Page 274 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1742242642722732742752762843243747741274 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,480 of 67393
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    I wonder if Billybreen is hidden in Yankee Stadium.
    I just hope he's not buried in Giants Stadium next to Jimmy Hoffa.

Unsolved Mysteries

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    I just ate some smoked ribs.

-EarlJam
    Perhaps Earljam and Billybreen are located in the basements of barbecue/rib joints.

Where are billybreen and Earljam?

FWIW, Chacha isn't helping us with a good answer.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I think you are right, but I can't go back and edit...but am now passing the baton. I have a job and it is calling my name.(And I am sure I will be facing the "haha Duke lost" catcalls.)
    Have we improved in football so much that we are up to this phase, where people expect us to win?

YAY!!

I believe in Coach Cut!!

New hijack

I have been having fun reading some of the older posts in the LTE. See my quotes from billybreen, Earljam, and Ymo in my previous three posts or so.

What are some of everyone else's favorite older LTE posts?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

You guys have been buy this morning. Unfortnatley, I am headed to Connecticut in a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    You guys have been buy this morning. Unfortnatley, I am headed to Connecticut in a few minutes.
    I'm headed to Kentucky this morning. We're in StL this morning. Getting my posts in for the day.

Traveling with sick child. Ycch.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Have we improved in football so much that we are up to this phase, where people expect us to win?

YAY!!

I believe in Coach Cut!!
    True that! Who would've thought we'd be lucky enough to land somene like him.

Look, ma; no puns!

I'm headed to Kentucky this morning. We're in StL this morning. Getting my posts in for the day.

Traveling with sick child. Ycch.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Sorry to hear she's not better. That stinks. Did you even make it to Ted Drewe's?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    My brain is all out of puns. I need to make something to take to a potluck at church tomorrow and I can't even come up with something to make. I better hoof it to the kitchen and make something - I think I'll go with pumpkin bread if I have a can of pumpkin.
    I have a recipe for a pumpkin dessert that's quite good - it uses a yellow cake mix for the crust and for a streusel topping. I really need to dig up that recipe. Ymmm ... pumpkin.

Perhaps Earljam and Billybreen are located in the basements of barbecue/rib joints.

Where are billybreen and Earljam?

FWIW, Chacha isn't helping us with a good answer.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I saw a Far Side cartoon once which proposed that lost socks were in the rings around Saturn. Maybe that's where EarlJam and Billybreen are?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Sorry to hear she's not better. That stinks. Did you even make it to Ted Drewe's?
    I got to meet up with ArkieDukie at Blueberry Hill, and had a Schlafly Saison (Arkie had the Hefeweissen). I will post in Ymm, Beer. Sadly, not a pumpkin ale to be found in the stores.

Christmas ale is around.

Ted Drewes opens at 11AM. Will stop there before leaving town. And we'll also stop at Schnuck's to get provel cheese.

OH NO!! Not that thread hijack!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    While we were robbed of steak-on-a-sword extravaganza[...]
    Ok, we definitely have to talk food before you next come to Chicago. Who comes to Chicago and goes out to eat at a giant chain steakhouse? That's like going to the Cheesecake Factory when you're on vacation in Paris. For the money Fogo charges, you could go to a top notch restaurant, and Chicago has them in spades.

I got to meet up with ArkieDukie at Blueberry Hill, and had a Schlafly Saison (Arkie had the Hefeweissen). I will post in Ymm, Beer. Sadly, not a pumpkin ale to be found in the stores.

Christmas ale is around.

Ted Drewes opens at 11AM. Will stop there before leaving town. And we'll also stop at Schnuck's to get provel cheese.

OH NO!! Not that thread hijack!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Methinks today would be an ideal day for a side trip to Ted Drewe's. Ymmm ... Ted Drewe's.

Great to meet up with you, Lavabe! Maybe next time ILJ can come along as well and we can swap music war stories. (Last night I almost sneezed in the middle of the Lux Aeterna! )

I have been having fun reading some of the older posts in the LTE. See my quotes from billybreen, Earljam, and Ymo in my previous three posts or so.

What are some of everyone else's favorite older LTE posts?

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Sometimes I like to go to the older page numbers and try to resurrect a thread. There are some real gems out there. Today I found wilson's True Story thread.

I saw a Far Side cartoon once which proposed that lost socks were in the rings around Saturn. Maybe that's where EarlJam and Billybreen are?
    From my years at Duke, the lost socks are in the MOFO zone. Someone wrote a comic strip for The Chronicle about this phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavlaw View Post
    Ok, we definitely have to talk food before you next come to Chicago. Who comes to Chicago and goes out to eat at a giant chain steakhouse? That's like going to the Cheesecake Factory when you're on vacation in Paris. For the money Fogo charges, you could go to a top notch restaurant, and Chicago has them in spades.
    Where would you suggest? We are wanting a nice place for dinner on Friday night. We don't like to eat a places that we could go to at home if we can avoid it.

I have a recipe for a pumpkin dessert that's quite good - it uses a yellow cake mix for the crust and for a streusel topping. I really need to dig up that recipe. Ymmm ... pumpkin.
    I substituted unsweetened apple sauce for the cup of oil the recipe calls for. I couldn't tell the difference in taste and just a slight difference in texture. I took 2 loaves to church and kept one. And sent the leftovers home with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Where would you suggest? We are wanting a nice place for dinner on Friday night. We don't like to eat a places that we could go to at home if we can avoid it.
    Depends on what kind of food you might like and what kind of money you might want to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavlaw View Post
    Depends on what kind of food you might like and what kind of money you might want to spend.
    Not sure what people are looking for foodwise but I was thinking $40 to $50 a person w/o drinks. We want nice but not overly extravagant. I haven't asked the birthday girl what she wants but she has been known to try unusual things for a kid, I think. She ate calimari when she was 10. I always like a good steak - but don't like the places that charge $35 for a steak with no potato or vegetable.

Even more important - is there a good wine shop located in the South Loop? (Did I get the location right this time?)