Page 2766 of 3388 FirstFirst ... 17662266266627162756276427652766276727682776281628663266 ... LastLast
Results 55,301 to 55,320 of 67754
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I knew what that was gonna be before I even clicked on it!
    Sounds like you’re a real catch!

I’m not covering any new ground by saying this but for Pete’s sake can we get past Labor Day before selling Halloween crap!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I had a Texas chili sampler in Austin today for lunch. 3 different types. The Texas red was delicious. The white bean chicken chili was very good. The best was the black bean habaňero. It was holy crap (and actually deserves the expletive) hot, but the best chili I have ever eaten. I love spicy and this was teetering on the edge of enjoyable. I would rate the spicy factor at an 8.5 for me. A 9 on my scale is spicy as a means of gratuitous violence. 9s will make you pace the floor. 9.5s make me stop eating them. Too uncomfortable. This has happened to me twice and both times with Indian food. I just quit eating. Too much pain. 10s are theoretical.
    Those chaps in Thailand know how to pile on the heat. They've felled me several times. Thermonuclear peppers.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Those chaps in Thailand know how to pile on the heat. They've felled me several times. Thermonuclear peppers.
    So I hear. The Thai choose violence with spice.

I had a Texas chili sampler in Austin today for lunch. 3 different types. The Texas red was delicious. The white bean chicken chili was very good. The best was the black bean habaňero. It was holy crap (and actually deserves the expletive) hot, but the best chili I have ever eaten. I love spicy and this was teetering on the edge of enjoyable. I would rate the spicy factor at an 8.5 for me. A 9 on my scale is spicy as a means of gratuitous violence. 9s will make you pace the floor. 9.5s make me stop eating them. Too uncomfortable. This has happened to me twice and both times with Indian food. I just quit eating. Too much pain. 10s are theoretical.
    The hottest dish I've ever had that I still enjoyed was a lamb vindaloo at an Indian restaurant in NYC.

I need two extra napkins to mop my forehead.*

*My forehead extends well back over the crown of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    The hottest dish I've ever had that I still enjoyed was a lamb vindaloo at an Indian restaurant in NYC.

I need two extra napkins to mop my forehead.*

*My forehead extends well back over the crown of my head.
    Yep. Vindaloo both times. Once lamb in Ghana and the other shrimp in Montreal.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    General consensus seems to be that pumps are good for roughly 20 years. So this one is in the sixteenth inning or so. We do have three high quality well pump companies near me since few homes have “town” water. I often get proactive but given the shabby nature of a lot of new hardware I am inclined to stay put. Might be a dumb move
    So, I'll differ from aimo in that I wouldn't replace it just yet. A lot of that 20 year life is dictated by the size of the household and associated usage. As it just you and Mrs. budwom, I'm guessing that the usage is likely lower than many of those 20 year pumps. That is a key element here. In my new job, like my old job, I look at a lot of data. This time, instead of telematics data from people's phones, I look at maintenance and breakdown data for a large organization and all of its equipment. That data suggests the super duper significant factor in predicting a breakdown is usage. In an earlier run through the data, we identified time since last preventive maintenance activity as a significant factor. This was highly suggestive that who was performing the maintenance was an important factor. So, here I side 100% with aimo, who is doing the work is very important. I would discuss the issue with the 3 vendors, get a ballpark estimate of the cost, whether they keep the appropriate pump in stock, and the installation experience of the vendors. I would then determine who I would use and keep them on speed dial (does anyone still have that?). And debate whether to purchase the pump beforehand if they don't keep it in stock.

Slowrolling our way into the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Optimist? It’s Tuesday am.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    Optimist? It’s Tuesday am.
    Tuesday is its own special beast. Just a miserable skintag of a day.

Residing in Greenville SC as I do, I found this story interesting.

GVL take on a foodie road trip to Raleigh.

Tuesdays are the worst.

Mondays, you have the rosy afterglow of the weekend. Tuesday, you’re a long way from shore no matter how you look at it.

Residing in Greenville SC as I do, I found this story interesting.

GVL take on a foodie road trip to Raleigh.
    Oh. I come down all the time for work. Let's meet up. Greenville is GREAT!

Any time starting in September would be good.

I have two things going on for the rest of August
    1. Bunion surgery on 08/04 has me off of the right foot until 08/31
    2. Positive Covid test on 08/20. 10 days --> 08/30

If stuff happens in 3s I'm waiting for the third shoe do drop.

Did you make the Paul Bunion joke? In the world of foot related humor, it is up there with the best jokes. Hope you feel better!

So, I'll differ from aimo in that I wouldn't replace it just yet. A lot of that 20 year life is dictated by the size of the household and associated usage. As it just you and Mrs. budwom, I'm guessing that the usage is likely lower than many of those 20 year pumps. That is a key element here. In my new job, like my old job, I look at a lot of data. This time, instead of telematics data from people's phones, I look at maintenance and breakdown data for a large organization and all of its equipment. That data suggests the super duper significant factor in predicting a breakdown is usage. In an earlier run through the data, we identified time since last preventive maintenance activity as a significant factor. This was highly suggestive that who was performing the maintenance was an important factor. So, here I side 100% with aimo, who is doing the work is very important. I would discuss the issue with the 3 vendors, get a ballpark estimate of the cost, whether they keep the appropriate pump in stock, and the installation experience of the vendors. I would then determine who I would use and keep them on speed dial (does anyone still have that?). And debate whether to purchase the pump beforehand if they don't keep it in stock.
    I very much agree. We are a two person household and have been for 32 years...it goes against my grain to replace something that currently works very well, especially since it is apt to be replaced by a less robust pump.

The thing about Vermont is, almost everyone has a well pump (not much town or city water here) so the three vendors I know of all have good reputations and have been around for 50+ years (they do well drilling as well). One of is within three miles and is very competent (they replaced my pressure tank in the basement once). So I'm going with what I have and will take the rap when the system goes. Even if it happens in Winter, I'll just need a frontloader (I know just the guy) to clear away the snow and access will be easy. All part of the home maintenance festival!

You guys must speak German! The SC Autobahn is something...

Mmmmmhmmmm. I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    [/B][/I]

Mmmmmhmmmm. I see what you did there.
    Well,

C3E43952-D075-4036-89CC-9C3829BA0E24.jpg

Quiche Lorraine