Page 33 of 2708 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543831335331033 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 54157
  1. #641
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    http://www.ted.com/

    TED: Ideas worth spreading
    TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design...they hold multiple conferences where interesting people share things on a myriad of subjects from political to completely random things. This one by David Gallo who is a stage designer.
    Thanks! just what I've been looking for...another nerdy website to spend time on.

  2. #642
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh

    longest thread

    [QUOTE=YmoBeThere;83302]For those of you who have any interest in marine wildlife,

    ...please contact Mr Alleva(see main board for aquatic reference ).

  3. #643
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Augustine, FL
    Congrats to tilly and billy for solving the mystery of 589 and snarfing up the scarves!

    Green Bay spotted the Seahawks 14 points, but they've just scored to close the gap. Looks like this one will be fun. Of course they're all just a warm up for the Giants versus Dallas. Go Giants!

    I might OD on sports this weekend with four football games, lots of ACC BBall, and the Virginia game tomorrow night.

  4. #644
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    I might OD on sports this weekend with four football games, lots of ACC BBall, and the Virginia game tomorrow night.
    No doubt! I may have to plan the rest of my weekend activities around being near/in front of a TV. (Though 10" of powder in the mountains is very tempting...)

  5. #645
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    I might OD on sports this weekend with four football games, lots of ACC BBall, and the Virginia game tomorrow night.
    First time in 3 years I am not in Vegas this weekend. You get the games early in the afternoon and then early evening which lets you 1) sleep in Saturday and Sunday and 2)stay out late Friday and Saturday and Sunday for that matter. I haven't been to Vegas for the Sweet Sixteen Thursday to Sunday, but I imagine it is similar.

  6. #646
    Barring something bizarre, looks like the Pats make it to 17-0.

  7. #647
    17-0, but I was nervous throughout. The Pats' defense is definitely porous, but as long as the offense is going to be so damn efficient, it's hard to beat them.

    Here's hoping San Diego somehow upsets Indy tomorrow, but I doubt it.

  8. #648
    In the interest of BTT without totally PWing, I'll add a little value (probably comedic) by picking today's NFL playoff games.

    Dallas by 16 over NY
    Indy by 21 over SD

    And one more prediction for good measure:
    Duke by 14 over UVA

    (Note: If we lose to UVA, I didn't say that.)

  9. #649
    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    And one more prediction for good measure:
    Duke by 14 over UVA

    (Note: If we lose to UVA, I didn't say that.)
    Hedging already???? For shame...

  10. #650
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Hedging already???? For shame...
    Not hedging. Just preempting the chorus of jinx and woof accusations.

  11. #651
    Okay...at least we are getting snow again tonight it appears. I have seen some estimates as high as 15". Wait, did I say at least we are getting snow? I better pull out the thermometer, I must be feverish.

  12. #652
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Okay...at least we are getting snow again tonight it appears. I have seen some estimates as high as 15". Wait, did I say at least we are getting snow? I better pull out the thermometer, I must be feverish.
    Can't wait! Unfortunately, my company is having our 2008 kick-off meeting downtown tomorrow morning. Getting downtown won't be super fun in the middle of a blizzard.

  13. #653
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Augustine, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    In the interest of BTT without totally PWing, I'll add a little value (probably comedic) by picking today's NFL playoff games.

    Dallas by 16 over NY
    Indy by 21 over SD

    And one more prediction for good measure:
    Duke by 14 over UVA

    (Note: If we lose to UVA, I didn't say that.)
    NY over Dallas by 7
    Indy over SD by 1
    Duke over UVA by 23

  14. #654
    SD keeping it surprisingly close at the half, down 10-7. Indy got a huge break at the end of the half with Cromartie's 97 yard interception return of Manning called off due to a block in the back.

    That would have been a _huge_ play.

  15. #655
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    SD keeping it surprisingly close at the half, down 10-7. Indy got a huge break at the end of the half with Cromartie's 97 yard interception return of Manning called off due to a block in the back.

    That would have been a _huge_ play.
    True. San Diego, however, got a similar break with Marvin Harrison's second-quarter, momentum-killing fumble. Until that point, it looked like Indy in a walk.

  16. #656
    Well, we know now that it was San Diego.

  17. #657
    Wow, awesome game. Unbelievable that the Colts managed to lose a game at home with all of their key players back from injury against a Chargers team that was banged up and shed players throughout the game. Also, the Colts chucked away 4 tries from 1st and goal with a couple minutes left on the clock. Big ups to Billy Volek for leading the go-ahead drive.

    Couldn't draw this up any better for New England. Instead of seeing the Colts, they get a Chargers team playing without or with hobbled starters.

  18. #658
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Augustine, FL

    Fox Sports

    Just checked my TV listings and wasn't getting the Virginia game. So I called the cable guys and had to buy the IO sports package. $5.95 a month. Not too bad. I think there are a few more games on the schedule that are on fox sports. Last year, fox sports new york carried those games and they were included in my package.

  19. #659
    The only channels I don't get are the Spanish language channels and pay movies(HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, or whatever is out there now).

    I wish I was getting HDNet...but Comcastic doesn't play that game.

  20. #660
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    The only channels I don't get are the Spanish language channels and pay movies(HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, or whatever is out there now).

    I wish I was getting HDNet...but Comcastic doesn't play that game.
    Yeah, I get HDNet and HDNet Movies on FIOS. Love them.

    Something else to look forward to.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •