Page 291 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1912412812892902912922933013413917911291 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,820 of 67392
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    My sister's old dog had a snooze alarm. Mallie would stand by the bed and stare at you until you woke up. If you told her "five more minutes, Mallie", she would go back to her bed and lie down only to return 5 minutes later and start staring at you again.
    Hey, how did they trip go? Was Wicked worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    I can understand why some people don't like cats or dogs, or even why some people don't like animals at all. But I've never understood the need to talk about it. It's been my experience that dog lovers are more likely to comment negatively on cats than vice versa.

Anyone else notice this or do I just need to have another cup of coffee, or a glass of wine?
    I think it's easier to dislike cats than dogs, so you probably hear it expressed more. But I've definitely heard a few cat owners talking about how loud and smelly dogs are.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavlaw View Post
    Hey, how did they trip go? Was Wicked worth it?
    The trip was great - thank you for asking. The only rude person we encountered was trying to empty the theater after Wicked was over so I consider that a great thing. The folks working for CTA - whether on the clock or just on the trains - were great. Always friendly and offering help.

We had dinner at Bijan's and it was excellent. Thank you for the recommendation.

Wicked was wonderful. I was the only one that had seen it so it was fun to watch the other's reactions. The actress that played Elphaba was amazing - she owned that stage. Glinda was good but I didn't think Fiyero was as good as the actor in the traveling company.

We all left Chicago talking about where we would go for our next girls weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I don't hate cat owners. I feel sorry for them because cats kind of creep me out. I couldn't imagine living with an animal that is clearly my intellectual superior. Never an issue I would have with my dog.
    Cats aren't your intellectual superior - they just think and act they are!

Cats aren't your intellectual superior - they just think and act they are!
    Yeah, but that's just rude. I like being as adored at home as I am on DBR.

The trip was great - thank you for asking. The only rude person we encountered was trying to empty the theater after Wicked was over so I consider that a great thing. The folks working for CTA - whether on the clock or just on the trains - were great. Always friendly and offering help.

We had dinner at Bijan's and it was excellent. Thank you for the recommendation.

Wicked was wonderful. I was the only one that had seen it so it was fun to watch the other's reactions. The actress that played Elphaba was amazing - she owned that stage. Glinda was good but I didn't think Fiyero was as good as the actor in the traveling company.

We all left Chicago talking about where we would go for our next girls weekend.
    Glad to hear you had a good time. It's unfortunate the weather turned colder late on Thursday and through the weekend. Fearing snow, I spent the better part of Saturday taking down the dining set on my back deck and getting it covered, cleaning/cutting back my garden, and putting pots and planters into storage.

On the up side for me, I got a call from the HR department at my dream job on Friday evening and did a phone interview. I think it went fairly well (my strengths and weaknesses for the positiong being fairly obvious), and there were only a couple answers I would like to have back to change/revise, as is the case in any interview.

The lady asking me the questions said they would let me know in the next week or two if they want me to come in for a full interview, so here's hoping.

Yeah, but that's just rude. I like being as adored at home as I am on DBR.
    My cats worship me. I bring them food and love. Perhaps cats don't show you love because they can sense that you're creeped out by them.

My cats worship me. I bring them food and love. Perhaps cats don't show you love because they can sense that you're creeped out by them.
    That's probably fair.

Glad to hear you had a good time. It's unfortunate the weather turned colder late on Thursday and through the weekend. Fearing snow, I spent the better part of Saturday taking down the dining set on my back deck and getting it covered, cleaning/cutting back my garden, and putting pots and planters into storage.

On the up side for me, I got a call from the HR department at my dream job on Friday evening and did a phone interview. I think it went fairly well (my strengths and weaknesses for the positiong being fairly obvious), and there were only a couple answers I would like to have back to change/revise, as is the case in any interview.

The lady asking me the questions said they would let me know in the next week or two if they want me to come in for a full interview, so here's hoping.
    I won't hold the cold/damp weather against you. The worst of the rain was as we arrived - after that it was mostly cold with some drizzle so not too awful. We are a hardy bunch.

Yeah on the phone interview! Sending vibes that you get a positive response in the next week or two. Keep the LTE posted on your status. I don't remember - would the new job require relocation?

Yeah! Mine too. And, here's another cute pic of Miss Moneypenny. She loves the dryer. I constantly check inside before I turn it on to make sure she isn't in it. In fact, she likes the laundry room. Spent the night in it once, and never complained.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats on the phone interview. Sending vibes that you get a face to face interview, and the job.

Wow, good luck & vibes, Cavlaw!

Thanks all, and no, it would not require relocation.

I'm trying to be upbeat about it. I don't have any specific experience with the "industry" involved, which is my biggest weakness. On the other hand I have an excellent academic and professional background which should strongly suggest that I can quickly learn what I need to. So, I'm hopeful that my enthusiasm was enough to put me over the top and at least get an in-person interview.

Thanks all, and no, it would not require relocation.

I'm trying to be upbeat about it. I don't have any specific experience with the "industry" involved, which is my biggest weakness. On the other hand I have an excellent academic and professional background which should strongly suggest that I can quickly learn what I need to. So, I'm hopeful that my enthusiasm was enough to put me over the top and at least get an in-person interview.
    Congrats on taking Rahm Emanuel's vacated House seat!

Congrats on taking Rahm Emanuel's vacated House seat!
    Ha! If only. I am considering working on one of the campaigns to fill the seat, if any of the contenders appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bigj4194 View Post
    What, aside from awesome, is that?

Quote Originally Posted by bigj4194 View Post
    Ok, what am I looking at here?

Ok, what am I looking at here?
    A bit of Googlating says that this is the Shiba Inu puppy cam.

A bit of Googlating says that this is the Shiba Inu puppy cam.
    Clicking the Menu also reveals the same info. I was more interested in the spirit of the site. Who is hosting it and why?

Either way, I'm ruined, won't be able to work.
    Can't.
    Stop.
    Watching.