Page 2752 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 17522252265227022742275027512752275327542762280228523252 ... LastLast
Results 55,021 to 55,040 of 67383
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Literally...needs a lot of work to get it right but I need a blue car.

https://www.clasiq.com/auction/1972-buick-gs/
    Sweet!

My car repairs are finished and it looks like a new car! I had the repairs done in Mt Airy because no one in Winston-Salem could do them before October I was told (called 5 different places). The body shop in Mt Airy got it completely finished in 4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    My car repairs are finished and it looks like a new car! I had the repairs done in Mt Airy because no one in Winston-Salem could do them before October I was told (called 5 different places). The body shop in Mt Airy got it completely finished in 4 days.
    Goober do a good job for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    We know it wasn't Gomer ... he only does gas.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Literally...needs a lot of work to get it right but I need a blue car.

https://www.clasiq.com/auction/1972-buick-gs/
    They don't make 'em like that any more! (Thank goodness.)

-jk

Trying to figure out if we can swing a long Veterans Day weekend in Ocracoke this fall. Definitely the best time to be there. Usually spend at least one night in Buxton, mostly just to hit Orange Blossom Bakery at least once. We stay at Captain's Landing on Ocracoke. Very clean, nice porches/balconies, view of the lighthouse. (sigh!)
    There's a big hayfield up near Buxton… one in particular. It's got a long rock wall with a big oak tree at the north end. It's like something out of a Robert Frost poem.

Aimo. Aimo. Aimo.

Did I sound like Cary Grant?

Mark it down. Today is the day I lost all hope for humanity.

Yahoo Headline: 11-year-old who saved up money for a lemonade stand was scammed by a man who gave him fake $100 bill and asked for exact change

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post

Yahoo Headline: 11-year-old who saved up money for a lemonade stand was scammed by a man who gave him fake $100 bill and asked for exact change
    Just damn.

Look. It's not my fault he didn't have a counterfeit detection pen. The way I look at it is I didn't take advantage of this child. I taught him a lesson in loss prevention. He should have taken one look at me and thought there was no way this loser has a $100 bill.

He learned a valuable lesson. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    He learned a valuable lesson. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
    You get me.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Aimo. Aimo. Aimo.

Did I sound like Cary Grant?
    No, more like Gomer.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    There's a big hayfield up near Buxton… one in particular. It's got a long rock wall with a big oak tree at the north end. It's like something out of a Robert Frost poem.
    Sounds like something out of Shawshank.
    Last edited by aimo; 08-08-2022 at 08:03 AM.

Exactly what I was thinking. And then SR was on BBC Americas last night.

full quote. sorry, 'buxton' triggered the memory.

There's a big hayfield up near Buxton...One in particular. It's got a long rock wall, a big oak tree at the north end. It's like something out of a Robert Frost poem. It's where I asked my wife to marry me. We went there for a picnic and made love under that oak and I asked and she said yes. Promise me, Red. If you ever get out, find that spot. In the base of that wall, you'll find a rock that has no earthly business in a Maine hayfield. A piece of black, volcanic glass. There's something buried under it I want you to have.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    full quote. sorry, 'buxton' triggered the memory.

There's a big hayfield up near Buxton...One in particular. It's got a long rock wall, a big oak tree at the north end. It's like something out of a Robert Frost poem. It's where I asked my wife to marry me. We went there for a picnic and made love under that oak and I asked and she said yes. Promise me, Red. If you ever get out, find that spot. In the base of that wall, you'll find a rock that has no earthly business in a Maine hayfield. A piece of black, volcanic glass. There's something buried under it I want you to have.
    Ah! I remembered most of the quote, but apparently forgot the Buxton part. Haven't watched it in a while. I saw it was on BBCA last night, too, but had already missed most of it.

years from now they will still be reviewing academic papers about my Costco visit today. Out the door in 20 minutes, spend $557. Who doesn't love five and a half pounds of filet mignons?

My exact thought!