Page 3387 of 3403 FirstFirst ... 23872887328733373377338533863387338833893397 ... LastLast
Results 67,721 to 67,740 of 68050
  1. #67721
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Should we move this to the punchable offense thread?
    that came to mind but I am not a puncher. But I can rant and taunt quite well and I promise you I would have intervened in a rather unpleasant manner. And what's with the dolts making a video of this without protesting???

  2. #67722
    Season to taste...if I knew how much to use I wouldn't be consulting the recipe.

  3. #67723
    Do you toast your couscous?

  4. #67724
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Season to taste...
    I always go with “spring”

  5. #67725
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Season to taste...if I knew how much to use I wouldn't be consulting the recipe.
    I actually prefer this instruction and usually go by my own taste if I think it's too much of something. Especially salt. If I'm not baking, I am likely to cut back on any salt amounts. Garlic, too, which I have already been skewered over in another thread.

  6. #67726
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I actually prefer this instruction and usually go by my own taste if I think it's too much of something. Especially salt. If I'm not baking, I am likely to cut back on any salt amounts. Garlic, too, which I have already been skewered over in another thread.
    We are a lower salt, higher garlic family. Although we split significantly on adding heat to a dish (so I use a lot of hot sauce on the prepared food instead of cooking the heat in).

  7. #67727
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Dur'm
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I always go with “spring”
    I've been using "fall" lately, but it's so messy.

  8. #67728
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    We are a lower salt, higher garlic family. Although we split significantly on adding heat to a dish (so I use a lot of hot sauce on the prepared food instead of cooking the heat in).
    This is a pretty good segue into my current situation. If you are familiar with the show Hot Ones, we got the latest set and did our own 10 wing challenge last weekend. For fun I put some “Last Dab” on my dinner last night and am paying for it this morning…

  9. #67729
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Do you toast your couscous?
    Yes, usually with a nice Chardonnay.

  10. #67730
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    This is a pretty good segue into my current situation. If you are familiar with the show Hot Ones, we got the latest set and did our own 10 wing challenge last weekend. For fun I put some “Last Dab” on my dinner last night and am paying for it this morning…
    Hot Ones is the best show on the interwebs.

    I have a bottle of Last Dab XX or some version. I use it … sparingly.

    How was Da Bomb?

  11. #67731
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Hot Ones is the best show on the interwebs.

    I have a bottle of Last Dab XX or some version. I use it … sparingly.

    How was Da Bomb?
    Agreed on the show- so glad one of my son’s favorite influencers referenced the show and I checked it out!This set has Da Bomb Evolution (not Beyond Insanity) but it was definitely the hottest one- my whole mouth was on fire and my eyes watered a little but nothing like what you see on the show from some people. Proud to say I made it through without drinking any liquid.

  12. #67732
    I have to admit that I have never understood why intense pain is a desirable side-effect of dining. I like a moderate zing with my food ... but I don't get (1) why the hotter, the better, and (2) why it is fun to watch others contort in pain.

    I don't like slasher movies either.

  13. #67733
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Santa Cruz CA
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I actually prefer this instruction and usually go by my own taste if I think it's too much of something. Especially salt. If I'm not baking, I am likely to cut back on any salt amounts. Garlic, too, which I have already been skewered over in another thread.
    On certain recipes, having this instruction can mess me up as without any measure being listed, I sometimes just forget the salt. I tend to mostly follow recipes by the list of ingredients more than the verbiage.

  14. #67734
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    On certain recipes, having this instruction can mess me up as without any measure being listed, I sometimes just forget the salt. I tend to mostly follow recipes by the list of ingredients more than the verbiage.
    My pie crust is better than yours. ;-)

  15. #67735
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Santa Cruz CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    My pie crust is better than yours. ;-)
    Not if you're not using lard.

  16. #67736
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Czech please?
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    No longer Hungary?

    -jk
    Heading that way. Will report back.

  17. #67737
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Make it two, please!
    Three!

  18. #67738
    And I guess that's why they call it the blues...

  19. #67739
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Are we still doing açaí bowls?

  20. #67740
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Are we still doing açaí bowls?
    Not sure, but I did toast my couscous.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •