Page 3384 of 3403 FirstFirst ... 23842884328433343374338233833384338533863394 ... LastLast
Results 67,661 to 67,680 of 68049
  1. #67661
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    And now, another day started.
    Better than the alternative!

  2. #67662
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    drove to New Hamster and back, had to go some day this week, went due to the decent weather forecast, so it rained the whole way there and back.

  3. #67663
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    drove to New Hamster and back, had to go some day this week, went due to the decent weather forecast, so it rained the whole way there and back.
    Bet your old hamster is jealous. And somewhere, Dicky Gere is even more jealous.

  4. #67664
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Bet your old hamster is jealous. And somewhere, Dicky Gere is even more jealous.
    Cindy and I got a good laugh out of that!

  5. #67665
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Cindy and I got a good laugh out of that!
    Well played!

  6. #67666
    I read a quote yesterday talking about college athletics. It was by a Dr. Miller and it discussed college athletics as being the front porch to the university. It also discussed how the front porch was becoming separated from the rest of the house. And while it may be better basketball, if those on the front porch lose their connection with the rest of the house, due to short tenure, not attending classes, graduating, etc. they lose legitimacy. One thing pointed to is declining student sections at games. (But likely also a money grab by athletic departments).

    It was much better written than I've done here, but it really resonated.

  7. #67667
    Wiener schnitzel tonight for dinner. German gentleman here in town with a food truck. Two thumbs up, would recommend.

  8. #67668
    Honestly, I don't know early to mid 90s rap very well.

  9. #67669
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Wiener schnitzel tonight for dinner. German gentleman here in town with a food truck. Two thumbs up, would recommend.
    just spent a week in Germany, the major highlight being a major sausage and Kolsch fest in Cologne...we happened to choose a nice looking restaurant, and happily it quickly filled up with locals...at the table next to us 22 woman came in together...I asked our waitress if they would mostly eat sausages and drink beer, and she said of course. And they did. Most impressive...a pal and I enjoyed the half meter wurst, very memorable, authentic meal...not another tourist to be seen I'm happy to say.

  10. #67670
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Dur'm
    I just used the ignore list for only the second time ever. Too much football trolling for me.

  11. #67671
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    just spent a week in Germany, the major highlight being a major sausage and Kolsch fest in Cologne...we happened to choose a nice looking restaurant, and happily it quickly filled up with locals...at the table next to us 22 woman came in together...I asked our waitress if they would mostly eat sausages and drink beer, and she said of course. And they did. Most impressive...a pal and I enjoyed the half meter wurst, very memorable, authentic meal...not another tourist to be seen I'm happy to say.
    Fantastic! Glad you had a great time!

  12. #67672
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Honestly, I don't know early to mid 90s rap very well.
    I know it quite well.

  13. #67673
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I just used the ignore list for only the second time ever. Too much football trolling for me.
    Grabbing my popcorn and heading over to that threadů

  14. #67674
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    just spent a week in Germany, the major highlight being a major sausage and Kolsch fest in Cologne...we happened to choose a nice looking restaurant, and happily it quickly filled up with locals...at the table next to us 22 woman came in together...I asked our waitress if they would mostly eat sausages and drink beer, and she said of course. And they did. Most impressive...a pal and I enjoyed the half meter wurst, very memorable, authentic meal...not another tourist to be seen I'm happy to say.
    My son and I climbed up the steps of the Cologne Cathedral. I’ve never been so winded.

    IMG_0880.jpg

    IMG_0908.jpg

  15. #67675
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    ^ well done...said to have been, at one point, the tallest building in the world, though the Yerpeens throw out all kinds of stats. But a very impressive place to climb...(just "confirmed" that it was said to be the tallest until 1874 when Dave Rubenstein's Washington Monument unseated it).

  16. #67676
    Oof. This is a rough day on DBR. I might take the rest of the week off.

  17. #67677
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Oof. This is a rough day on DBR. I might take the rest of the week off.
    One thread is at the bargaining stage of grief.
    Que sera, sera.

  18. #67678
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Oof. This is a rough day on DBR. I might take the rest of the week off.
    It was a bad week for me to come back from vacation.

  19. #67679
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    It was a bad week for me to come back from vacation.

  20. #67680
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    just spent a week in Germany, the major highlight being a major sausage and Kolsch fest in Cologne...we happened to choose a nice looking restaurant, and happily it quickly filled up with locals...at the table next to us 22 woman came in together...I asked our waitress if they would mostly eat sausages and drink beer, and she said of course. And they did. Most impressive...a pal and I enjoyed the half meter wurst, very memorable, authentic meal...not another tourist to be seen I'm happy to say.
    There was a lot of German migration here to central Texas, many towns like Shiner, Schulenberg, and New Braunfels. And roads like Wurzbach, Dietrich, and Eisenhauer. Funny thing is the best non-Tex-Mex restaurants here are Brazilian.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •