Page 3045 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 2045254529452995303530433044304530463047305530953145 ... LastLast
Results 60,881 to 60,900 of 67660
    I’m adding “Climax Molybdenum” to my list of album titles for my metal band.

Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    I got a speeding ticket in Gila Bend when I missed a school zone sign while having my 9-year-old pee in a cup so we could make it home in time for the 2010 championship game.
    Defensible. In the state of North Carolina you get off with a warning.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    And I just relabeled my finishing move.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Sounds like my honeymoon tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Sounds like my honeymoon tbh.
    See I knew we could mine more from this.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    See I knew we could mine more from this.
    The LTE never disappoints! Unlike OPK's honeymoon.

The LTE never disappoints! Unlike OPK's honeymoon.
    Truth.

This has strong pee in a cup vibes.
    never even considered it. The Iron Bladder (50 years ago). Not so much now.

Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    I got a speeding ticket in Gila Bend when I missed a school zone sign while having my 9-year-old pee in a cup so we could make it home in time for the 2010 championship game.
    There was an active school zone on a Monday night???

Defensible. In the state of North Carolina you get off with a warning.
    Geez, where are YOU from? Around here, ANY speeding in a school zone is an automatic 5 points on your license.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post

Geez, where are YOU from? Around here, ANY speeding in a school zone is an automatic 5 points on your license.
    You know the answer to this. I'm from an area that don't hold to no book learnin'.

you can get thru the school zones faster by passing the school buses.

One of our local municipalities has set up cameras in school zones to ticket speeders. No flashing school zone warning lights, just small, easily overlooked signs. They then mail tickets, with a statement saying no points issued if the fine is paid. It’s all about income for them, not safety.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    One of our local municipalities has set up cameras in school zones to ticket speeders. No flashing school zone warning lights, just small, easily overlooked signs. They then mail tickets, with a statement saying no points issued if the fine is paid. It’s all about income for them, not safety.
    We have prominent signs, flashing lights, everything. And people still fly through them. Then whine when they get a ticket.

There was an active school zone on a Monday night???
    It was still afternoon. Gila Bend (aka the Fan Belt Capital of the World) is in Arizona and on Pacific time in April. I was driving home to Phoenix after Easter weekend in San Diego. My kids’ Episcopal school always had Easter Monday off which is another reason I wasn’t thinking about schools being in session or active school zones. I was still about 75 miles from home, with Phoenix rush hour traffic to navigate, my daughter to be dropped at gymnastics, and my sons to be fed before game time!

(My kids now on the east coast still miss live sports starting times in the west- especially MNF and being able to roll out of bed on Saturdays and watch college football in their pajamas!)

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    It's about income, not safety, everywhere.

Today is a very special birthday.
    Kermit_the_Frog.jpg

Happy Birthday, Kermie!

It is also my nieces' birthday (twins). I will have to remind them they share it with an important frog.

kermitbday.jpg

It is also my nieces' birthday (twins). I will have to remind them they share it with an important frog.

kermitbday.jpg
    It's my dad's birthday too, but, y'know...priorities.

Funny. I got one of these tickets in the mail last month. Tallulah Falls? Of course, I wasn't even in the vehicle (my wife was driving), and it was a Civil Violation or something, not a moving violation.

The funny (?) part was that the school zone speed limit is the same as the non-school time speed limit. Odd, right? I thought the point was to have a slower speed limit during school times. Who knows.

Regardless, my wife was guilty as charged, so we paid the ticket online (managed by a firm in Chattanooga, TN, strangely enough) and moved along.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Funny. I got one of these tickets in the mail last month. Tallulah Falls? Of course, I wasn't even in the vehicle (my wife was driving), and it was a Civil Violation or something, not a moving violation.

The funny (?) part was that the school zone speed limit is the same as the non-school time speed limit. Odd, right? I thought the point was to have a slower speed limit during school times. Who knows.

Regardless, my wife was guilty as charged, so we paid the ticket online (managed by a firm in Chattanooga, TN, strangely enough) and moved along.
    The Tallulah corridor on either side of the gorge for several miles is a notorious speed trap. Basically keep yourself glued to the posted limit anywhere between Clayton and Clarkesville.