Page 3016 of 3388 FirstFirst ... 2016251629162966300630143015301630173018302630663116 ... LastLast
Results 60,301 to 60,320 of 67755
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Post office employers walk their routes in my neighborhood. They come up on my porch and put my mail in a basket by the front door. We have a mail slot but it's easier for them to put stuff in the basket, so, we do it that way.
    that's nice, I grew up in such a situation. Not possible here, we would need 100,000 delivery people!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    When we bought our house 33 years ago we eschewed the notion of a mailbox and all that it can entail: vandalism, theft, tired snow plow drivers, etc...instead we grab out mail at the post office...rural mailbox can be a huge pain in the butt.
    (I was in town hall a month ago and some guy came in and dumped his fractured mailbox and post next to the desk of the highway foreman, message delivered).
    Post office employers walk their routes in my neighborhood. They come up on my porch and put my mail in a basket by the front door. We have a mail slot but it's easier for them to put stuff in the basket, so, we do it that way.
    The USPS has stopping door delivery for new housing addresses. They are requiring new developments to have a centralized area setup with PO boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    The USPS has stopping door delivery for new housing addresses. They are requiring new developments to have a centralized area setup with PO boxes.
    OUr USPS service sucks. Half the time mail is delivered to the wrong mailbox and you are relying on someone else to do the honest thing and stick it in the correct box or put it back with the flag up. Nothing but attitude at the post office. I am convinced that many Fridays, they do not bother delivering.

And don't even get me started on trying to have your mail held. They are useless.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I wonder what HOAs will use to make up bogus fines in those neighborhoods.

(I will never buy a home in an area with an HOA. Condo fees - maybe. HOA - no.)

I wish our teeth were flaccid and only got hard when we ate.

I wonder what HOAs will use to make up bogus fines in those neighborhoods.

(I will never buy a home in an area with an HOA. Condo fees - maybe. HOA - no.)
    I feel the same. My parents were in a development with an HOA. My parents referred to it as "The Junta". My father's solution was to chair the junta board. My solution is just not to live with a junta.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I feel the same. My parents were in a development with an HOA. My parents referred to it as "The Junta". My father's solution was to chair the junta board. My solution is just not to live with a junta.
    My vacation place has an HOA, but it is a duplex and the association is me and my neighbors. Our business is conducted by text or margaritas on the patio.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Food eroticism.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    OUr USPS service sucks. Half the time mail is delivered to the wrong mailbox and you are relying on someone else to do the honest thing and stick it in the correct box or put it back with the flag up. Nothing but attitude at the post office. I am convinced that many Fridays, they do not bother delivering.

And don't even get me started on trying to have your mail held. They are useless.
    It's largely dependent on your local office and the people therein...our current regime is excellent for a small town (we inexplicably have two post offices for a podunk town of fewer than 3,000 people)...

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Food eroticism.
    Toothsome

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Ew ew ew ew.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    My vacation place has an HOA, but it is a duplex and the association is me and my neighbors. Our business is conducted by text or margaritas on the patio.
    Ok, maybe not all of them are bad. I actually grew up in a neighborhood that had one and it was a good one, but that was a long time ago. That one did things like plan the annual 4th of July celebration and keep the community Little League field in good shape.

Yeah home owners have been sued by both mailbox vandals and people that accidentally crash into overly fortified mailboxes.
    Have they won their cases?

Ok, maybe not all of them are bad. I actually grew up in a neighborhood that had one and it was a good one, but that was a long time ago. That one did things like plan the annual 4th of July celebration and keep the community Little League field in good shape.
    That HOA is not the same. The ball field is still kept in pretty good shape and there is the annual Spring Flea Market next month, but they do nothing about bad behavior in the neighborhood and they no longer do the Christmas Parades. Sad. Our old stomping ground just ain't the same.

Boyo, yesterday was a weird one around here.

Need more sleep.

My son and I have started lifting weights again and I am particularly ravenous right now. I went to eat Korean barbecue last night and I ordered the meal for two to three people which comes with 32 oz of meat. I ate all of it. Plus a side of Korean cheesy corn, kimchi and a salad. I wasn't all that full afterwards which is weird. But my assumption is I'm probably going to poop out an entire animal later. It might have fur and horns. I'm pretty excited.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Have they won their cases?
    This one did not.

https://www.courtnewsohio.gov/cases/...124/201057.asp

This one (from Durham County) was settled out of court.

https://www.wral.com/news/local/story/166772/

my new underwear appear to be lost within the post office.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    my new underwear appear to be lost within the post office.
    Commando!