Page 2725 of 3388 FirstFirst ... 17252225262526752715272327242725272627272735277528253225 ... LastLast
Results 54,481 to 54,500 of 67755
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Quietly make up the difference usually.
    Yep, me too. I've even made up the difference for people not in my party.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Yep, me too. I've even made up the difference for people not in my party.
    Wow!!!!

If you have “Ricky Martin accused of incest” on your 2022 bingo card, congratulations!

Quietly make up the difference usually.
    and avoid them in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    and avoid them in the future.
    Right or wrong, someone who is a bad Tipper makes me think they aren't a particularly thoughtful and generous person. Maybe that's an overgeneralization, but it's definitely what I think.

Right or wrong, someone who is a bad Tipper makes me think they aren't a particularly thoughtful and generous person. Maybe that's an overgeneralization, but it's definitely what I think.
    I avoid those people. I'm embarrassed to be with them, and don't want to be associated with their cheapness...I've been a waiter, I know how it works. Some people are ALWAYS looking for an excuse to tip poorly, blaming the waitperson for stuff outside their control, like kitchen snafus. And yes, folks who tip poorly (by my experience) tend to be cheapskates in other ways...

I think you’re right, in general, and in particular in YBT’s situation where most people would want to make extra sure they weren’t being cheap.

But what to do if one of those people is your mother-in-law?

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    But what to do if one of those people is your mother-in-law?
    ooooh. Awkward, eh? We know someone with whom we will no longer dine because of her atrocious tipping who has felt compelled to tell us in the past that she's worth $18 million...I guess cheapness may have contributed to that.

ooooh. Awkward, eh? We know someone with whom we will no longer dine because of her atrocious tipping who has felt compelled to tell us in the past that she's worth $18 million...I guess cheapness may have contributed to that.
    I feel compelled to to you I am worth $18 million. It's not true. But I'm compelled to tell you.

I feel compelled to to you I am worth $18 million. It's not true. But I'm compelled to tell you.
    Was your car really stolen? 🚗👮

Was your car really stolen? 🚗👮
    Ha! Yep. And it has ashes all in it and the strong odor of weed. I would have just hung out with those guys and driven them around if they'd asked.

... strong odor of weed.
    Every small town I drove through yesterday had its own dispensary. One guy walking in to one had a winter jacket on. It was 103F at the time. He did not look healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    What do you do when you are out to dinner and you realize the other party (split checks) is a bad tipper?
    If they are a bad tipper, they probably aren't in my party. I hold tipping in very high esteem. I do have family members that are embarrassing tippers. I usually pull the "oops, let me hit the bathroom real quick" and drop $20-$40 back on the table.
    I can't abide poor tippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    If they are a bad tipper, they probably aren't in my party. I hold tipping in very high esteem. I do have family members that are embarrassing tippers. I usually pull the "oops, let me hit the bathroom real quick" and drop $20-$40 back on the table.
    Did the same with my dad. His tipping improved dramatically to everyone when his granddaughter became a waitress, and he learned how poorly waitresses were paid and treated. Same with my brother in law when his daughter became a waitress. His standard tip before that was one quarter . . . not 25%, just one shiny quarter.
    Last edited by TruBlu; 07-16-2022 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Clarification

Ha! Yep. And it has ashes all in it and the strong odor of weed. I would have just hung out with those guys and driven them around if they'd asked.
    yes, opportunity wasted (along with the occupants of the car), you could have bought the beer and sat in the back seat.
    Amazing thing about people (not exclusively young folk): they choose the one place to smoke weed where they are most likely to get in trouble...not easy to cover up that smell, you can smell it just driving behind other cars.

yes, opportunity wasted (along with the occupants of the car), you could have bought the beer and sat in the back seat.
    Amazing thing about people (not exclusively young folk): they choose the one place to smoke weed where they are most likely to get in trouble...not easy to cover up that smell, you can smell it just driving behind other cars.
    I do things where they are legal.

"Everything's legal in New Jersey!"

— Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    "Everything's legal in New Jersey!"

— Alexander Hamilton
    Which exit?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    This makes me think you're going to go all Aldo Raine and carve a dollar sign in someone's forehead.