Page 3287 of 3405 FirstFirst ... 2287278731873237327732853286328732883289329733373387 ... LastLast
Results 65,721 to 65,740 of 68092
  1. #65721
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Mary's Place
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I got a job! About an 80k raise over my last one. I ain't mad about it.
    Congrats! Are they still handing out signing bonuses these days? Last time, I flipped from temp-to-perm, and they threw in a signing bonus (didn't see it coming either.)
    "Quality is not an option!"

  2. #65722
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I got a job! About an 80k raise over my last one. I ain't mad about it.
    Drinks onClem!

    Am I misremembering or had you been in between the job you left and this one? You’re coming back into the workforce, right?

  3. #65723
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Congrats! Are they still handing out signing bonuses these days? Last time, I flipped from temp-to-perm, and they threw in a signing bonus (didn't see it coming either.)
    Hi! I am the charity case here. But they let me stick around. No bonus. Great territory. NC, SC, VA, KY and DC. Much smaller than my previous territory, which was a globe.

  4. #65724
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Drinks onClem!

    Am I misremembering or had you been in between the job you left and this one? You’re coming back into the workforce, right?
    Yep. A full 7 month hiatus.

  5. #65725
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Yep. A full 7 month hiatus.
    Well, congratulations! Im abig fan of time between jobs and it sounds like the past year has been full of life changes for you so wish you well in The new year!

  6. #65726
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Yep. A full 7 month hiatus.
    Except you wrote a book, no? Or are writing.
    Fahr zur Hölle, Carolina, fahr zur Hölle

  7. #65727
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    Except you wrote a book, no? Or are writing.
    What do you think his LTE posts are? It’s like the old serial magazine stories, in modern form.

    Funny and often insightful, but the plot wanders tbh.

  8. #65728
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Hi! I am the charity case here. But they let me stick around. No bonus. Great territory. NC, SC, VA, KY and DC. Much smaller than my previous territory, which was a globe.
    Congratulations, sounds perfect!

  9. #65729
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Dur'm
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Hi! I am the charity case here. But they let me stick around. No bonus. Great territory. NC, SC, VA, KY and DC. Much smaller than my previous territory, which was a globe.
    Doesn't count. Besides, you don't even have a kid named Bert.

    Personalized-Family-Snowman-Crystal-Ball-1-.jpg

  10. #65730
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I got a job! About an 80k raise over my last one. I ain't mad about it.
    Congrats! Any words of wisdom after the extended time off?

  11. #65731
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    TGI Fridays in that slow decline from the top. An institution of my youth.


    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...s/72109353007/

  12. #65732
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I got a job! About an 80k raise over my last one. I ain't mad about it.
    Dinner is on you!

  13. #65733
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    TGI Fridays in that slow decline from the top. An institution of my youth.


    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...s/72109353007/

    Ruby Tuesday was where it was at during my undergrad days. That and the Teppanyaki place off of 15-501 and the steakhouse out towards Raleigh. Oh and Satisfaction's.

  14. #65734
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Dinner is on you!

    Just don't pick TGI Friday's because they likely just closed it.

  15. #65735
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    What do you think his LTE posts are? It’s like the old serial magazine stories, in modern form.

    Funny and often insightful, but the plot wanders tbh.
    Thinks he's Dickens. Paid by the word.
    Fahr zur Hölle, Carolina, fahr zur Hölle

  16. #65736
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    Thinks he's Dickens. Paid by the word.
    “Bleak Post”

    “Meh Expectations”

    “A Tale of Two Cities” (litigation pending)

  17. #65737
    Hahaha! Thanks everyone! I wrote about 280 pages in the book. Somewhere along the line it became more about writing the book than doing anything with it. I don't know if I even care about trying to publish it, as much as it was just something I've always wanted to do and so much of your life is spent with those types of things kept under wraps. And I just needed to actually do it. I put it down a few months ago and then started trying to look for a job. This company actually came after me and didn't have a position. So I'm sort of making my own, which is scary and exciting. Pretty soon I'll share why I started the celebrity thread. I didn't want to put it in there, I'll say something about it here.

  18. #65738
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Pretty soon I'll share why I started the celebrity thread. I didn't want to put it in there, I'll say something about it here.
    (It's because he met me! Shhhhhh!!!!)

  19. #65739
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    (It's because he met me! Shhhhhh!!!!)
    Best reason to start it.

  20. #65740
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    (It's because he met me! Shhhhhh!!!!)
    Somehow I have never met you. Although I definitely want to.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •