Page 338 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 2382883283363373383393403483884388381338 ... LastLast
Results 6,741 to 6,760 of 67377
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    I had to clean my mother's oven right after T'giving. Apparently, she hadn't cleaned it since she moved in. During T'giving, we were forced to stop cooking things because of the smoke coming from the oven. The stuff was THAT caked on.

Easy Off worked in that oven. A REAL pain in the neck.

What does one use with microwaves?
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Nuke a bowl of water and vinegar for about 5 minutes. Dip a sponge in the water/vinegar mixture and wipe down the walls of the microwave.

Be sure to wear rubber gloves because the water will burn your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Nuke a bowl of water and vinegar for about 5 minutes. Dip a sponge in the water/vinegar mixture and wipe down the walls of the microwave.

Be sure to wear rubber gloves because the water will burn your hands.
    I always wear rubber gloves when working with anything liquid. Keeps my hands looking youthful.

Where are my manners? CathyCA, thank you for the tip. Will do that when I clean my microwave.

What does one use with microwaves?
    I am particularly anal about covering things in the microwave just so I don't have to clean it much. I actually don't use my microwave nearly as much as I used to.

BUT, I once bought a microwave cleaner product that you nuked, then just wiped everything away. I thought it was by Mr Clean, but I couldn't find it just now when I googled it. Maybe they don't make them anymore, especially since you can do the same thing with vinegar and water.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    At the risk of allowing Hellman's to tie Duke's... here's a link to a poll on Mayo. See all the fun you missed?
    Yep, I missed it. We have a tie mayo ballgame. BTW, in one of the many chapters of my deprived childhood, Momma Turk always economized on mayo and stock up on store brand "salad dressing" whenever on sale. That stuff was truly nasty, like putting Crisco or drywall spackle on a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Well, it's a burger not beef carpaccio so adjust your expectations accordingly. I can envision a lot of people over-hyping In-n-Out so I more than understand your point. But In-n-Out is not just about the end result, it's about a whole lot more. There are only three things on the menu, (Hamburger, Cheeseburger, Double-Double), you can only get fries (no onion rings or chili, or side salad, etc.), you get a drink or milk shake and that's it, unless you want to order something off the "secret menu". You can also choose if the onions are grilled or not. Personally, I like a double-double, grilled onions with Animal Fries.

The service is almost always phenomenal and if you feel like sitting in the drive through for 30 minutes you can watch them prepping and cooking (in some places).

It really is one of the best burgers I've had from a fast food chain, but if you only focus on the food you're missing out. I will miss In-n-Out when I move back to NC, but not as much as I've missed Bojangles.
    Sounds very similar to Five Guys in the DC - Philly corridor. In addition to burgers, they offer dogs, grilled cheese, and veggie burgers. They have help-yourself unshelled peanuts while you wait, but no shakes.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I need to do mine. Any tips for cleaning it?
    Multi-Surface Windex worked better than OxyPower Fantastik. A lot better.

In-N-Out vs. Vortex: who wins, Wilson?
    They're completely different. In-N-Out is more in the vein of Five Guys or another such order at the counter, help yourself kind of place. The Vortex is nice because you get a waiter. And beer.
    And as I've said ad nauseam, the best burger in the world is at Wimpy's in Durham. Ann's Snack Bar here in Atlanta is darn good too.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    The grits casserole is now in the recipe thread. And just in case I still need to prove myself to wilson, the original recipe calls for Velveeta! (I'm not going to tell you not to use Velveeta but . . . there are a couple of things I did leave behind when I moved north.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    The grits casserole is now in the recipe thread. And just in case I still need to prove myself to wilson, the original recipe calls for Velveeta! (I'm not going to tell you not to use Velveeta but . . . there are a couple of things I did leave behind when I moved north.
    Thanks for finding and posting the recipe, BD. I will try this casserple soon. Can it be made ahead of time?

Hey - you're Chris Duhon!

Is everyone napping today?

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Is everyone napping today?
    I am not...I am nerding. But it's ok, because if things continue to go well this afternoon/evening, I'll go to bed tonight with two down and one to go.
    Plus, tonight at my house will be one of the greatest occurrences in all the calendar year...CHRISTMAS TREE TIME!!!

Just stopping by for a visit. No cleaning or any more burger suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Just stopping by for a visit. No cleaning or any more burger suggestions.
    Nice to see you here.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Nice to see you here.
    Thanks! I guess I've had a few posts on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Thanks! I guess I've had a few posts on this thread.

And a few more elsewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    And a few more elsewhere...
    Spoken like a sage LTE leader.

I have 845 posts in this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I have 845 posts in this thread...
    The undisputed leader...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Thanks for finding and posting the recipe, BD. I will try this casserple soon. Can it be made ahead of time?

Hey - you're Chris Duhon!
    To be honest, I don't know. It's certainly better warm but if you pop it back in the oven for a few minutes before you serve it, it will probably be OK.

I like my food warm, generally. Kind of quiet in here.