Page 2745 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 17452245264526952735274327442745274627472755279528453245 ... LastLast
Results 54,881 to 54,900 of 67668
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I think my hips lie. On the dance floor they look like they're made of liquid rather than bone.
    Because you’re such a fluid dancer?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yes.

Yes.
    Or do you dance only when you've consumed a lot of fluids?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    He gets a little sudsy when he twerks?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Nope. I will dance anytime!

Up at 3:00 to fly to Louisiana to care for a sick baby. 2nd one of these in a week. I usually do 2 a year.

Up at 3:00 to fly to Louisiana to care for a sick baby. 2nd one of these in a week. I usually do 2 a year.
    What kind of illness?

What kind of illness?
    Extreme prematurity. Born at 22 weeks. 40 is term.

Extreme prematurity. Born at 22 weeks. 40 is term.
    Oh, wow. Good luck. That’s bordering on the earliest viable delivery, isn’t it? It’s been a few years but I was posting here while our son was in the NICU at 32 weeks, which is stressful enough but I vividly remember the corners of the ward on 24/7 for the <25 week babies.

Oh, wow. Good luck. That’s bordering on the earliest viable delivery, isn’t it? It’s been a few years but I was posting here while our son was in the NICU at 32 weeks, which is stressful enough but I vividly remember the corners of the ward on 24/7 for the <25 week babies.
    Yes. This is edge of viability stuff. Which is the name of the PowerPoint (actually Keynote) lecture I give to potential customers when they invite me in. This is a hospital which had this kid pop out and it failed other means of ventilation with pretty significant lung damage. We flew our device in as a last resort and I assisted in setup via Zoom yesterday afternoon and booked this flight to go sit at the bedside. The worst case I have ever had to do this for was the medical director's grand daughter once in NY. STRESSFUL.

Yes. This is edge of viability stuff. Which is the name of the PowerPoint (actually Keynote) lecture I give to potential customers when they invite me in. This is a hospital which had this kid pop out and it failed other means of ventilation with pretty significant lung damage. We flew our device in as a last resort and I assisted in setup via Zoom yesterday afternoon and booked this flight to go sit at the bedside. The worst case I have ever had to do this for was the medical director's grand daughter once in NY. STRESSFUL.
    Fingers crossed and wishing for you a very successful trip.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Fingers crossed and wishing for you a very successful trip.
    Thanks. Honestly this kid is in pretty dire shape. I am going to consult and hopefully we can find the magic bullet that will help us turn the corner. But I would say the chances for success are below 25% at this point. This sounds morbid, but I view my job as showing people how to avoid this situation as much as possible. But I tell them you can't completely avoid it. The babies are too fragile and there are too many bad things (sepsis and cerebral insult being the most devastating and most common) that can happen. But we can improve ourcomes with improved ventilation strategies.

Thanks. Honestly this kid is in pretty dire shape. I am going to consult and hopefully we can find the magic bullet that will help us turn the corner. But I would say the chances for success are below 25% at this point. This sounds morbid, but I view my job as showing people how to avoid this situation as much as possible. But I tell them you can't completely avoid it. The babies are too fragile and there are too many bad things (sepsis and cerebral insult being the most devastating and most common) that can happen. But we can improve ourcomes with improved ventilation strategies.
    Hate to quote myself, but by morbid I mean that we probably can't fix this situation. But we can learn from this and hopefully affect positive change moving forward. I don't see this as morbid at all. I see this as hopeful. Even though this kid probably won't make it.

Hate to quote myself, but by morbid I mean that we probably can't fix this situation. But we can learn from this and hopefully affect positive change moving forward. I don't see this as morbid at all. I see this as hopeful. Even though this kid probably won't make it.
    Thank you for the wonderful work you do, and for the obvious extreme caring in your heart.

To me this isn't HUGE deal, but it is one more little deal that is eroding my level of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Thank you for the wonderful work you do, and for the obvious extreme caring in your heart.
    That's very kind of you, but the thing that makes me good at my job is I'm an I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.. I'm pissed off about just how poorly these kids are managed. I just have to find a nice way to say that.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    To me this isn't HUGE deal, but it is one more little deal that is eroding my level of interest.
    Interest in ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Interest in ?
    I assume he means the reluctance of the medical establishment to break from long-held dogmatic views of neonatal ventilation in the face of mounting evidence that there is a better path forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    That’s Ymo levels of cryptic

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I assume he means the reluctance of the medical establishment to break from long-held dogmatic views of neonatal ventilation in the face of mounting evidence that there is a better path forward.
    Of course, but there might be something else too.