Page 2657 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 16572157255726072647265526562657265826592667270727573157 ... LastLast
Results 53,121 to 53,140 of 67385
    Lawn isn't coming in very well.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    No rain.

Blind Melon shoulda told ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    No rain.

Blind Melon shoulda told ya.
    Great. Now I have the overwhelming urge to dance around in a bee outfit. Again.

What does anyone know about single direct drive house fans, as opposed to the "attic fan" style house fan I grew up with? Looks like a much simpler install?

What does anyone know about single direct drive house fans, as opposed to the "attic fan" style house fan I grew up with? Looks like a much simpler install?

Are you allergic to any pollens, etc.?

Are you allergic to any pollens, etc.?
    Not very much so. Good question. Is there a difference between the two constructions in how much it would pull in? I assume the "in" is just through the windows.

My parents in Charlotte have had one for 40 years that's installed in the ceiling. Here in Asheville, we get much cooler evenings. Seems it would be much more effective here.

Did you cuss encouragement at it? Like, “Eff you, fescue! Grow!”

Not very much so. Good question. Is there a difference between the two constructions in how much it would pull in? I assume the "in" is just through the windows.

My parents in Charlotte have had one for 40 years that's installed in the ceiling. Here in Asheville, we get much cooler evenings. Seems it would be much more effective here.
    Where do you think Asheville ranks on best mountain towns?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    https://youtu.be/ldioxVEFxo4

Like this?
    Last edited by -jk; 05-21-2022 at 07:44 PM. Reason: fix link

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    https://youtu.be/ldioxVEFxo4

Like this?
    I’m onto your little game. I’m not clicking that so I have to see you in your ittle bee costume doing your ittle buzzy wuzzy dance. Weirdo.

Okay, if you did, I would wonder if it was a good idea at all as they really increase the number of air changes in a house to 3-6 times an hour. I follow a few builders who specialize in getting air changes per hour for a house down to under 1(Passive house: https://passivehouse-international.org/index.php). This includes things like bringing the attic into the building envelope/conditioned space. Then you use something like this to provide filtered air into the house. https://www.zehnderamerica.com/heat-...ilation-units/ These types of systems are great for someone who has allergies. So, an entirely different use case.

As far as single direct drive versus an older style fan, my assumption is that the older type is belt driven. This was likely due to the type of motors available and their costs at the time of installation. With a whole house fan, you want to be careful with how much air you are moving because moving too much at once could have negative consequences. So, I would suspect that a single direct drive has a few speeds which it can be set at to compensate/adjust volume and compensate for those negative consequences.

But if I say the type of grass I have, a whole island may get pissed off at me.

I’m onto your little game. I’m not clicking that so I have to see you in your ittle bee costume doing your ittle buzzy wuzzy dance. Weirdo.
    Well, it isn't properly linked so you can't left click it anyways. You may be able to right click and then select to open it depending upon browser.

But if I say the type of grass I have, a whole island may get pissed off at me.
    St Augustine, Bermuda, or Australia?

Okay, if you did, I would wonder if it was a good idea at all as they really increase the number of air changes in a house to 3-6 times an hour. I follow a few builders who specialize in getting air changes per hour for a house down to under 1(Passive house: https://passivehouse-international.org/index.php). This includes things like bringing the attic into the building envelope/conditioned space. Then you use something like this to provide filtered air into the house. https://www.zehnderamerica.com/heat-...ilation-units/ These types of systems are great for someone who has allergies. So, an entirely different use case.

As far as single direct drive versus an older style fan, my assumption is that the older type is belt driven. This was likely due to the type of motors available and their costs at the time of installation. With a whole house fan, you want to be careful with how much air you are moving because moving too much at once could have negative consequences. So, I would suspect that a single direct drive has a few speeds which it can be set at to compensate/adjust volume and compensate for those negative consequences.
    Well, in my experience, "3-6 times an hour" isn't too relevant, because it takes maybe 20 minutes to cool the air and then you turn it off. Which is the main attraction vis a vis the AC.

Wish y’all would stop having a serious conversation in the middle of our weird little thing about bee suits and grass.

Wish y’all would stop having a serious conversation in the middle of our weird little thing about bee suits and grass.
    All I can say is that my life is pretty plain.

All I can say is that my life is pretty plain.
    You don’t like my point of view?

St Augustine, Bermuda, or Australia?

Bermuda...

Well, in my experience, "3-6 times an hour" isn't too relevant, because it takes maybe 20 minutes to cool the air and then you turn it off. Which is the main attraction vis a vis the AC.
    Lol, doing a little contextual analysis you've demonstrated my sizing point. If it changes out all the air 3 times an hour, how long for it to exchange all the air in the house once? 20 minutes. And if it changes out all the air 6 times an hour, how long to exchange all the air one time? 10 minutes...

it takes maybe 20 minutes to cool the air