Page 2886 of 3067 FirstFirst ... 1886238627862836287628842885288628872888289629362986 ... LastLast
Results 57,701 to 57,720 of 61340
  1. #57701
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    It certainly doesn't have a youthful vibe to it, at any location I've been to.
    Kind of like the Bob Evans I stepped in to in Cincinnati.

  2. #57702
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    South Dakota? The only Perkins I have ever seen was in Spearfish, SD. But Im sure Ive missed a lot.
    We have them in NC. Not in Durham, though. And I think I have seen them in SC and GA.

  3. #57703
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    How many degrees from Bacon though?
    Funny enough, one of my best friends from my time at Duke is responsible for The Oracle of Bacon.

  4. #57704
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    I am very much enjoying something that is happening in the world of that which must not be spoken (of) this evening.

  5. #57705
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I am very much enjoying something that is happening in the world of that which must not be spoken (of) this evening.
    Watching a train wreck is always enjoyable as long as you are not a passenger.

  6. #57706
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Watching a train wreck is always enjoyable as long as you are not a passenger.
    Or the person that thought they were the conductor. It really is grand theater at times.

  7. #57707
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I am very much enjoying something that is happening in the world of that which must not be spoken (of) this evening.
    Welcome to Parliamentary government. Having fun yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Watching a train wreck is always enjoyable as long as you are not a passenger.
    We are all passengers though.

  8. #57708
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    I do not think that word means what you think it means.

  9. #57709
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post


    We are all passengers though.
    Don't overthink the analogy.

  10. #57710
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Hah. I made THAT analogy to my new manager about a project I thought was just about to get across the finish line before she jumped in at the final minute for yet another round of very weedy word smithing...

    Not sure how she felt about it but that was how I felt about it.

  11. #57711
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rougemont Nebulae
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Or the person that thought they were the conductor. It really is grand theater at times.
    Clip making the rounds on Twitter of a reasonably collegial convo between Matt Gaetz and AOC. No report of the exact exchange but Matt, Im too old for you! is trending.

  12. #57712
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Clip making the rounds on Twitter of a reasonably collegial convo between Matt Gaetz and AOC. No report of the exact exchange but Matt, Im too old for you! is trending.
    Reports are that the Rs against McCarthy were asking if Ds planned to leave or vote present to lower the voting threshold and help McCarthy, and AOC replied that it wasnt the current plan.

    They would make a cute couple though.
    I do not think that word means what you think it means.

  13. #57713
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rougemont Nebulae
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Reports are that the Rs against McCarthy were asking if Ds planned to leave or vote present to lower the voting threshold and help McCarthy, and AOC replied that it wasnt the current plan.

    They would make a cute couple though.
    Strategically you would think the Democrats would consider it. The 20 Republican hold outs are so firmly entrenched against McCarthy by all reports that McCarthy would have to engage Democrats to get anything passed.

  14. #57714
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Strategically you would think the Democrats would consider it. The 20 Republican hold outs are so firmly entrenched against McCarthy by all reports that McCarthy would have to engage Democrats to get anything passed.
    The problem is that anything the Dems would want in exchange, it is questionable if he could deliver.

  15. #57715
    Sigh, back to work.

  16. #57716
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    The problem is that anything the Dems would want in exchange, it is questionable if he could deliver.
    or "would" deliver...no way to hold him to his word.

    hope this doesn't violate the rules, but for those who may approach this from the D perspective, check out the Carl Hulse analysis on the front page of the Times, just below the large photo:"the fight for speaker revealed..."

  17. #57717
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rougemont Nebulae
    Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    The problem is that anything the Dems would want in exchange, it is questionable if he could deliver.
    Exactly. In this age of absolute polarity perhaps the best thing the Dems can hope for is to "work" with a speaker who is utterly ineffectual. I think the Dems would rather see McCarthy than someone like Scalise or Jordan who may be better at capturing support from the ultra conservatives in the party.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvZI...&start_radio=1 "The piano player starts playin and all of sudden French rolls started coming up out of the audience, they're throwing 'em, and Larry Fine yells from the wings 'Hold out for roast beef!'"--Mo Howard

  18. #57718
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Where is Clem with a good fart joke?

  19. #57719
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Sigh, back to work.
    Feels like Ive been shot out of a darn cannon

  20. #57720
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Where is Clem with a good fart joke?
    Flatulence awareness is actually a personal cause of mine.

    I even fired from my job for handing out flyers on flatulence awareness at a staff meeting.

    Unfortunately, I let one rip.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •