Page 3072 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 2072257229723022306230703071307230733074308231223172 ... LastLast
Results 61,421 to 61,440 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Where are you on the SC coast? I'm just being nosy.
    Northeast corner. At least the upper half of Horry County is hit. A popup thunderstorm just started so that should help.

Interesting map for the smoke regions.

https://fire.airnow.gov/

We have smoke influence here in CA almost every year, but not until later in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Interesting map for the smoke regions.

https://fire.airnow.gov/

We have smoke influence here in CA almost every year, but not until later in the summer.
    Confirms the reports of “terrible” this morning from my daughter in NYC and Son2 in DC, and “pretty much normal” from Son1 in New Hampshire.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Our red alert came with no smoky smell, interestingly enough. That's why people needed extra warning of the danger.
    I could certainly smell it today, but then, I'm pretty sensitive to that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I could certainly smell it today, but then, I'm pretty sensitive to that kind of thing.
    I usually am but not with this. I live in a thickly wooded area though. But they were warning that there was danger even if you couldn't smell it.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    In a bizarre story of a person who has an almost identical DNA signature to me--my sister sustained 11 ticks bites over the course of Spring and Summer 2022, which is clearly nuts. When she was admitted to the Hospital in late September, her docs had a very difficult time arriving at a diagnosis and her condition steadily worsened. They kept shoving doxycycline into her which ultimately saved her life, while they tried to sort out the symptomology. Turns out she had concurrent infections of Babesiosis, Ehrlichiosis along with remants of RMSF. For whatever reason they had a hard time identifying Babesiosis, which presents flu-like symptoms but no rash. For a hot minute they considered a Covid variant, discharged her only to have her readmit herself 2 days later.

No, she doesn't live in a broken down mobile home in Appalachia, she's quite well-off and, my siblings and I had assumed, intelligent, yeah, despite evidence to the contrary. But she brings in mulch by the truckload and insists on spreading it herself. She had to have her entire home sanitized and inspected by the appropriate authority and now hires a landscaping crew to do most of the around-the-house stuff.

Doxy is what they have me on. Seemed more worried about an infection than Lyme though, so that was good.

In other news, still smokey in SEPA.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    In a bizarre story of a person who has an almost identical DNA signature to me--my sister sustained 11 ticks bites over the course of Spring and Summer 2022, which is clearly nuts. When she was admitted to the Hospital in late September, her docs had a very difficult time arriving at a diagnosis and her condition steadily worsened. They kept shoving doxycycline into her which ultimately saved her life, while they tried to sort out the symptomology. Turns out she had concurrent infections of Babesiosis, Ehrlichiosis along with remants of RMSF. For whatever reason they had a hard time identifying Babesiosis, which presents flu-like symptoms but no rash. For a hot minute they considered a Covid variant, discharged her only to have her readmit herself 2 days later.

No, she doesn't live in a broken down mobile home in Appalachia, she's quite well-off and, my siblings and I had assumed, intelligent, yeah, despite evidence to the contrary. But she brings in mulch by the truckload and insists on spreading it herself. She had to have her entire home sanitized and inspected by the appropriate authority and now hires a landscaping crew to do most of the around-the-house stuff.
    as someone who spreads seven yards of mulch each Spring by hand, this is a bit concerning, though I have never seen a tick while mulching...always a concern here.
    My vet has told me over the years that ticks carry a plethora of odd diseases, and are suspected of carrying many more, which is why it's good to inspect oneself around here, and to treat the pets for ticks as well...

Septic Man came and went, no encounters with Turdzilla though he did leave with 1000 gallons of our very best output, and he installed the coveted riser, so it's drinks all around up here.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Septic Man came and went, no encounters with Turdzilla though he did leave with 1000 gallons of our very best output, and he installed the coveted riser, so it's drinks all around up here.
    I don't know if everyone else pictures you this way, but you definitely are Winston Wolf in my mind's eye. I assume you are curt with people, but only because time is of the essence.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I don't know if everyone else pictures you this way, but you definitely are Winston Wolf in my mind's eye. I assume you are curt with people, but only because time is of the essence.
    One of my heroes! That man could get things done, and he appreciated a good cup of coffee as well. I am honored!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    One of my heroes! That man could get things done, and he appreciated a good cup of coffee as well. I am honored!
    And drove like a bat out of hell.

Why was he wearing a tux that early in the morning?

AQI 233 here

If you are not a lawyer it is imperative that you type that out and not use an unapproved abbreviation.

If you are not a lawyer it is imperative that you type that out and not use an unapproved abbreviation.
    You’re such a stinker.

Can I still get IANAL as my license plate though?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Can I still get IANAL as my license plate though?
    Only if it's true

Pretty sure that's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Pretty sure that's the law.
    Definitely should be.

So, I was going to take Monday through Wednesday of next week off from work, travel, and see my parents.. Now there is a meeting that I can't miss, that a leader a couple layers up rearranged their calendar for and I will have the primary speaking role.

1) Yes, they did not consult my calendar
    2) What should I do?