Page 2812 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 18122312271227622802281028112812281328142822286229123312 ... LastLast
Results 56,221 to 56,240 of 67415
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    local man driving his Jaguar at 100 mph hits cow in road. Cow and driver (sounds like a magazine) both deceased.
    Not to make light of it but this does sound like a magazine for the Chick-fil-A cows actually.

local man driving his Jaguar at 100 mph hits cow in road. Cow and driver (sounds like a magazine) both deceased.
    I think this falls into the category of Dad jokes.

It takes ten-tickles to make an octopus laugh.

I was in the absolute last group to be able to select classes for 2nd semester freshman year. All the seminars I wanted were taken so I had to enroll in a seminar called something like, "From the Art of the Pleasure Quarters to Tokyo Pop". Ended up being one of Bob Ross' happy little accidents. Learned a lot about squid and octopus that year.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    It takes ten-tickles to make an octopus laugh.

I was in the absolute last group to be able to select classes for 2nd semester freshman year. All the seminars I wanted were taken so I had to enroll in a seminar called something like, "From the Art of the Pleasure Quarters to Tokyo Pop". Ended up being one of Bob Ross' happy little accidents. Learned a lot about squid and octopus that year.
    I'm genuinely sorry that when I attended Duke there just weren't very many non traditional courses...lots and lots of more interesting courses in recent decades...geezer lament.

Quiet here. Took a cat to have a growth removed from her leg, she is still there under anesthesia. Other cats are avoiding me. She and her brother have never been apart this long.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Quiet here. Took a cat to have a growth removed from her leg, she is still there under anesthesia. Other cats are avoiding me. She and her brother have never been apart this long.
    Sorry about your cat and how the other cats are dealing with it. As for my silence today, I'm trying to make restaurant quality taco meat and I'm nervous. I think I'm carrying the pressure in my shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I'm trying to make restaurant quality taco meat and I'm nervous. I think I'm carrying the pressure in my shoulders.
    Follow up: it was excellent.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Poor kitty. Hope she recovers comfortably.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    This is the kind of stuff I mean when I tell my sons "Don't be knuckleheads." Poor cow, poor family of man, poor owner of cow.

Major foliage tour today featuring unexpected Central American cuisine (town with lot of Hispanic farm workers), great cemetery tour and a superior Maple Creemee (nomenclature for soft service ice cream here). Nappy time.

Yay or Nay? Promoting your kid’s Girl Scout cookie video on your company’s parenting slack that reaches thousands of employees globally.

Yay or Nay? Promoting your kid’s Girl Scout cookie video on your company’s parenting slack that reaches thousands of employees globally.
    Nay, I would think most major companies would have rules against such.

Sorry about your cat and how the other cats are dealing with it. As for my silence today, I'm trying to make restaurant quality taco meat and I'm nervous. I think I'm carrying the pressure in my shoulders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Poor kitty. Hope she recovers comfortably.

Thanks, she is recovering but I won't describe it as happily.

20221011_190132.jpg

Nay, I would think most major companies would have rules against such.
    Yeah, that was sort of my reaction, too. It WAS a parent-specific work support Slack but it has mostly been used to ask questions about benefits, work-life balance, share funny stories, etc. First time I've seen a naked promotion!

Yeah, that was sort of my reaction, too. It WAS a parent-specific work support Slack but it has mostly been used to ask questions about benefits, work-life balance, share funny stories, etc. First time I've seen a naked promotion!
    Which seems way worse than a naked attempt to turn the page of something like a political thread.

Which seems way worse than a naked attempt to turn the page of something like a political thread.

Either way, TMI.

Either way, TMI.
    Look who it is, Lil Timmy TMI!

Look who it is, Lil Timmy TMI!

Timmy fell down the well, did they rescue him in time?

Timmy fell down the well, did they rescue him in time?
    We're sending our love down the well.

We're sending our love down the well.
    Get well soon, Timmy!