Page 321 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 2212713113193203213223233313714218211321 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,420 of 67660
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Are you kidding? Elton John-designed unis would be flippin' awesome. And they could make enormous pink-tinted sunglasses an official part of the uni.
    Of course, that would be an Atlantan designing the uniforms.

53 per day...wasn't that the number?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    53 per day...wasn't that the number?
    Yeah, something like that.
    I should be good for 10 posts or so this morning. In just a few minutes, I'm off to my quantitative historical methods class. It's computer-based, pretty dry, and taught by a talented, yet very scatterbrained professor. That is a recipe for extensive mental wandering on any day, but today especially, as my mind is currently on two things:

TURKEY
    The Most Wonderful Time of the Year (48 hours!!!)

I will be utterly worthless in class today.

I should be good for 10 posts or so this morning. In just a few minutes, I'm off to my quantitative historical methods class. It's computer-based, pretty dry, and taught by a talented, yet very scatterbrained professor. That is a recipe for extensive mental wandering on any day, but today especially, as my mind is currently on two things:

TURKEY
    The Most Wonderful Time of the Year (48 hours!!!)

I will be utterly worthless in class today.
    Now, now... he isn't that scatterbrained!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Now, now... he isn't that scatterbrained!
    Yes, she is.

In fact, we've just spent the first ten minutes of class discussing our traditional Thanksgiving meals, travel plans, etc. Not a good omen for my attempts to concentrate for the next seven hours.

And half an hour later, class begins in earnest. Still nothing of substance accomplished.
    Scatterbrained, indeed.

Yes, she is.
    I was thinking of another person who does quantitative work.

I'm just glad I'm told to bring my computer every week. Otherwise, this one would be really brutal, especially today.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Team mascot:

Chapter 11 would be filed within days. My word, that's awful. Even worse than Fleetwood Mack.

But every post brings you closer and closer to the best season of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Chapter 11 would be filed within days. My word, that's awful. Even worse than Fleetwood Mack.
    Can't quite say I agree...I think Fleetwood Mac would actually be much better if they endeavored to look as foolish as possible while churning out their crap.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I've already started. All this talk drove me to turn on Christmas music.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm literally struggling to sit still at this point. I feel like I'm about 6 years old again on this day every year.

I should be good for 10 posts or so this morning. In just a few minutes, I'm off to my quantitative historical methods class. It's computer-based, pretty dry, and taught by a talented, yet very scatterbrained professor. That is a recipe for extensive mental wandering on any day, but today especially
    Put me down for something similar today. I have to go into work for a meeting that I really don't want to deal with until next week; then go to the airport and pick up the 'rents and take them home; then back to work for a 3-hour "Demo Days," where we show off to one another what our teams have been building for the past three months. I don't get to present my stuff until the last hour.

All I will be wanting to do is to get home and hang out with my fam. But since I'll be stuck in a conference room, I'll try and get a few posts in in the meantime.

Only a rough half hour left of class, and I have absorbed zero useful information. I have, however, perused bowl game projections on all four major sports websites (ESPN, SI, CBS, Fox) and visited ESPN.com Page 2 about eight times hoping that Gregg Easterbrook's weekly column would be up (no dice yet).

Is it time to go over the river and through the woods yet?

I didn't learn anything in class #1 today, but I did manage to keep the LTE plodding forward, essentially singlehandedly (come on, people!). In my second class, I will presumably acquire a couple of new wrinkles in my brain, as I don't get to have this toy going in front of me.
    After that, it's off to Michael's and Home Depot with my bro for the purchasing of lights and other decorations, followed by some pre-emptive decorating of the house before leaving town (though nothing is to be illuminated until Friday).

oooh thanks for the reminder re Easterbrook. TMQ rocks, BTW. Him and Bill Simmons are like the yin and yang of sports junkies - I've been reading everything they write for years now.

I feel like a middle brother between TMQ and Simmons. TMQ is the responsible oldest son: family man, D.C. policy wonk, coaching the kids, quaint if not archaic cheerleader fetish, and a nerdy obsession with football strategy and tactics, with occasional forays into astronomy and bad TV science fiction.

Simmons is the youngest child who ran loose because the parents gave up with the discipline: pop culture savant, postponing adulthood indefinitely, always alert for the boys' night out, gambler and sports junkie (both actual and fantasy), with a natural talent for understanding players and teams.

I'm in the middle, with enough in common with both brothers so that I can easily pick and choose, siding with whomever suits my agenda at any particular time.

Count me very thankful for ESPN Page 2.

I didn't learn anything in class #1 today, but I did manage to keep the LTE plodding forward, essentially singlehandedly (come on, people!). In my second class, I will presumably acquire a couple of new wrinkles in my brain, as I don't get to have this toy going in front of me.
    After that, it's off to Michael's and Home Depot with my bro for the purchasing of lights and other decorations, followed by some pre-emptive decorating of the house before leaving town (though nothing is to be illuminated until Friday).
    Today is an "admin" day - get my office pool picks in, timesheets entered, a bit of cubicle housecleaning, and try to exit stage left a bit early and get ready for the Pennsylvania Turnpike Shuffe tonight. That's got to be the most outdated stretch of interstate in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Today is an "admin" day - get my office pool picks in, timesheets entered, a bit of cubicle housecleaning, and try to exit stage left a bit early and get ready for the Pennsylvania Turnpike Shuffe tonight. That's got to be the most outdated stretch of interstate in the country.
    Today I am packing up my apartment rather hastily. Seems I overlooked moving this weekend, and with Thanksgiving I only have three real days to pack. DOH!

Thankfully I have been staging and organizing things for a few weeks and already had some boxes packed. I am glad it's slow today.