Page 322 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 2222723123203213223233243323724228221322 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,440 of 67384
    No matter how much time you think you have to move and/or pack, it's never enough. (at least for me). And the unpacking on the destination never ever gets done, but it's a good way to figure out all the stuff you should have thrown out before the move...

"I don't envy the headache you will have, but sleep soundly and dream of large women..."

(yeah yeah yeah, it's taken out of context but it seemed apropos anyway...)

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    No matter how much time you think you have to move and/or pack, it's never enough. (at least for me). And the unpacking on the destination never ever gets done, but it's a good way to figure out all the stuff you should have thrown out before the move...

"I don't envy the headache you will have, but sleep soundly and dream of large women..."

(yeah yeah yeah, it's taken out of context but it seemed apropos anyway...)
    I am down with Fezzik references, in or out of context.

I'm actually a pro at moving, having done it well over 20 times in 30 years. I'll be unpacked and set up in my new apartment in about six hours. Of course it helps that I have a lot of more permanent thing in storage and will only be in this new place for about six months.

I'll unpack the wine glasses and three or four boxes of books while art, photos, frames, etc. will stay in storage.

I guess like anything else you can get good at it with practice, and the storage places simplify the process. When I was renting, we were moving every year or two, which is just enough time to cause complete confusion - acquisition of new junk to move, disposal of property to be left behind, etc. (again, at least for me...).

Inigo Montoya: [pushing his way through a crowd] Excuse me... Excuse me... Fezzik, please?
    Fezzik: EVERYBODY MOVE!
    Inigo Montoya: [everybody clears a path] Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    I am down with Fezzik references, in or out of context.

I'm actually a pro at moving, having done it well over 20 times in 30 years. I'll be unpacked and set up in my new apartment in about six hours. Of course it helps that I have a lot of more permanent thing in storage and will only be in this new place for about six months.

I'll unpack the wine glasses and three or four boxes of books while art, photos, frames, etc. will stay in storage.
    I'm glad you have your unpacking priorities in the correct order.

My dad sent me this today. Thought I'd share.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

Ohboyohboyohboy. I'm back from the above-mentioned stores, and I'm pretty darned excited about the extravaganza of lights that will adorn my house come Friday. It looked really good last year (easily the best on the street), and this year we've added a number of elements, while avoiding tacky excess. We are white-light purists in my family, so things will look clean and pure, yet very sparkly and joyful.
    I will of course posts pics just after nightfall on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Ohboyohboyohboy. I'm back from the above-mentioned stores, and I'm pretty darned excited about the extravaganza of lights that will adorn my house come Friday. It looked really good last year (easily the best on the street), and this year we've added a number of elements, while avoiding tacky excess. We are white-light purists in my family, so things will look clean and pure, yet very sparkly and joyful.
    I will of course posts pics just after nightfall on Friday.
    I'm glad you don't use all blue lights. Every time I see them, I think of my mom - she thought they looked cold.

eta: I'm Rudy D'Emilio - 1952-1954, 1,028pts

Five days of no work...I should be able to assist in moving the post count up.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Five days of no work...I should be able to assist in moving the post count up.
    First get out of Mongolia.

In contrast, the Road to Morocco is speedy ... if you have a good drafting partner.

Do you skip right through Tuva? Or is that on the way to Morocco?

Smile

Do you skip right through Tuva? Or is that on the way to Morocco?
    I never got my passport okayed through the border crossings. Tuva can wait for another day.

I think we're on the Road to Morocco, because not unlike Hope and Crosby, it's a lot of fun drafting along through the sights.

Of course, if you become Ol' Blue Eyes, that could make for a fun adventure.

That's a lot of references to older actors in one post.

That's a lot of references to older actors in one post.
    Maybe we're Oceans Eleven, baby!

Hmmm...who plays Cooney playing Ocean? They might get mobbed around here.

Smile

Hmmm...who plays Cooney playing Ocean? They might get mobbed around here.
    Gerry Cooney played in Oceans Eleven? Did they need a heavyweight southpaw for a reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Gerry Cooney played in Oceans Eleven? Did they need a heavyweight southpaw for a reason?
    Good conversation...haha. Typo...purely intentional typo. Its difficult finding material sometimes...

Let's talk about Turkey Day.
    I, for one, intend to get a little bit fatter and a little bit dumber on Thursday.
    But seriously...I love Thanksgiving. Of course I love it because it's the proper kickoff to the Christmas season, but I also think it's really important for us to remember all the things we have to be thankful for. We're incredibly lucky to live in a country like this and have the time and means to do things like maintain internet friendships. I hope everyone genuinely endeavors in the coming couple of days to shout out a bit of thanks to whichever higher being/unifying force/whatever you subscribe to.

I, for one, intend to get a little bit fatter and a little bit dumber on Thursday.
    I've already started...

Fatter and dumber? That's my specialty!

Perhaps we should have a competition?