Page 3248 of 3344 FirstFirst ... 224827483148319832383246324732483249325032583298 ... LastLast
Results 64,941 to 64,960 of 66868
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Eh. I'm always mad about something. Just started looking for a job this week. Big interview tomorrow.
    God speed. Good luck to you. And to them.

Eh. I'm always mad about something. Just started looking for a job this week. Big interview tomorrow.
    Hope it goes well and that things work out the way you’re hoping. I know work has been a source of much frustration and stress for you over the years.

Good luck with the interview. I hope the position turns out to be even better than you think it is going to be.

Thanks guys! It's a company in Respiratory Care that I respect. I would like to work for them. They came after me, which is quite flattering. I have been offered 3 jobs at prestigious institutions, which is even more flattering. I have been playing around with a career change. I applied for a job at a magazine as the director of sales and marketing. And I applied for a job with the Southern Poverty Law Center. Morris Dees has long been a hero. I don't expect to hear from either (and those would have been SIGNIFICANT pay cuts from the job for which I am interviewing), but I think I would have very much enjoyed those jobs.

Thanks guys! It's a company in Respiratory Care that I respect. I would like to work for them. They came after me, which is quite flattering. I have been offered 3 jobs at prestigious institutions, which is even more flattering. I have been playing around with a career change. I applied for a job at a magazine as the director of sales and marketing. And I applied for a job with the Southern Poverty Law Center. Morris Dees has long been a hero. I don't expect to hear from either (and those would have been SIGNIFICANT pay cuts from the job for which I am interviewing), but I think I would have very much enjoyed those jobs.
    Remind us, what have you been doing since your last job? IIRC, you’d been in your previous position in a specialized are of neonatal respiration for quite some time? Have you been taking time off?

Lots of life changes. Hope you’re well! Transitions can be hard but ultimately rewarding!

I honest to goodness want sports leagues and competitions where drugs are 100% allowed. Would definitely watch.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Remind us, what have you been doing since your last job? IIRC, you’d been in your previous position in a specialized are of neonatal respiration for quite some time? Have you been taking time off?

Lots of life changes. Hope you’re well! Transitions can be hard but ultimately rewarding!
    I have it on the record that ClemmonsDevil has been eating BBQ and drinking beer.

I wrote a book about my career and where we are headed in rhe future in mechanical ventilation of the micropreemie. And eating BBQ. Drank some beer. But not much. Less than a beer every week.

I honest to goodness want sports leagues and competitions where drugs are 100% allowed. Would definitely watch.
    Keith Richards would win every event.
    “You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know.” — GD

Here's the thing.

I had a rash pop up this morning. Big blotch on my torso under my right arm. It was very tender and itched like crazy. I made and kept a virtual appointment with a doctor who took a look (by camera) and diagonsed it as Shingles.

I have started a round of prescribed anti-viral and steroid pills. So far I've taken 2 anti-viral and one steroid pill.

Now, about 14 hours after it first appeared, the rash is mostly gone. The itching is much lessened.

Hmm.

Any thoughts? I'll check in the morning. To bed now.

The Russian qualifiers in anything were meant for you.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    And now sponsored by AARP and that’s not a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Here's the thing.

I had a rash pop up this morning. Big blotch on my torso under my right arm. It was very tender and itched like crazy. I made and kept a virtual appointment with a doctor who took a look (by camera) and diagonsed it as Shingles.

I have started a round of prescribed anti-viral and steroid pills. So far I've taken 2 anti-viral and one steroid pill.

Now, about 14 hours after it first appeared, the rash is mostly gone. The itching is much lessened.

Hmm.

So, a vey good outcome where a quick diagnosis saved you lots of time and pain? My recommendation is to continue the pills unless you are having serious side effects, but then I would consult your doctor.

My case of shingles took a doctor(urgent care) and a dentist visit before a PA in the ER correctly diagnosed it. Mine started on my face and caused my teeth to hurt which is why the dentist visit. As it was approaching my eyes, I was given an anti-viral via IV and could literally feel it working as I was receiving it.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Count your lucky stars. My wife had shingles and they caused her permanent partial hearing loss before it was diagnosed, too late to affect its course. It presented as congestion-like feelings for her, and she just thought the hearing loss was because her ears were clogged. This is a good outcome.

The CDC recommends that, even though you've had shingles, you'll still want to get the vaccine, just not while you're still symptomatic.

Good luck today!

Good luck!
    “You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know.” — GD

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    And now sponsored by AARP and that’s not a joke.
    I heard that on TV this morning! Hilarious!

Woke up to 16 degrees ... on its way to the 50s today.

I wrote a book about my career and where we are headed in rhe future in mechanical ventilation of the micropreemie. And eating BBQ. Drank some beer. But not much. Less than a beer every week.
    I initially read this as micro...something else, and I was like dude, wtf?!?! This is a family joint.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    ...And now sponsored by AARP and that’s not a joke.
    The literal AARP presale for the upcoming Rolling Stones tour is absolutely hilarious to me.

That said, it is legitimately a great show (or at least it was at Wallace Wade HOLY CRAP HOW WAS THAT OVER 18 YEARS AGO?!?!).