Page 332 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 2322823223303313323333343423824328321332 ... LastLast
Results 6,621 to 6,640 of 67370
    Contents of my fridge at about 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Ok this is 6367. 7500-6367=1133. So, that means we need 56-57 posts per day to reach our goal. We've fallen off the pace a bit. I'll blame it on Thanksgiving and too much turkey. Plus, I've slacked off myself.
    Why blame it on Thanksgiving? I'll blame it on Ymo...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    And I'll blame it on 'breen.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Contents of my fridge at about 11:30 AM.
    Pepsi water...gross.

Talking

And obviously Wilson will blame it on PepsiWater.

Speaking of empty fridges, that was a picture of my fridge from 1980 - 1988.

I remember a weekend a long time ago when Poppa Turk wanted to make a sammich, and all he found was four or five breadbags with nothing but the two ends of bread in each. He then went off on a positively righteous rant about not asking too much in life except a couple of mother fluffin pieces of bread every once in a while. As one of the chief offenders, I recall hiding under the cellar steps until the storm passed.

Fast forward the years til yesterday, and it's almost like deja vu all over again, with one interesting twist. The young Turks have been told there should only be one open bread bag, so they have gotten into the habit of opening the new bread, extracting slices from the middle, moving the old ends into the new bag, and throwing out the now-empty old bag. So I find myself looking into a bread bag half full with nothing but the ends. I woulda blistered somebody's giblets but I was laughing too hard.

What's the Bible verse about the sins of the children being revisited on the parents? I'm a bit rusty these days...

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Pepsi water...gross.
    My fridge around 10:00 PM. PepsiWater has been "upgraded", please note the obligatory "I just moved in and I don't feel like grocery shopping yet" burrito, cheese, and a bottle of the Fat Tire and 1554 Enlightened Black Ale.

My fridge around 10:00 PM. PepsiWater has been "upgraded", please note the obligatory "I just moved in and I don't feel like grocery shopping yet" burrito, cheese, and a bottle of the Fat Tire and 1554 Enlightened Black Ale.
    That looks like my 1988-1991 phase, only with Sam Adams for the beer (had enough of BudMillerCoors by then...)

So what's in the pantry? Tuna and PB?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Oh boy. You're telling me that my kids can get academic credit for blowing up Peeps in the microwave? How about designing a lab that includes cleaning up their rooms?
    I didn't know you could nuke Peeps either. I want to do some science too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    That looks like my 1988-1991 phase, only with Sam Adams for the beer (had enough of BudMillerCoors by then...)

So what's in the pantry? Tuna and PB?
    Pantry has a few things: tea, flour, baking soda, cooking oil, etc.; most of the basics that you can't easily get rid of before a move. Other than that, there are no food items. Oh, the freezer has left over turkey.

Pantry has a few things: tea, flour, baking soda, cooking oil, etc.; most of the basics that you can't easily get rid of before a move. Other than that, there are no food items. Oh, the freezer has left over turkey.
    So how did the move go? You mentioned you're an old hand at it - any surprises pleasant or otherwise? What do you think of the new digs?

Nice upgrade on the brews.

Smile Overstating the obvious

Wilson: you are now officially a grad student!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    So how did the move go? You mentioned you're an old hand at it - any surprises pleasant or otherwise? What do you think of the new digs?
    The move went smoothly, although it took a little longer than expected. I had 48 hours on the U-haul so we let a truck load sit overnight before cleaning out storage. We did discover the Forearm Forklift, which I highly recommend to anyone that has to move large objects. We lifted a solid oak chest of drawers, with all drawers full of clothes, and it felt like it weighed 30 lbs. at most.

New digs are sweet. Out in the country in San Marcos, on a hill nestled in a little valley, overlooking a horse park. It's gorgeous.

Nice upgrade on the brews.
    Yeah, the little country mart down the road has an amazing selection of beers. One of the guys that works there part time is a sales rep for a distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Oh boy. You're telling me that my kids can get academic credit for blowing up Peeps in the microwave? How about designing a lab that includes cleaning up their rooms?
    You can also melt a glass bottle in the microwave. You can microwave everything, except EarlJam.

Wilson, somehow you picked up a 5 post lead.

Yeah, the little country mart down the road has an amazing selection of beers. One of the guys that works there part time is a sales rep for a distributor.
    So you bought Fat Tire in NC?

Oatmeal

My oatmeal barfs in the microwave sometimes. I now keep an eye on it and hit the cancel button if it's about to blow. It settles down right away and then I restart if it needs more time.

I've started putting more stuff in the oatmeal: raisins, craisins, nuts, and honey. Very tasty!

Do you ever cook the steel cut oats? I bought some and then found out they take half an hour to cook. Who has that much time to cook oatmeal?