Page 3069 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 2069256929693019305930673068306930703071307931193169 ... LastLast
Results 61,361 to 61,380 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Ruffles added or removed? Also no one commented on the fact that you once drove around RFK and his family. When I read that I assumed it was a special op and extraction that you pulled off.
    RFK and family just got dumped on me, I was the closest guy around when Mr Big needed a taxi service for his fancy guests.

No ruffles on the suit! This was a top of the line suit 35 years ago, I have not worn it in 30 years (after the company went to informal dress) but it manages to have survived at least several cycles of suit fashion...no wide lapels, fits really nicely. Replacing that suit at the same store with a brand new one would now cost $1400, alternative would be some Men's Wearhouse mediocre suit for $400...we'll see how it goes, same tailor who did the initial alterations, we had quite a yuck fest a few weeks ago.

Your location got me thinking about the old Edmonton Eskimos, came to mind that might no longer be acceptable, and sure enough they are now the Elks, so there's that.

Having fun up there?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    RFK and family just got dumped on me, I was the closest guy around when Mr Big needed a taxi service for his fancy guests.

No ruffles on the suit! This was a top of the line suit 35 years ago, I have not worn it in 30 years (after the company went to informal dress) but it manages to have survived at least several cycles of suit fashion...no wide lapels, fits really nicely. Replacing that suit at the same store with a brand new one would now cost $1400, alternative would be some Men's Wearhouse mediocre suit for $400...we'll see how it goes, same tailor who did the initial alterations, we had quite a yuck fest a few weeks ago.

Your location got me thinking about the old Edmonton Eskimos, came to mind that might no longer be acceptable, and sure enough they are now the Elks, so there's that.

Having fun up there?
    Honestly I have been blown away. It doesn't have the scenery that Calgary has because of the proximity to the mountains. So it's a Plains City and pretty flat although it does have a Riverfront area that I'm going to go walk around later. But when I got here yesterday it was 85° and there were hundreds of people out in the streets enjoying the weather. All the restaurants had outdoor seating and I found a really cool spot to eat and hang out. I had sort of assumed this place would be like Regina (so ummm...about that pronunciation. Can we change that?). Which basically has an architectural style I would classify as late "19th Century Penitentiary Style". But the area I found was cool and would be indistinguishable from neighborhoods in Chicago, KC, St Louis or any kind of eclectic Midwestern US city.

Honestly I have been blown away. It doesn't have the scenery that Calgary has because of the proximity to the mountains. So it's a Plains City and pretty flat although it does have a Riverfront area that I'm going to go walk around later. But when I got here yesterday it was 85° and there were hundreds of people out in the streets enjoying the weather. All the restaurants had outdoor seating and I found a really cool spot to eat and hang out. I had sort of assumed this place would be like Regina (so ummm...about that pronunciation. Can we change that?). Which basically has an architectural style I would classify as late "19th Century Penitentiary Style". But the area I found was cool and would be indistinguishable from neighborhoods in Chicago, KC, St Louis or any kind of eclectic Midwestern US city.
    Do you chortle every time you say it???

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Do you chortle every time you say it???
    I think I look horrified and wonder if I should fill out HR paperwork

may be due to all the money in Alberta these days...yeah, Regina is forgettable except for the name...

may be due to all the money in Alberta these days...yeah, Regina is forgettable except for the name...
    You say tomatoe and I say tomato. You say Regina and I say…

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You say tomatoe and I say tomato. You say Regina and I say…
    You can understand how tough Regina has it when you realize they have to compete with Saskatoon. Not for the faint of heart.

Don’t forget Punkydoodles Corners!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punkeydoodles_Corners

Don’t forget Punkydoodles Corners!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punkeydoodles_Corners
    Sounds like a town that would be angling for the first official votes in a general election.

You can understand how tough Regina has it when you realize they have to compete with Saskatoon. Not for the faint of heart.
    I'm on the record as absolutely loving canada. I have deep thoughts about all of these cities. Saskatoon is a beautiful city and has great food and lots of new, glass buildings. I was very surprised. Winnipeg and Regina are the two least attractive cities. But Winnipeg has really good food, and I mean really good. Edmonton is further north than any of them and is the furthest North big city in canada, so I assumed it would be kind of ugly. But Saskatoon and Edmonton have an absolute ton of oil money and you can tell.

picking up my 35 year old suit which is being a bit re-tailored...
    after 35 years of digging down to my septic tank every five years, i'm bringing in a guy who will add a "riser" to the tank so digging will no longer be required
    You have a very formal septic tank guy.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    You have a very formal septic tank guy.
    I want to look my best when someone comes calling on me. Must be because I attended a university in the South.

This was a top of the line suit 35 years ago, I have not worn it in 30 years (after the company went to informal dress) but it manages to have survived at least several cycles of suit fashion...no wide lapels, fits really nicely. Replacing that suit at the same store with a brand new one would now cost $1400, alternative would be some Men's Wearhouse mediocre suit for $400...we'll see how it goes, same tailor who did the initial alterations, we had quite a yuck fest a few weeks ago.
    My father used to know a men's suit wholesaler in Van Nuys, CA. The gentleman used to supply boutique shops across the US or so he claimed. So, the Christmas break prior to graduation, my father took me over to the warehouse and we picked out a suit and a blue blazer. He then showed us a giant board with dozens of labels for various shops around the US and told us to pick a couple out and they would be attached to the clothing. Not being anywhere near the NYC suit scene, we just picked a couple out. Googling them now, we did not choose wisely or his clientele were not as boutique as he said.

That small town south of the Triangle says "hold my" something.

-jk

And on to Tuesday…y

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    And on to Tuesday…y
    Stupid Tuesday with it only being 2/5 through the week.

Stupid Tuesday with it only being 2/5 through the week.
    Tuesday afternoon is never ending
    Wednesday morning papers didn't come . . . .

Those wily Canadians throwing another curve ball at us...a few weeks ago it was smoke from Alberta wildfires, then it was smoke from Nova Scotia (weird weather pattern, that) and now we've got the big red sun courtesy of wildfires north of Montreal.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    That small town south of the Triangle says "hold my" something.

-jk
    that is one profoundly ugly name...I can't imagine having to fill that out on forms, time after time...

let's go outside and prepare for Septic Man tomorrow...do a wee bit of digging to show him the spot...hope my measurements are correct!