Page 2859 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 18592359275928092849285728582859286028612869290929593359 ... LastLast
Results 57,161 to 57,180 of 67404
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    The sheriff says they have not heard anything that would specifically point to the drag show connection. I am sure they are looking into that, which would greatly narrow down the suspect list. A really, really horrible AND stupid thing to do since, if caught, they could be charged with domestic terrorism.

My SIL's mother is in an assisted living facility in Pinehurst. I am sure they have some sort of backup generator for emergency equipment, but think of the elderly living at home with no heat last night. Or folks who depend on oxygen machines or other life-dependent equipment. Think of all the food people will have to toss. When they get them, they need to be made examples.

Done ranting. This really pissed me off in case you can't tell.
    Well, the article I read has a quote from the woman who organized the protest saying that investigators had come to her house, but she insisted that she had nothing to do with it and that the power outage was an act of God.

I've rarely read a more guilty sounding denial.

The sheriff says they have not heard anything that would specifically point to the drag show connection. I am sure they are looking into that, which would greatly narrow down the suspect list. A really, really horrible AND stupid thing to do since, if caught, they could be charged with domestic terrorism.

My SIL's mother is in an assisted living facility in Pinehurst. I am sure they have some sort of backup generator for emergency equipment, but think of the elderly living at home with no heat last night. Or folks who depend on oxygen machines or other life-dependent equipment. Think of all the food people will have to toss. When they get them, they need to be made examples.

I have worked in the hospital where the generators failed to kick on. And people die. I once hand bagged a baby for 3 hours when this occurred because there is no battery backup for some devices. This is more serious than people realize.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Well, the article I read has a quote from the woman who organized the protest saying that investigators had come to her house, but she insisted that she had nothing to do with it and that the power outage was an act of God.

I've rarely read a more guilty sounding denial.
    Unless it was former ball handling wizard God Shammgod with a rifle then it was some redneck from Moore County. And the Venn diagram of residents from Moore County and rednecks from Moore County is basically a circle.

Oh, yeah, whoever did this committed a very VERY serious crime with potentially deadly consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Oh, yeah, whoever did this committed a very VERY serious crime with potentially deadly consequences.
    I left you a present in another thread and I've been smiling for about 15 minutes waiting for you to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I left you a present in another thread and I've been smiling for about 15 minutes waiting for you to find it.
    I see what you did there... Tied me in knots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I see what you did there... Tied me in knots.
    Hahaha!

Unless it was former ball handling wizard God Shammgod with a rifle then it was some redneck from Moore County. And the Venn diagram of residents from Moore County and rednecks from Moore County is basically a circle.
    As bundabergdevil mentioned earlier, it must be someone with knowledge of EXACTLY where to shoot. So maybe they can narrow it down to a much smaller circle in your diagram of former or current electrical persons w/ties to the protest group. As I said, the sheriff said they had not found any connections, but I am sure they are looking hard at them.

Whoever did this thinks he's really clever, but he will soon find out what a dumbass he really is.

If I were a mod, I would correct all thread titles to be grammatically correct. For example, those that use an apostrophe s to indicate plurality. Not that there's any thread out there like that currently, mind you. it's merely a hypothetical.

It seems my pedantry knows no bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    If I were a mod, I would correct all thread titles to be grammatically correct. For example, those that use an apostrophe s to indicate plurality. Not that there's any thread out there like that currently, mind you. it's merely a hypothetical.

It seems my pedantry knows no bounds.
    I have a co-worker who does that all the time. Drives me nut's.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Thank's for a good laugh today!

Haha...exactly!

I blame my discipline. Those fine details - when missed - can cause hours of heartache. I've been bitten once too many time's.

Drives me nut's.
    Also, in my head this is said with a thick Irish accent.

Pirate accent for me.

Pirate accent for me.
    Sure, yeah. An Irish pirate. Didn't I say that?

Sure, yeah. An Irish pirate. Didn't I say that?
    I didn't read the subtext. My bad.

A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel sticking out of his pants.

The bartender says “hey, do you know you’ve got a steering wheel sticking out of your pants?”

The pirate replies “Aye — and it’s driving me nuts!”

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

The bartender says “hey, do you know you’ve got a steering wheel sticking out of your pants?”

I believe it should be "nut's".

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

The EXACT joke I was thinking about.

I haven't clicked on it yet, but I assume that the thread in question relates to various things possessed by Duke point guards.

You know, like

Bobby Hurley's assist record
    Quinn Synder's hair
    Wojo's floor slapping
    Sean Dockery's half court buzzer beater vs Va Tech
    Tre Jones's intentional missed FT vs Carolina
    Andre Buckner's shove of Matt Doherty

I am more puzzled by a particular long-running thread which includes more than 880 posts without any mention of a Rolex that tells time in the form of a question.