Page 2692 of 3385 FirstFirst ... 16922192259226422682269026912692269326942702274227923192 ... LastLast
Results 53,821 to 53,840 of 67681
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    My kind of meal! Dogs under the table too I imagine…
    Well this feels like an unwarranted personal attack.

That was a big mid-day ice cream cone.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Friday afternoon we went to SGU Ranch for a tour and to learn about the equine therapy program. One of the people working there is from NC. She is smart enough to be a WolfPack fan. She will be starting vet school in the fall.
    My nextdoor neighbors have a special needs 13 yo who has been going to a horse riding therapy program in Apex for years now. She loves it and it has helped her strengthen her core and improve her walking.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Point taken. What do you guys have for concessions?
    Actually, it's bring your own.

Watching Under the Banner of Heaven on Hulu. Read the book nearly 20 years ago when I was dirtbagging around southern Utah and drove right by some of the fundamentalist polygamist sects that still dot that Nevada/Utah/northern Arizona/southern Colorado area.

The U.S. is a big complicated place.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Watching Under the Banner of Heaven on Hulu. Read the book nearly 20 years ago when I was dirtbagging around southern Utah and drove right by some of the fundamentalist polygamist sects that still dot that Nevada/Utah/northern Arizona/southern Colorado area.

The U.S. is a big complicated place.

I saw 3 Wu-tang Clan t-shirts at the grocery store this morning (8:00 am on a Sunday morning) and it took me right back to the '90s. Those were good times.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I saw 3 Wu-tang Clan t-shirts at the grocery store this morning (8:00 am on a Sunday morning) and it took me right back to the '90s. Those were good times.
    Did the shirts themselves look like they were from the 90s? I have 1, maybe 2, articles of clothing from the 90s so it could have just been sleepy moms or dads who were children of those times out doing their grocery duty.

Or were they rap battling in the condiment aisle?

Did the shirts themselves look like they were from the 90s? I have 1, maybe 2, articles of clothing from the 90s so it could have just been sleepy moms or dads who were children of those times out doing their grocery duty.

Or were they rap battling in the condiment aisle?
    One of the three was clearly vintage, one was indeterminate and one was of recent vintage or at least a kid in his late teens probably.

Nobody wants to hear “There’s poop on there” from a toddler at 6:30 AM on a Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Actually, it's bring your own.
    Next time we’ll roast an ox on a (big) spit!

Nobody wants to hear “There’s poop on there” from a toddler at 6:30 AM on a Monday.
    Doesn't bother me that much! (long live Kirkland paper towels)

Doesn't bother me that much! (long live Kirkland paper towels)
    Given your current living situation, I would be very alarmed if a toddler exclaimed "there's poop on there" in your house!

I’ve been pre-approved to apply. I guess I need permission?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I’ve been pre-approved to apply. I guess I need permission?
    At least you got it rather than something telling you not to even think about applying.

It is just a beautiful day for this time of year. Did a run and didn’t end up a soggy dripping mess like I normally do. Huzzah!

It is just a beautiful day for this time of year. Did a run and didn’t end up a soggy dripping mess like I normally do. Huzzah!
    Yeah. 79 in NC. Shockingly nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Yeah. 79 in NC. Shockingly nice.
    Pretty pleased with my weird little things thread but very worried about the republic.

Hey Wilson!

Have you watched this, yet? Too cool! Long lost epi. I probably would have been terrified as those witch scenes always scared the crap out of me in the Wizard of Oz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21btSNc6tIU

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    My nextdoor neighbors have a special needs 13 yo who has been going to a horse riding therapy program in Apex for years now. She loves it and it has helped her strengthen her core and improve her walking.
    My son did something like this (it wasn't formal therapy, but a camp where horseback riding was prominently featured that we chose partially for that reason), and he also loved it. The friendly horses were a big part of the success of the camp.

And this is admittedly a pet peeve of mine, but it should be "13-year-old with special needs", not the other way around. If you put the special needs part first, that becomes the emphasis, almost as if the person part is just coincidental. They are a person first, and should be treated as such, and the special needs part is just a description of one of their many features. The phrasing is a minor thing, but it actually can make a difference in how we think about people with disabilities. Offered FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    And this is admittedly a pet peeve of mine, but it should be "13-year-old with special needs", not the other way around. If you put the special needs part first, that becomes the emphasis, almost as if the person part is just coincidental. They are a person first, and should be treated as such, and the special needs part is just a description of one of their many features. The phrasing is a minor thing, but it actually can make a difference in how we think about people with disabilities. Offered FWIW.
    This is an excellent point and I will do better going forward.