Page 2652 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 16522152255226022642265026512652265326542662270227523152 ... LastLast
Results 53,021 to 53,040 of 67668
    Massive organization. Some processes locked down, others not so much. Operating outside Fed and OCC view has benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You cuss at ‘em?
    No, she was actually nice and helpful and had no clue that phone calls were not going through. Said they were "switching to a new system" (aren't they always?) and that was what the training was for and why I was sent an incorrect link. She fixed it, said the business in question had not yet replied to the complaint, and told me what happens if they do not reply, etc. Like I said, very helpful. And you don't get that very often anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    No, she was actually nice and helpful and had no clue that phone calls were not going through. Said they were "switching to a new system" (aren't they always?) and that was what the training was for and why I was sent an incorrect link. She fixed it, said the business in question had not yet replied to the complaint, and told me what happens if they do not reply, etc. Like I said, very helpful. And you don't get that very often anymore.
    Stop should have cussed.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    “Please listen carefully as our menu has recently changed . . . “

Yep, 5 years ago.

Primary day. Time to do my civic duty!

Time to do my civic duty!
    I thought that was jury day when we got to judge others.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I thought that was jury day when we got to judge others.
    I judge others everyday. I'm Judge Judy and executioner.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I judge others everyday. I'm Judge Judy and executioner.
    Hmmmm.

I too judge every day but leave that Judy and executioner nonsense alone.

Slowing down round here.

Helping divorcing friends clean their house suxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Helping divorcing friends clean their house suxxxxx
    You the reason?

(That does suck. Sorry).

You the reason?

(That does suck. Sorry).
    Gosh, I don't think so. Just one of these COVID divorces, if you know what I mean.

Makes me feel very fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Gosh, I don't think so. Just one of these COVID divorces, if you know what I mean.

Makes me feel very fortunate.
    The last couple of years have exposed a new litmus test that was never really exposed before. Unfortunate in many ways.

The last couple of years have exposed a new litmus test that was never really exposed before. Unfortunate in many ways.
    You already move to Austin? When's all that going down?

You already move to Austin? When's all that going down?
    Don’t have to move. Facilities determined they didn’t have enough space and the building they are working in won’t be done until late ‘23. So, after a couple more admin hoops, I’ll be shifted to virtual. Which works out for me.

Don’t have to move. Facilities determined they didn’t have enough space and the building they are working in won’t be done until late ‘23. So, after a couple more admin hoops, I’ll be shifted to virtual. Which works out for me.
    Lucky!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Lucky!

-jk

As they say, better to be lucky than good..

I’m a remote worker, got hired in the pandemic sweet spot with my company. They’re mandating a 3/2 schedule for return to office by June.

It’s great but as a mid-career guy I do wonder if I’ll just be remote forever and if I’m okay with that.

I’m a remote worker, got hired in the pandemic sweet spot with my company. They’re mandating a 3/2 schedule for return to office by June.

It’s great but as a mid-career guy I do wonder if I’ll just be remote forever and if I’m okay with that.

I'm more mid to late, depending upon when I want to retire. We were 3/2 when I left, but honestly it seemed more like 1/4 was the more common schedule for most. Will office life as we knew it ever be the same? I do know that an office building built to handle 18-20k presents an issue when you have 2-4k a day. And a large portion of that 2k on slow days is simply there to maintain/support the facility.

I'm more mid to late, depending upon when I want to retire. We were 3/2 when I left, but honestly it seemed more like 1/4 was the more common schedule for most. Will office life as we knew it ever be the same? I do know that an office building built to handle 18-20k presents an issue when you have 2-4k a day. And a large portion of that 2k on slow days is simply there to maintain/support the facility.
    Yeah, it seems like a large number of knowledge it systems office workers are flat out ignoring the return to office policies. It’s pretty amazing, honestly.