Page 2668 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 16682168256826182658266626672668266926702678271827683168 ... LastLast
Results 53,341 to 53,360 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Only if they have been climbing.
    Suddenly private Rojas’s blood ran cold as a squad of Nazi storm poopers burst into the room…

65 hours ‘til summer.

These 8:30 AM meetings in Austin are killing me.

Only because of those 3am nights in Austin?

Breakfast brisket tacos for the road?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Partying on the 6th street?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I was in my best friend's wedding in Austin several years ago. As a fellow who was domesticated twelve years earlier, I was wildly unprepared for spending time with Austin musicians and their very disparate schedule. I was there 5 days. Two more might have done me in.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I'm still of the opinion that we should swap Memorial Day and Veterans' Day. Memorial Day marks the start of summer, with grilling, gatherings, and fun events. But those kinds of events should be the occasion to honor and celebrate with those who served but are still living. Veterans' Day, on the other hand, is deep into fall and on the cusp of winter, and aligns with the European Remembrance Day/Armistice Day, which honors the fallen and created to mark the surrender in WWI. There's no one left from that war to honor, and it better serves to have a moment of quiet contemplation in the waiting period before the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons begin.

I think I might be alone on this island, but the timing of these two holidays in this country is all wrong. Veterans, thank you. For me, this past weekend was for you, not for your fallen compatriots. I will mourn the latter at the Eleventh Hour of the Eleventh Day of the Eleventh Month.
    Not to mention greetings of "Happy Memorial Day", which really is a great oxymoron. The holiday has really lost all meaning associated with its intended purpose.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Not this time.

Breakfast brisket tacos for the road?
    Yes

I get asked this often by my SA friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Not to mention greetings of "Happy Memorial Day", which really is a great oxymoron. The holiday has really lost all meaning associated with its intended purpose.
    Yes. I have a friend and former coworker who is 82 and was in the Marines. I send him a Happy Memorial Day message every year and he reminds my that it isn't supposed to be happy. He isn't a jerk about it, but he always says "Memorial Day isn't about me."

Sobering.

don't fall in the tub of beer at the Iron Works!

I was in my best friend's wedding in Austin several years ago. As a fellow who was domesticated twelve years earlier, I was wildly unprepared for spending time with Austin musicians and their very disparate schedule. I was there 5 days. Two more might have done me in.
    Not me. I can absolutely throw down to the crack of 10:30 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Not me. I can absolutely throw down to the crack of 10:30 pm.
    He reads, pondering, what does 10:30's crack look like?
    Rich

Um, like a colon?

Um, like a colon?
    This is so awesome. But I must spread comments. Also 10:30 looks like I'm going to sleep.

Um, like a colon?
    Wow. Early candidate for post of the year. Very well done. I was able to spork, but so should everyone else.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I have, in recent years, grown to have significant problems with Memorial Day. I feel gratitude and respect for those who lost their lives defending our freedom and believe they deserve a day of remembrance, but I find the definition of who fits into that category too restrictive. Veterans Day can continue to be the day we honor the members of the Armed Forces, past and present, living and dead. Memorial Day needs to expand to remember those who defended our freedom in any capacity, not just as part of the armed services, for me to actively participate in Memorial Day.

This is so awesome. But I must spread comments. Also 10:30 looks like I'm going to sleep.
    Wow. Early candidate for post of the year. Very well done. I was able to spork, but so should everyone else.
    Done!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I have, in recent years, grown to have significant problems with Memorial Day. I feel gratitude and respect for those who lost their lives defending our freedom and believe they deserve a day of remembrance, but I find the definition of who fits into that category too restrictive. Veterans Day can continue to be the day we honor the members of the Armed Forces, past and present, living and dead. Memorial Day needs to expand to remember those who defended our freedom in any capacity, not just as part of the armed services, for me to actively participate in Memorial Day.
    Are you thinking journalists, politicians, ambassadors? I don't disagree, expand on this if you will.

Um, like a colon?
    More than happy playing the straight man role
    Rich