Page 3261 of 3341 FirstFirst ... 226127613161321132513259326032613262326332713311 ... LastLast
Results 65,201 to 65,220 of 66803
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    As for cats, I have no use for them and I'm allergic. I always imagine punting them, but never do. They seem to absolutely love me, though, and I've informed more than one cat rather rudely that they were not welcome to explore my person.
    That quite literally is not their fault. Imagining such an act is [edited to not use the words I want to].
    Past is gone, thou canst not that recall; Future is not, may not be at all;
    Present is, [so] improve the flying hour; Present only is within thy power. - Friar Park Clock Tower [author unknown]

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Found it. Snippy was top tier.
    Edit: shocked he didn't say your posts were the logical conclusion of the lawlessness brought about by NIL. He says that in 4 of his 5 posts.
    This is why I love lte. I donít get all wound up about sports stuff. I have a few opinions I like to lob in the interest of friendly sports pub banter, which is the central origin idea of DBR. But, lord, itís tough to take that spirit to the main board sometimes. Folks angry.

Shockingly, I have never been flamed. Probably because I don't share what I actually think about the ability of others on the sports side.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    That quite literally is not their fault. Imagining such an act is [edited to not use the words I want to].
    Obviously it isn't their fault. It isn't mine, either. And actually, it's not really their fault that they want to climb on me, either. Cats are very territorial, and want to know everything about new objects that appear in their familiar spaces. But those two things to combine such that I don't much like cats.

However, when I imagine a punted cat, it's actually kind of cute. My imagined punted cat is not harmed, it just flies gracefully through the air with a vaguely puzzled meow, lands on its feet (like all imagined cats do), and goes calmly on about its business somewhere else. I readily accept your exchange of not saying words in response to my not punting cats.

Shockingly, I have never been flamed. Probably because I don't share what I actually think about the ability of others on the sports side.
    That can be corrected.

Really?? Hmm . . . something must be wrong with my flame button.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Really?? Hmm . . . something must be wrong with my flame button.
    Rude.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    My sister-in-law had a cat that was nutso. It would come up and rub against your leg and hiss at the same time.
    One of the ferals, I called her Tiger, used to hiss at me every time I came to put out food. Then after having a few bites, she would rub up against me. She was my favorite of the ferals.

Surprised no Ryan O'Neal thread. I watched Love Story this year.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Did he die?

Just googled, answer yes.

Paper Moon is a great movie.

Multiple tornados have taken aim on middle Tennessee and specifically on the Nashville area. The front hasn't made it to my neck of the woods yet, they're reporting the strength of the storms starting to diminish just a bit as night falls so I'm hoping for the best. It's a weird dynamic: the storm squall line is aligned along a southwest to northeast direction, but the storms are advancing in an ENE direction, which means a very slow advance of the storm line. Several communities, including a couple that have already had tornado touchdowns, are being put into a second tornado warning because of this very slow advance.

NWS says it is a "catastrophic" tornado outbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Multiple tornados have taken aim on middle Tennessee and specifically on the Nashville area. The front hasn't made it to my neck of the woods yet, they're reporting the strength of the storms starting to diminish just a bit as night falls so I'm hoping for the best. It's a weird dynamic: the storm squall line is aligned along a southwest to northeast direction, but the storms are advancing in an ENE direction, which means a very slow advance of the storm line. Several communities, including a couple that have already had tornado touchdowns, are being put into a second tornado warning because of this very slow advance.

NWS says it is a "catastrophic" tornado outbreak.
    Wow, I am wishing you all the best. Isnít itvawfully late for tornadoes?

Quote Originally Posted by FosterCoachK82 View Post
    Wow, I am wishing you all the best. Isnít itvawfully late for tornadoes?
    You're thinking 1990s climate. Big storms and bad wind are common year round in the south now.

Rotation was detected about 15 miles west of us and heading in our direction, but the storm line has now passed over us with remarkably little fuss. Six people died in Nashville and Clarksville, a lot of power outages, and multiple distinct tornados reported. They all seem to have been short-lived, but would fire up one after the other on the same storm path. Considering some of them touched down in the Nashville metro area, the damage seems to have been isolated to small areas, but that is cold comfort to those that were impacted.

Hope everyone is okay! Think that weather system is heading my way.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Rotation was detected about 15 miles west of us and heading in our direction, but the storm line has now passed over us with remarkably little fuss. Six people died in Nashville and Clarksville, a lot of power outages, and multiple distinct tornados reported. They all seem to have been short-lived, but would fire up one after the other on the same storm path. Considering some of them touched down in the Nashville metro area, the damage seems to have been isolated to small areas, but that is cold comfort to those that were impacted.
    Glad you are okay, sorry to hear there were fatalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Did he die?

Just googled, answer yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Paper Moon is a great movie.
    Let's be honest, because well he's pretty. So there are probably a lot of haters. I know I've heard on many occasions, "YBT, you know who you remind me of? Ryan O'Neal.*"

*Said no one ever...

Let's be honest, because well he's pretty. So there are probably a lot of haters. I know I've heard on many occasions, "YBT, you know who you remind me of? Ryan O'Neal.*"

*Said no one ever...
    You sure they didnít say Ed OíNeill?

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    You sure they didn’t say Ed O’Neill?
    Actually, people have said that Ryan looked like me.

I can see the similarity in this pic of Ryan from six years ago. It's the cane that seals the deal.

ryan-oneal-76.jpg