Page 2804 of 2920 FirstFirst ... 1804230427042754279428022803280428052806281428542904 ... LastLast
Results 56,061 to 56,080 of 58386
  1. #56061
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You grow up in the area? I feel like they never make movies about growing up in the desert. It’s always Michigan. Or California.
    I went to HS in AZ.

  2. #56062
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I went to HS in AZ.
    What was that like? What was big with the kids? How’d you get into trouble?

    I assume finding places to park and spark is much harder in a desert.

  3. #56063
    It's almost 60 in Hamilton, but really windy. Which sucks. Wearing my toque. Which I called a toboggan growing up. Not the sled.

  4. #56064
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I assume finding places to park and spark is much harder in a desert.
    Hard as hell in the mountains too if you look like me.

  5. #56065
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Hard as hell in the mountains too if you look like me.
    *Wonders what CD looks like*

  6. #56066
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    *Wonders what CD looks like*
    7 miles of bad road

  7. #56067
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You grow up in the area? I feel like they never make movies about growing up in the desert. It’s always Michigan. Or California.
    I grew up in the Southeast (Alabama/Georgia/NW FL), so when they do, it won’t be my story. Maybe my kids’. The National Lampoon full issue of O.C. and Stiggs’ “Utterly Monstrous, Mind-roasting Summer” was pretty funny as I remember, but the movie stunk.

    http://www.luckyfrogfarms.com/cook/N...82/1982_10.pdf

    (Yikes, just read the first two paragraphs- didn’t age well.)
    Last edited by missfinch; 10-02-2022 at 07:59 PM.

  8. #56068
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    I grew up in the Southeast (Alabama/Georgia/NW FL), so when they do, it won’t be my story. Maybe my kids’. The National Lampoon full issue of O.C. and Stiggs’ “Utterly Monstrous, Mind-roasting Summer” was pretty funny as I remember, but the movie stunk.

    http://www.luckyfrogfarms.com/cook/N...82/1982_10.pdf

    (Yikes, just read the first two paragraphs- didn’t age well.)
    You're talking about the 17 pages of Camel ads, right?

    I rewatched Porky's a few weekends ago and my dad read me Edgar Rice Burroughs when I was growing up. Lots of stuff doesn't age too well.

    American Pie came out while I was in high school. It. Is. Awful!

  9. #56069
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You're talking about the 17 pages of Camel ads, right?
    That’s the least of it!

  10. #56070
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Hard as hell in the mountains too if you look like me.
    You have more game in the great plains? I'm confused.

    Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    That’s the least of it!
    You should post the most of it here and see what happens!

  11. #56071
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You should post the most of it here and see what happens!
    Um, no. I’m staying away from the midterms thread for a reason.

  12. #56072
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    Um, no. I’m staying away from the midterms thread for a reason.
    Got it. You strike me as a mean cusser!

  13. #56073
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    What was that like? What was big with the kids? How’d you get into trouble?

    I assume finding places to park and spark is much harder in a desert.
    It was hot? I went to a fairly new high school, we were the 6th graduating class and I believe the 3rd that had all 4 years there. Cars were big, musclecar era cars. There were some nice Chevelles and a couple Shelby's, with a multitude of mid 70s Camaros/Firebids, etc. A lucky few had late '80s Mustangs and the occasional IROC-Z. I hung out a lot with the Datsun Z crowd. I lived at 56th Street and Thunderbird, a couple miles north on the other side of Bell Road you started running into open land and horse farms, Arabians in particular. Places to hide in the desert were plentiful, if you had a car that could handle the terrain. If things got too hot, relocating on foot was a viable option, just be wary of barbed wire.

  14. #56074
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I lived at 56th Street and Thunderbird
    I pass right by there every Tuesday!

  15. #56075
    Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    I pass right by there every Tuesday!
    We were actually a couple blocks north on 56th. In the 5 years we lived there, they dug up 56th 3 times to install drainage etc. We were on the west side of it, across the street was an Arabian horse farm. They sold out and it was all residential by the time I finished at Duke.

  16. #56076
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    We were actually a couple blocks north on 56th. In the 5 years we lived there, they dug up 56th 3 times to install drainage etc. We were on the west side of it, across the street was an Arabian horse farm. They sold out and it was all residential by the time I finished at Duke.
    Yeah, I’ve been here since ‘85 so I’ve seen a lot of that.

  17. #56077
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    We were actually a couple blocks north on 56th. In the 5 years we lived there, they dug up 56th 3 times to install drainage etc. We were on the west side of it, across the street was an Arabian horse farm. They sold out and it was all residential by the time I finished at Duke.
    Big trucks and mustangs at my school. Friday night lights and homecoming boutineers that touched the ground.

  18. #56078
    Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    Yeah, I’ve been here since ‘85 so I’ve seen a lot of that.
    We got there in '85 also, summer of '90 was my last there. My parents moved to CA but returned in '02 and have been there since.

  19. #56079
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Big trucks and mustangs at my school. Friday night lights and homecoming boutineers that touched the ground.
    Not a lot of big trucks, a few. We were definitely more suburban that way. And while they have proliferated, Texas has many more to this day. Quite noticeable when I visit the parents.

  20. #56080
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Big trucks and mustangs at my school. Friday night lights and homecoming boutineers that touched the ground.
    Same, but not new ones. (Trucks and mustangs I mean. Homecoming mums seemed reasonably fresh.) And Camaros, also mostly older. HS bf was a Z-28 guy.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •