of the Durham example of this, the railroad overpass on Gregson St (if I remember correctly) near Brightleaf.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •