Page 283 of 2315 FirstFirst ... 1832332732812822832842852933333837831283 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,660 of 46281
  1. #5641
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Cool - facebook just showed me an ad for these:

    http://www.simpleshoes.com/search.aspx?searchfor=duke

    I may have to get some for BBall season.

  2. #5642
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Cool - facebook just showed me an ad for these:

    http://www.simpleshoes.com/search.aspx?searchfor=duke

    I may have to get some for BBall season.
    Those are very cool. I received a pair of Duke Crocs for Christmas. Shoes are fun! (See my prior shoe confession. )

  3. #5643
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Mary's Place
    Wow, post 5400 and counting... Are y'all trying to get to 6000 before the weekend?

    I have never tried on or owned a pair of crocs - are they something a grown man should consider wearing? I might consider it if they had a Duke logo on them...

    P.S. Whoo hoo, Grant Hill!!

    P.P.S. With the election finally here, it's time to start dialing up a new avatar... hmmm...
    Last edited by Turk; 11-04-2008 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Grant Hill!!

  4. #5644
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Wow, post 5400 and counting... Are y'all trying to get to 6000 before the weekend?

    I have never tried on or owned a pair of crocs - are they something a grown man should consider wearing? I might consider it if they had a Duke logo on them...

    P.S. Whoo hoo, Grant Hill!!

    P.P.S. With the election finally here, it's time to start dialing up a new avatar... hmmm...
    Congrats on the Grant Hill status.

    I think a grown man should consider wearing anything if it has Duke on it! I especially like the crocs when working in the garden/washing the car etc. as water doesn't ruin them.


    eta - I have now achieved Shane Battier status. Since he is a future president of the country, I think it is fitting that I reach this milestone on election day.

    2535 - can you memorialize this in the Whatever thread for me?
    Last edited by DukieInKansas; 11-04-2008 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Shane Battier status

  5. #5645
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Wow, post 5400 and counting... Are y'all trying to get to 6000 before the weekend?

    I have never tried on or owned a pair of crocs - are they something a grown man should consider wearing? I might consider it if they had a Duke logo on them...

    P.S. Whoo hoo, Grant Hill!!

    P.P.S. With the election finally here, it's time to start dialing up a new avatar... hmmm...
    I wear them around the house and locally with the strap flipped forward. They're very comfortable.

  6. #5646
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Congrats on the Grant Hill status.

    I think a grown man should consider wearing anything if it has Duke on it! I especially like the crocs when working in the garden/washing the car etc. as water doesn't ruin them.


    eta - I have now achieved Shane Battier status. Since he is a future president of the country, I think it is fitting that I reach this milestone on election day.

    2535 - can you memorialize this in the Whatever thread for me?
    Post away deary. I've got the screengrab and shall immortalize you and Sir Turk shortly.

  7. #5647
    Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Post away deary. I've got the screengrab and shall immortalize you and Sir Turk shortly.
    Thank you so much. You are a fantastic person.

    And I'm back to being a starter.

  8. #5648
    Looks like this one finally overtook me. Congrats to the whole LTE crowd.

  9. #5649
    It took a village...

  10. #5650
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Augustine, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    It took a village...
    Isn't that Hillary's line?

  11. #5651
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Isn't that Hillary's line?
    If you repeat it three times, it becomes your line.

  12. #5652
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    It took a village...
    Who took a village? And, where did they take it?

  13. #5653
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    In no particular order - Holiday Inn, White Christmas, A Charlie Brown Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street (the original). Christmas isn't complete without seeing these. Also, I have to watch the Pope on TV after returning from the late Christmas Eve service at my church.

    I may get disqualified by not putting It's A Wonderful Life on the list. I like it but it isn't a favorite. Also, I have never seen How the Grinch Stole Christmas - either version. Please don't hold this against me, Wilson.
    I'm a bit late weighing in on this, and I sort of regret to inform you, but not having seen the Grinch (the animated one, the original...the Jim Carrey version is an abomination and basically doesn't exist in my world) is a serious strike against your candidacy. I will, however, name you Assistant to the Head Elf if you promise to see it this season.

  14. #5654
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I'm a bit late weighing in on this, and I sort of regret to inform you, but not having seen the Grinch (the animated one, the original...the Jim Carrey version is an abomination and basically doesn't exist in my world) is a serious strike against your candidacy. I will, however, name you Assistant to the Head Elf if you promise to see it this season.
    Can I do penance in another format? It has become a point of honor that I haven't seen it - just to bug a friend of mine. I can sing the song.

  15. #5655
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Augustine, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Who took a village? And, where did they take it?
    Cousin It took the village.

    I think it was an invasion followed by body snatching. Breaking reports speculate that the buildings and infrastructure remain largely intact.

  16. #5656
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Can I do penance in another format? It has become a point of honor that I haven't seen it - just to bug a friend of mine. I can sing the song.
    Purchase a copy of the Grinch, watch it immediately. Then taunt Wilson for not having seen Fight Club yet. Or has he?

  17. #5657
    Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Purchase a copy of the Grinch, watch it immediately. Then taunt Wilson for not having seen Fight Club yet. Or has he?
    I can't taunt him for not having seen Fight Club for two reasons:
    1. You don't talk about Fight Club
    2. I haven't seen Fight Club.

  18. #5658
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I can't taunt him for not having seen Fight Club for two reasons:
    1. You don't talk about Fight Club
    2. I haven't seen Fight Club.
    Looks like you need to rent TWO movies. Get busy sister!

  19. #5659
    Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Post away deary. I've got the screengrab and shall immortalize you and Sir Turk shortly.
    Thank you for posting the screengrab for us.

  20. #5660
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Whenever I'm asked about my favorite Christmas movie, I always say Casablanca.

    Not a Christmas movie you say? It is in my house.

    But, if you hold me to a holiday theme, I have to go with A Charlie Brown Christmas. Still not a movie but I never miss it. And I can do a decent impression of all the dancers, even Violet's 'Safety Dance'. Watch it. You'll know where Men Without Hats got their inspiration. (Violet can't dance.)

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •