Page 2808 of 2861 FirstFirst ... 180823082708275827982806280728082809281028182858 ... LastLast
Results 56,141 to 56,160 of 57208
  1. #56141
    Is it too far to say that the death penalty should be reserved for only the most serious offenses against society, like cruising slowly in the lefthand passing lane, surreptitiously vaping inside and listening to anything like music or a show on your phone without headphones? Those are the 3 worst things I can think of.

  2. #56142
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Is it too far to say that the death penalty should be reserved for only the most serious offenses against society, like cruising slowly in the lefthand passing lane, surreptitiously vaping inside and listening to anything like music or a show on your phone without headphones? Those are the 3 worst things I can think of.
    so you're fine with people who don't ever use turn signals?

  3. #56143
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Just when I thought I was familiar with all the mythical ape creatures along comes the Albatwitch and gives me a goose.

    https://albatwitchday.com/home

  4. #56144
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    so you're fine with people who don't ever use turn signals?
    My husband often accuses me of being too timid behind the wheel. I finally learned after 30 years of marriage to respond with, "No, I just imagine that it's you driving the other car."

  5. #56145
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    so you're fine with people who don't ever use turn signals?
    I would be ok with hobbling them. Breaking one of their limbs and not allowing it to be repaired. Therefore it would always be an impediment. But not the death penalty for that. I'm not a monster.

  6. #56146
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I would be ok with hobbling them. Breaking one of their limbs and not allowing it to be repaired. Therefore it would always be an impediment. But not the death penalty for that. I'm not a monster.
    Well, that's good, because it is a state law in Tennessee that turn signals are not to be used. At least, that is the only conclusion I have been able to draw after three years of observation.

  7. #56147
    Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Well, that's good, because it is a state law in Tennessee that turn signals are not to be used. At least, that is the only conclusion I have been able to draw after three years of observation.
    They should all be walking with a limp.

  8. #56148
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    I really like mushrooms.

  9. #56149
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    I don't want to post them for fear of death by flame but, after reading the front page article on Bacot, I'm kind of thinking Duke and UNC have switched places as far as program prerogatives go. UNC seems to be cultivating a lot more college-minded players since their, uh, ethics blip. Duke used to be THE college-focused players destination but that's been turned on its head the last 8-10 years.

    Interested in seeing where Scheyer takes it.

  10. #56150
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Interested in seeing where Scheyer takes it.

    Which may be greatly influenced by where the NBA heads...

  11. #56151
    It is Fat Bear Week...

  12. #56152
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    It is Fat Bear Week...
    Um, what?!?! Link please!

  13. #56153
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Um, what?!?! Link please!
    linky

    -jk

  14. #56154
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Um, what?!?! Link please!

  15. #56155
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Oh, baby! Those are some chonky bears!

  16. #56156
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    so you're fine with people who don't ever use turn signals?
    Turn signals are just a suggestion...

  17. #56157
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Turn signals are just a suggestion...
    For many people they tend to be an afterthought. People suddenly slow down, turn the wheel, and THEN put on the turn signal, which somewhat defeats the purpose, assuming there is one.

  18. #56158
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta 'burbs
    Using a turn signal is very inconvenient when using a cell phone while absently minded driving.

  19. #56159
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Using a turn signal is very inconvenient when using a cell phone while absently minded driving.
    Thank you. Exactly. At least someone gets it.

  20. #56160
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Using a turn signal is very inconvenient when using a cell phone while absently minded driving.
    I never use a cell phone while driving to work. It's too distracting and makes it almost impossible to get a proper shave with my electric razor.*



    *I have one that makes "mowing" sound when cutting whiskers so you don't need to constantly be looking in the mirror to see where you've shaved. Much safer that way.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •